• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Mac OSX Unable to 'Play' on my MAC / El Capitan

Paul Green

While I appreciate the instructions state that it should be 'Sierra', I'm going with the 'should work' on El Capitan as I can't afford a new machine yet.

My current project runs on my El Capitan Mac through 1.4, so I imported my project into GMS2. I've configured the preferences and the settings the same, but I get this error, which doesn't really help me

I've tested the connection, I've cleared the SSH, etc, I've followed a tip from

https://forum.yoyogames.com/index.php?threads/cant-find-ios-devices-ssh-authorized_keys-error.27395/
https://forum.yoyogames.com/index.php?threads/cant-find-ios-devices-ssh-authorized_keys-error.27395/
that didn't help, I get the output of (oh, and I've removed sensitive info, as it's not needed)

Code:
[tnhbctpti] = [the_names_have_been_changed_to_protect_the_innocent]

Saving project to: E:\[tnhbctpti].yyp
"C:\ProgramData/GameMakerStudio2/Cache/runtimes\runtime-2.0.6.96/bin/Igor.exe"  -options="C:\Users\[tnhbctpti]\AppData\Local\GameMakerStudio2\build.bff"  -- Mac Run

Loaded Macros from C:\Users\[tnhbctpti]\AppData\Roaming\GameMakerStudio2\Cache\[tnhbctpti]\macros.json
Options: C:\ProgramData/GameMakerStudio2/Cache/runtimes\runtime-2.0.6.96\bin\platform_setting_defaults.json
Options: C:\Users\[tnhbctpti]\AppData\Roaming/GameMakerStudio2\[tnhbctpti]\local_settings.json
Options: C:\Users\[tnhbctpti]\AppData\Roaming\GameMakerStudio2\Cache\[tnhbctpti]\targetoptions.json
C:\ProgramData/GameMakerStudio2/Cache/runtimes\runtime-2.0.6.96/bin/GMAssetCompiler.exe  /c /zpex /mv=1 /iv=0 /rv=0 /bv=0 /j=4 /gn="[tnhbctpti]" /td="C:\Users\[tnhbctpti]\AppData\Local\GameMakerStudio2" /cd="C:\Users\[tnhbctpti]\AppData\Roaming\GameMakerStudio2\Cache\[tnhbctpti]" /zpuf="C:\Users\[tnhbctpti]\AppData\Roaming/GameMakerStudio2\[tnhbctpti]" /m=llvm-mac /tgt=2 /llvmSource="C:\ProgramData/GameMakerStudio2/Cache/runtimes\runtime-2.0.6.96/yyc/"  /nodnd /cfg=default /o="C:\Users\[tnhbctpti]\AppData\Local\GameMakerStudio2\[tnhbctpti]" /sh=True /optionsini="C:\Users\[tnhbctpti]\AppData\Local\GameMakerStudio2\[tnhbctpti]\options.ini"  /cvm /baseproject="C:\ProgramData/GameMakerStudio2/Cache/runtimes\runtime-2.0.6.96\BaseProject\BaseProject.yyp" "E:\[tnhbctpti].yyp" /preprocess="C:\Users\[tnhbctpti]\AppData\Roaming\GameMakerStudio2\Cache\[tnhbctpti]"
Reading project file....E:\[tnhbctpti]
Reading project file....C:\ProgramData\GameMakerStudio2\Cache\runtimes\runtime-2.0.6.96\BaseProject
Reading config delta 'E:\[tnhbctpti]\options\main\inherited\options_main.inherited.yy'
finished.

C:\ProgramData/GameMakerStudio2/Cache/runtimes\runtime-2.0.6.96/bin/GMAssetCompiler.exe DONE (0)
Options: C:\Users\[tnhbctpti]\AppData\Roaming\GameMakerStudio2\Cache\[tnhbctpti]\PlatformOptions.json
working dir: C:\Program Files\GameMaker Studio 2
C:\ProgramData/GameMakerStudio2/Cache/runtimes\runtime-2.0.6.96\bin\putty\yyputtygen.exe C:\Users\[tnhbctpti]\AppData\Roaming/GameMakerStudio2\[tnhbctpti]\yoyo.ppk -O public-openssh
Igor complete.
Any more ideas I can try? or am I waiting until the next update? as I can't determine if the error is being caused by my code, or the GMS2 IDE? I'm guessing it's not my code

Y

Yazuka

This is something we've fixed internally and will be in the next update.

M

mudora55

This issue completely breaks the Mac version and has been around for over a month now. This seems very unreasonable for a released software, especially "it's already fixed internally".

Mike

nobody important
GMC Elder
Doing a release is a complicated and slow process as it has to be tested properly - as much as we are able to at any rate. Each release takes a couple of weeks to actually do so we can't hop from one release to another as we simply wouldn't get anything else done, and if we didn't properly test it, you guys would be the first to shout about it. Even with this testing stuff slips through the cracks, GMS2 is a large, complex program and the interactions between each module/component/targert/device will spawn a large matrix of testing conditions, not all of which we can trap here, we simply don't have the resources for that, and even if we thought we did, the tens of thousands of users out there would find some new device or condition that we've never seen. This is just a fact of dev life.

We are working on a new release and hope to get it out soon.