• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Android BUILD FAILED Cannot find build.xml

B

Brett

I am using Gamemaker Studio v1.4.1657 because I am trying to test a project on Android TV and the newest 1.4 builds give an "Incorrect Android target" error when testing the APK on my Nvidia Shield TV. I can build successfully on the newer 1.4 builds but on v.1.4.1657 build this occurs:

BUILD FAILED
C:\Users\Badboybrenden\AppData\Local\gm_ttt_81655\gm_ttt_90926\build.xml:84: Cannot find C:\Users\Badboybrenden\AppData\Local\Android\Sdk\tools\ant\build.xml imported from C:\Users\Badboybrenden\AppData\Local\gm_ttt_81655\gm_ttt_90926\build.xml

I have been looking for a solution for hours and nothing works. If you guys can help I would appreciate it greatly.

Here is the full compile:
Code:
Create started: 12:46:24 AM
"C:\Users\Badboybrenden\AppData\Roaming\GameMaker-Studio\GMAssetCompiler.exe" /fU="C:\Users\Badboybrenden\AppData\Local\gm_ttt_81655\a82288.txt" /c /m=android   /config="Default" /tgt=8 /tg="C:\Users\Badboybrenden\AppData\Local\gm_ttt_81655\\TextureGroups.txt" /to="C:\Users\Badboybrenden\AppData\Local\gm_ttt_81655\\TextureOptions.txt" /obob=True /obpp=False /obru=True /obes=False /i=3 /cvm /tp=1024 /mv=1 /iv=0 /rv=0 /bv=1657 /gn="Project1" /td="C:\Users\Badboybrenden\AppData\Local" /cd="C:\Users\Badboybrenden\Documents\GameMaker\Cache" /sh=True /dbgp="6502" /hip="127.0.0.1" /hprt="51268" /optionsini="C:\Users\Badboybrenden\AppData\Local\gm_ttt_81655\gm_ttt_33682\Project1.ini" /o="C:\Users\Badboybrenden\AppData\Local\gm_ttt_81655\gm_ttt_33682" "C:\Users\Badboybrenden\Documents\GameMaker\Projects\Project1.gmx\Project1.project.gmx"

Reading project file....finished.
Compile Constants...finished.
Remove DnD...finished.
Compile Scripts...finished.
Compile Objects...finished.
Compile Timelines...finished.
Compile Triggers...finished.
Compile Rooms...finished.
Compile Extensions...finished.
Final Compile...finished.
Saving IFF file... C:\Users\Badboybrenden\AppData\Local\gm_ttt_81655\gm_ttt_33682\Project1.droid
Writing Chunk... GEN8
Writing Chunk... OPTN
Writing Chunk... EXTN
Writing Chunk... SOND
Writing Chunk... AGRP
Writing Chunk... SPRT
Writing Chunk... BGND
Writing Chunk... PATH
Writing Chunk... SCPT
Writing Chunk... SHDR
Writing Chunk... FONT
Writing Chunk... TMLN
Writing Chunk... OBJT
Writing Chunk... ROOM
Writing Chunk... DAFL
Writing Chunk... TPAGE
Writing Chunk... CODE
Writing Chunk... VARI
Writing Chunk... FUNC
Writing Chunk... STRG
Writing Chunk... TXTR
Writing Chunk... AUDO
Writing Chunk... SCPT
Writing Chunk... DBGI
Writing Chunk... INST
Writing Chunk... STRG
Stats : GMA : Elapsed=4284.4363
Stats : GMA : sp=0,au=0,bk=0,pt=0,sc=0,sh=0,fo=0,tl=0,ob=0,ro=1,da=0,ex=0,ma=0,fm=0x0
cmd /c ""C:\Users\Badboybrenden\AppData\Roaming\GameMaker-Studio\Android\apache-ant-1.8.2\bin\ant.bat"  -Dsdk.dir="C:\Users\Badboybrenden\AppData\Local\Android\Sdk" -DYOYO_ANDROID_RUNNER_SOURCE="..\..\gm_ttt_81655/SDKLibs" clean release"

Buildfile: C:\Users\Badboybrenden\AppData\Local\gm_ttt_81655\gm_ttt_90926\build.xml

BUILD FAILED
C:\Users\Badboybrenden\AppData\Local\gm_ttt_81655\gm_ttt_90926\build.xml:84: Cannot find C:\Users\Badboybrenden\AppData\Local\Android\Sdk\tools\ant\build.xml imported from C:\Users\Badboybrenden\AppData\Local\gm_ttt_81655\gm_ttt_90926\build.xml

Total time: 0 seconds
Create finished: 12:46:51 AM

B

Brett

I just tried it now and it still fails to build. Yeah and BadboyBrenden is kinda funny.

