Discussion Pizza appreciation thread

Gamer (ex-Cantavanda)

〜Flower Prince〜
Pizza is amazing.
In this thread/topic, we will discuss how much we love pizza.
What is your favourite pizza?
Do you prefer pizzerias or pizza hut?
What do you think of pineapple on pizza?
Do you make pizzas yourself?

I personally love pineapple on pizza, those are my favourite, and I prefer pizzeria over pizza hut, but since I'm intolerant to gluten, milk and eggs, I make the pizzas myself in a way I'm not intolerant to it.

chance

predictably random
Forum Staff
...since I'm intolerant to gluten, milk and eggs, I make the pizzas myself in a way I'm not intolerant to it.
You make a gluten-free crust? I've seen gluten-free flours in the market, but the ingredients sound... bleh. Rice flour, potato starch, millet, etc.

I make pizza dough with whole wheat flour. There are white whole wheat flours available in the US now. Whole grain, but less heavy than traditional whole wheat -- but they need extra yeast to get a good rise. They're good for breads and pizza dough.

For me, pizza is all about the crust. I like thin crust, but strong enough to hold lots of toppings. Last year I got a pizza stone for the oven, and a wooden pizza peel (paddle).

S

SyntheticStorm9

Love pizza! Pineapple is good on certain pizzas in my opinion, I do make my own pizzas, barbeque sauce then cheese, then onion then bacon bits, Mmmm. little ceasers is best.

G

Guest User

1) pepperoni pizza
2) doesn't matter where it comes from
3) when preparing for my trip to Italy i heard a very lengthy and eloquent way to ask for pineapple pizza in Italian. the translation, in English, was roughly "please point me to the nearest church, for i need a priest to confess my sins"
4) nop, i buy manufactured food from the grocery store like any good American. i did try homemade pizza recently, though. it was honestly just bread with a few cans of spinach dumped on it. i...i really don't like spinach but social convention is a harsh mistress.

pepperoni pizza is my favorite food tbh, though some pastas are a close second. that being said, i'm lactose intolerant so i pay dearly for every slice. :(

chance

predictably random
Forum Staff
...i did try homemade pizza recently, though. it was honestly just bread with a few cans of spinach dumped on it.
No wonder you didn't like it. Whatever that was, it wasn't pizza. Good pizza dough isn't "just bread". And good cooks use fresh spinach.

Ninety

I make pizza dough with whole wheat flour. There are white whole wheat flours available in the US now. Whole grain, but less heavy than traditional whole wheat -- but they need extra yeast to get a good rise. They're good for breads and pizza dough.
I swear, whenever anyone starts a thread about anything remotely real-world, chance is somehow a bit of an expert. The other day it was timber or something, now it's baking.

uncanny

M

Misu

1) Pizza with mass amount of ingredients, like pepperoni, mushrooms, onions, peppers, sausages, bacon, shrimps and more.
2) Pizza Hut IS considered a pizzeria if you havent thought about it. Its logic. Although I prefer Dominoes.
3) Fruits are the last thing I want to see on my pizza. Sorry. Have you seen the episode of Doug, eating banana with pizza sauce?... thats abnormal!
4) I use Lunchables. Does that count?

T

Tyler Logsdon

I like pepperoni. Imo my school makes my favorite pizza, because our cook is a professional cook and not just some old lady off the street.

Lukasmah

there is no bad pizza, only slighly less good pizza
He grabbed a slice of pizza. The crust was soggy and falling apart. It was dripping with grease. The tomatoes were probably older than he was, and he was pretty sure the colour of the pepperoni was a bad sign. He even saw the cheese move.

But it didn't matter. He managed to eat it before it ate him, enjoying every bite. After all, there is no such thing as a bad pizza.

Last edited:
T

Toni

Those who can't take pineapple on their pizza are weak. I don't believe in racism or eugenics, we should only purge people based on their opinions. You can fill in the rest of this thought.

R

roytheshort

Those who can't take pineapple on their pizza are weak. I don't believe in racism or eugenics, we should only purge people based on their opinions. You can fill in the rest of this thought.
I'm not racist but I pepperoni is objectively better than pineapple.

T

Toni

I'm not racist but I pepperoni is objectively better than pineapple.
Pepperoni is literally the worst pizza topping. People enjoy it through a process that's equivalent to stockholm syndrome, except with food.
It's nasty, and it ruins every pizza it's on. All the nuance you get out of legitimate toppings is removed with the addition of the pepperoni.

R

roytheshort

Pepperoni is literally the worst pizza topping. People enjoy it through a process that's equivalent to stockholm syndrome, except with food.
It's nasty, and it ruins every pizza it's on. All the nuance you get out of legitimate toppings is removed with the addition of the pepperoni.
Actually the worst pizza topping is you, the reason you aren't dead is because people don't want to put you on pizza.

T

Toni

When people hand me a slice of pizza with pepperoni on it, I peel them off.

R

Rednavi

Just had pizza and found out that this thread exists :p viva la pizza!

T

Toni

Jack since when is childishly being against a slightly more interesting experience with food the 'normal' option?

B

BenRawlesMusic

There's a place near me that does an amazing thin crust called Livin' Italy. Just like a good pizzeria in Rome! :)

chance

predictably random
Forum Staff
There's a place near me that does an amazing thin crust called Livin' Italy. Just like a good pizzeria in Rome! :)
I like a thin crust too.

Speaking of "pizzeria in Rome"... reminds me of a pizza place that opened a few years ago. The placed reeked of fake authenticity. They advertised that their oven was made from "real Roman fire bricks imported from Italy". LOL

They would've been smarter to skip the fancy "Roman oven" and hire a few real Romans instead. The pizza was mediocre and over-priced. They closed within a few months.

Rivo

I'm one of those people whose never tried pineapple on a pizza, but hate the idea. Hell naw. I like my pizza meaty... and cheesy... and fresh... and oh my god im gonna go order a pizza.

Q

Quailfail

Pizza is no where near a favourite food of mine, but it's nice to have once and awhile. My default made pizza has tomato, pork, pineapple, feta, cheddar, multiple kinds of onion, hot peppers, garlic and a stupid amount of oregano.

I've never been to a "Pizzahut" so I have no opinion on them.

B

BenRawlesMusic

I like a thin crust too.

Speaking of "pizzeria in Rome"... reminds me of a pizza place that opened a few years ago. The placed reeked of fake authenticity. They advertised that their oven was made from "real Roman fire bricks imported from Italy". LOL

They would've been smarter to skip the fancy "Roman oven" and hire a few real Romans instead. The pizza was mediocre and over-priced. They closed within a few months.
Absolutely! Funny you should say that because I told the owner of Livin' Italy about his pizza being "as good as Roman pizza" and he immediately denied it saying "It's good, but we don't have a proper Roman fired pizza oven" etc. I guess it's more important to Romans than to the pizza itself huh? Then again, I haven't been able to compare.

If someone out there wants to put two pizzas in front of me 'for science' though... ;)

D

Deleted member 467

What is your favorite pizza?
Do you prefer pizzerias or pizza hut?
What do you think of pineapple on pizza?
Do you make pizzas yourself?
I like buffalo chicken pizza. It's amazing.
I don't care where it comes from, pizza is pizza.
If you put pineapple on pizza I lose a bit of respect for you but will still accept your existence.
I do every now and then when I have food in the house and don't have to eat sleep for dinner.