Asset - Scripts PhyRope - Physics Rope, Chain and Bridge

MusNik

Download: https://marketplace.yoyogames.com/assets/3402/physics-rope-chain-and-bridge

PhyRope system can be used for creating ropes, chains, bridges and other elastic attachable objects. You can apply different textures on it, attach each end of the rope to certain object. You can detach objects, cut the rope, break the chain, destroy the bridge and other stuff.

Demo: Download

Features:
  • Creates a rope object in specified position and direction.
  • Can attach and detach different objects to the ends.
  • Can be cutted in certain position.
  • Can create the bridge if both of attached objects are static.
  • Optimized, clean and commented code.
  • Perfect work on all platforms - Windows, Mac, Linux, Android, iOS and other.
  • Technical support for all who purchased.
  • And even more.
CAN BE USED ONLY WITH BUILT-IN PHYSICS ENGINE (Box2D).

You need intermediate knowledge of GML to use.
It doesn't use surfaces for drawing.
It doesn't use shaders for drawing.

Please write a review if you like the asset and tell me your suggestions for improvement.
If you found an error in my code or my English, please contact me ;)

M

matiascarpello

This system looks great. A query. I need to create a bridge but, yes or if they have to be static objects?

I need that objects have vertical movement.

emanuelsko

I bought this example and I loved it. There is a small adjustment that I would like to help me implement. I sent him an email and he did not respond. It must be that my question did not arrive so I ask it here.

My question is the following:
I wish I could cut the string just by pressing the mouse button without releasing it. To make it equal to the game Cut the rope.

How could I implement?

Sorry my english

MusNik

Hello!

Sorry for the late responce.

You still can use the rope_cut function, just use collision_point or similar for the id argument.

Thank you.

emanuelsko

Hello!

Sorry for the late responce.

You still can use the rope_cut function, just use collision_point or similar for the id argument.

Thank you.
I already found a way to solve my problem. Thank you.

Just one last query.

Is it possible that cutting a rope is completely destroyed?

Last edited: