• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Health and Damage

T

Thiccypoo

I'm not sure how exactly yo do it, I've watched tutorials but they don't seem to help, I've tried setting health -1 relative to the amount of health given (3) but it kills the player and the enemy , which is set to destroy on contact with the player. I've also tried creating an object that moves along below the player that when comes in contact with the enemy entity it destroys it but when I set it to follow below the player it continues to go on through the player and out of screen. When I turn off relative it does the same thing.

Update I fixed damage, now it takes away 1 HP when I touch the enemy

G

Guy_Typing

I'm not sure how exactly yo do it, I've watched tutorials but they don't seem to help, I've tried setting health -1 relative to the amount of health given (3) but it kills the player and the enemy , which is set to destroy on contact with the player. I've also tried creating an object that moves along below the player that when comes in contact with the enemy entity it destroys it but when I set it to follow below the player it continues to go on through the player and out of screen. When I turn off relative it does the same thing.

Update I fixed damage, now it takes away 1 HP when I touch the enemy
No offense but this is confusing how you word this. I've noticed no one has replied yet (other than myself just now). My suggestion is to rewrite your question and do it with care, making things very clear what you are asking, so we can better assist you.