Fringe gamejam theme (gamejolt)

W

Wraithious

Soo the theme for the gamejolt slamdance game jam is FRINGE... it's possibly the worst gamejam theme in worst gamejam theme.. HISTORY! I googled fringe to see what it means and mops and haircuts were 99% of the search results, please someone give me some ideas on what kind of game would 'qualify' as being fringe themed or i will be entering a game about a mop haha

G

Guest User

they likely mean it as "extremity of something", or "at the very limit/edge". it can also be used to simply mean 'extreme' or 'to surround/form a border around'.

some examples would be something to do with the edges of civilization/the universe/known space/ocean/something, being far from society/help/whatever, testing the limits of something, an extremist movement (political), or an unusual subculture/lifestyle that differs radically from the accepted social standards.

W

Wraithious

they likely mean it as "extremity", or "at the very limit/edge". it can also be used to simply mean 'extreme' or 'to surround/form a border around'.

some examples would be something to do with the edges of civilization/the universe/known space/ocean/something, being far from society/help/whatever, testing the limits of something, an extremist movement (political), or an unusual subculture/lifestyle that differs radically from the accepted social standards.
Cool thanks that actually gives me some ideas then,
The Colonist
Cliff walker
Daymare
Raver's realm
The Outcast

W

Wraithious

So on the game jolt forum they've told me the theme says were supposed to make a game that the character goes through the boundries of the game.

those aren't ideas, they're names
Those are the names of my game ideas

W

Wraithious

Well for better or worse it's done! I actually kinda like it.
Game page / download link: ss1.png

Last edited by a moderator: