• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Windows Can't convert to GML

J

Jake Cage

Whenever I click on Convert to GML from Drag N' Drop it does not do anything. This only happens for object creation code in room editor, no where else. This only happens to this project. Here's a picture of exactly what happens. This is annoying as I don't use Drag N' Drop. How do I fix this?

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:
You have to have something as Drag n Drop to convert it to GML. That is the purpose of that option. It looks like you don't have anything set up yet in your creation code, so there is nothing to convert.
If you don't want to be doing DnD for your project, then you should be creating your project as a GML project, not a DnD project. I'm not sure if you can change the project type after you have started it as one type (I seem to remember it being talked about, but not sure if it was added yet as an option).

J

Jake Cage

You have to have something as Drag n Drop to convert it to GML. That is the purpose of that option. It looks like you don't have anything set up yet in your creation code, so there is nothing to convert.
That is most definitely not the case. You do not need to add blocks of code to convert to GML. But even then I have tried that.
If you don't want to be doing DnD for your project, then you should be creating your project as a GML project, not a DnD project. I'm not sure if you can change the project type after you have started it as one type (I seem to remember it being talked about, but not sure if it was added yet as an option).
I'm aware of the pre-set option. It's too late for that as the project has already been made.

Jobo

GMC Elder
You don't need anything in the script to convert it to GML and vice versa.

@Jake Cage can you please file a bug for this and include the ui.log file in %programdata%/GameMakerStudio2/ and we will take a look

I'm aware of the pre-set option. It's too late for that as the project has already been made.
One of these days I will get round to adding an option post project creation to flip the default type.

J

Jake Cage

You don't need anything in the script to convert it to GML and vice versa.

@Jake Cage can you please file a bug for this and include the ui.log file in %programdata%/GameMakerStudio2/ and we will take a look

One of these days I will get round to adding an option post project creation to flip the default type.
Ok I filed a bug report. Is there anything I can do or is the project not salvageable?

Jobo

GMC Elder
If you can send the project to me in a private message I can take a look tomorrow. If anything you can do it manually: go to the .yy file for the room and find the given instance (by instance name) in the file and set the "IsDnD" attribute to "False"

J

Jake Cage

If you can send the project to me in a private message I can take a look tomorrow. If anything you can do it manually: go to the .yy file for the room and find the given instance (by instance name) in the file and set the "IsDnD" attribute to "False"
Alright, I'll send the project to you via link. Thanks!