• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Windows Desktop/Windows module/VS 2017: 32 or 64 bit export?

G

GMMG

I have the Desktop Windows export module (not the UWP module) and my OS is Windows 10 64 bit.

Are the exported exe files 32 or 64 bit applications?
Is there a coherence between the
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2017\Community\VC\Auxiliary\Build\vcvars32.bat
\vcvars32.bat or vcvars64.bat "Windows Platform Settings" and the exported exe,
so if I set vcvars32.bat the exe is 32 bit and if I set vcvars64.bat the exe is 64 bit?

Or can I only export 64 bit exe's with an 64 bit Windows and only 32 bit exe's with a 32 bit Window?

Or how can I change between 32 and 64 bit export?

Or can the community version of Visual Studio only export 32 bit exe's?
A sign for this is that it was installed in the C:\Program Files (x86) path.
But is it possible that a VS of 2017 can not export 64 bit exe's???

Last edited by a moderator:

Perseus

Not Medusa
Forum Staff
Are the exported exe files 32 or 64 bit applications?
32-bit only at the moment. YYG have plans to allow you to compile 64-bit executables.

Or can I only export 64 bit exe's with an 64 bit Windows and only 32 bit exe's with a 32 bit Window?
GMS2 doesn't run at all on 32-bit versions of Windows, so that is definitely not the case.

Or how can I change between 32 and 64 bit export?
That functionality is not available. Only 32-bit executables can be compiled until YYG add an option to compile as 64-bit executables.