B

Brett

Bump* I really need this to work because this will allow me to do a lot with the Nvidia Shield TV and Android in general.

S

santiagolemos123

I am using Gamemaker Studio v1.4.1657 because I am trying to test a project on Android TV and the newest 1.4 builds give an "Incorrect Android target" error when testing the APK on my Nvidia Shield TV. I can build successfully on the newer 1.4 builds but on v.1.4.1657 build this occurs:

BUILD FAILED

I have been looking for a solution for hours and nothing works. If you guys can help I would appreciate it greatly.

Here is the full compile:
Code:
Create started: 12:46:24 AM
"C:\Users\Badboybrenden\AppData\Roaming\GameMaker-Studio\GMAssetCompiler.exe" /fU="C:\Users\Badboybrenden\AppData\Local\gm_ttt_81655\a82288.txt" /c /m=android   /config="Default" /tgt=8 /tg="C:\Users\Badboybrenden\AppData\Local\gm_ttt_81655\\TextureGroups.txt" /to="C:\Users\Badboybrenden\AppData\Local\gm_ttt_81655\\TextureOptions.txt" /obob=True /obpp=False /obru=True /obes=False /i=3 /cvm /tp=1024 /mv=1 /iv=0 /rv=0 /bv=1657 /gn="Project1" /td="C:\Users\Badboybrenden\AppData\Local" /cd="C:\Users\Badboybrenden\Documents\GameMaker\Cache" /sh=True /dbgp="6502" /hip="127.0.0.1" /hprt="51268" /optionsini="C:\Users\Badboybrenden\AppData\Local\gm_ttt_81655\gm_ttt_33682\Project1.ini" /o="C:\Users\Badboybrenden\AppData\Local\gm_ttt_81655\gm_ttt_33682" "C:\Users\Badboybrenden\Documents\GameMaker\Projects\Project1.gmx\Project1.project.gmx"

Reading project file....finished.
Compile Constants...finished.
Remove DnD...finished.
Compile Scripts...finished.
Compile Objects...finished.
Compile Timelines...finished.
Compile Triggers...finished.
Compile Rooms...finished.
Compile Extensions...finished.
Final Compile...finished.
Saving IFF file... C:\Users\Badboybrenden\AppData\Local\gm_ttt_81655\gm_ttt_33682\Project1.droid
Writing Chunk... GEN8
Writing Chunk... OPTN
Writing Chunk... EXTN
Writing Chunk... SOND
Writing Chunk... AGRP
Writing Chunk... SPRT
Writing Chunk... BGND
Writing Chunk... PATH
Writing Chunk... SCPT
Writing Chunk... SHDR
Writing Chunk... FONT
Writing Chunk... TMLN
Writing Chunk... OBJT
Writing Chunk... ROOM
Writing Chunk... DAFL
Writing Chunk... TPAGE
Writing Chunk... CODE
Writing Chunk... VARI
Writing Chunk... FUNC
Writing Chunk... STRG
Writing Chunk... TXTR
Writing Chunk... AUDO
Writing Chunk... SCPT
Writing Chunk... DBGI
Writing Chunk... INST
Writing Chunk... STRG
Stats : GMA : Elapsed=4284.4363
Stats : GMA : sp=0,au=0,bk=0,pt=0,sc=0,sh=0,fo=0,tl=0,ob=0,ro=1,da=0,ex=0,ma=0,fm=0x0
cmd /c ""C:\Users\Badboybrenden\AppData\Roaming\GameMaker-Studio\Android\apache-ant-1.8.2\bin\ant.bat"  -Dsdk.dir="C:\Users\Badboybrenden\AppData\Local\Android\Sdk" -DYOYO_ANDROID_RUNNER_SOURCE="..\..\gm_ttt_81655/SDKLibs" clean release"

Buildfile: C:\Users\Badboybrenden\AppData\Local\gm_ttt_81655\gm_ttt_90926\build.xml

BUILD FAILED

Total time: 0 seconds
Create finished: 12:46:51 AM
I'm with the same problem, did you solve it?

S

santiagolemos123

resolved!
Install the SDK Manager. My error was installing Android Studio.

B

Brett

resolved!
Install the SDK Manager. My error was installing Android Studio.
Thank you! This fixed the issue. I had to look up an old file of Android SDK manager and it worked after installing all the APIs I needed it.

Last edited by a moderator:
J

JRLS

Hi Brett, i am having the same problem here....
The exact same error with the wrong android target...

Could you tell me what API's exactly you installed to make the compiled .apk work on nvidia shield TV? And what settings you used in the project?
Also, in the API i have the SDK, and also some other items in there. Two of them has to do with android TV. Which ones did you install?

I hope you can enlighten me
It's greatly appreciated :)

B

Brett

Hi Brett, i am having the same problem here....
The exact same error with the wrong android target...

Could you tell me what API's exactly you installed to make the compiled .apk work on nvidia shield TV? And what settings you used in the project?
Also, in the API i have the SDK, and also some other items in there. Two of them has to do with android TV. Which ones did you install?

I hope you can enlighten me
It's greatly appreciated :)
So first make sure your Gamemaker Studio version is v1.4.1657 or before because all the 1.4 versions afterward did not support Android TV. Then make sure you download Android SDK manager and not Android Studio (this was my mistake). Here is a download link: http://dl.google.com/android/android-sdk_r23.0.2-windows.zip Make sure if you had Android Studio perviously you don't save the new files in the same directory. Now once you have the SDK directory, JDK directory and everything set up you should be able to build an APK but you most likely will be given an error that states what API is missing. If you see this download the number it says to download. If it is not available check the obsolete box in the SDK manager. After you do this a few times and get all the APIs you should be good. I hope this helped. If you have any questions feel free to ask.

J

JRLS

Hi Brett, thanks for getting back to me! :)
i appreciate it!

1) I have the following SDKs installed:
www.jrxs.net/temp/installed_SDKs.png

2) Then, i got settings for the game as follows (global game settings -> android):
www.jrxs.net/temp/global_game_settings_android.png

When i compile this, it runs on my android tablet, phone and also OUYA,
It installs on Android shield TV, but when i try to run it, i get the error that it's not for Android TV target, but Android target.

3) If i expand the API23 node in SDK manager :
www.jrxs.net/temp/skd6.0_(API23).png
i see a bunch of stuff that can be installed also (looks like it has got to do something with android TV)
I only installed "SDK platform" and "google APIs". I also installed "Android TV ARM EABI v7a System image", but i dont think the latter is doing anything....

4) When i compile the game, i choose target "Andoid/Fire" option.

Did i forget something?
Especially with (3), do i need to install something more for android TV?

B

Brett

Hi Brett, thanks for getting back to me! :)
i appreciate it!

1) I have the following SDKs installed:
www.jrxs.net/temp/installed_SDKs.png

2) Then, i got settings for the game as follows (global game settings -> android):
www.jrxs.net/temp/global_game_settings_android.png

When i compile this, it runs on my android tablet, phone and also OUYA,
It installs on Android shield TV, but when i try to run it, i get the error that it's not for Android TV target, but Android target.

3) If i expand the API23 node in SDK manager :
www.jrxs.net/temp/skd6.0_(API23).png
i see a bunch of stuff that can be installed also (looks like it has got to do something with android TV)
I only installed "SDK platform" and "google APIs". I also installed "Android TV ARM EABI v7a System image", but i dont think the latter is doing anything....

4) When i compile the game, i choose target "Andoid/Fire" option.

Did i forget something?
Especially with (3), do i need to install something more for android TV?
It will give you a compiler error if you need more APIs and it runs successful. What version of Gamemaker Studio are you running and what does the error say? I see that your version has fire tv as an option and I believe that was in the never 1.4 build where Android TV doesn't work.

J

JRLS

Ok, i need to downgrade to v1.4.1657 as i have version v1.4.1763....

Last edited by a moderator:
J

JRLS

@Brett , thanks!!!
i installed the latest pre-gradle build, and the right SDKs using the SDK manager.
I compiled to target "Android" and sideloaded on the nvidia shield TV
It works!!!!!
Even the gamepad works nicely :)

Thanks again for your help :)