• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

android apk : jarsigner : unable to sign jar:java.util.zip.ZipException:invalid entry compressedsize

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Teh Teong Jing

I have downloaded all the android sdk platforms and api in full.
Have got the jdk and ndk.
But when i compile my project to apk, it says that :

BUILD SUCCESSFUL
Total time: 1 minute 38 seconds
jarsigner: unable to sign jar: java.util.zip.ZipException: invalid entry compressed size ( expected 3251 bytes but got 3309 bytes )
cmd /c ""\Download\android-sdk_r24.4.1-windows\android-sdk-windows\..\tools\zipalign" -v4 " "D:\Download\android-sdk_r24.4.1-windows\android-sdk-windows\..\tools\zipalign" is not an recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.

How to solve this and get the apk?

J

jackhigh24

you should have your sdk directory at C:\Android\android-sdk also you should be using sdk 23 not 24

T

Teh Teong Jing

The android sdk i have downloaded in Local(D) disk. I have used SDK Manager downloaded all the platforms and APIs in the Local(D) disk. Then the path should be in (D) but not (C) right. And also the SDK path in the SDK manager is the same as the directory folder I have chosen in game maker studio. And yes, i am using sdk 23. The 24.4.1 is just the file name only. I have even use different methods to try by using 32bit and 64 bit JDK and NDK. All methods have been tried but is also the same compile error as the post above. I have no idea on it. How to solve it?

J

jackhigh24

ok it could be the path length then as its says to keep it short, that why we all use the path and directory i put up some shorten it even further, i would install to c with the standard location then make sure path is set to that location, it may or may not work but at least will eliminate it, maybe someone else will pipe in with the exact problem.

P

PlayLight

Yep, keep your SDK, NDK and JDK to the drive which you installed GM:S.
Although this is not a requirement, it is highly recommended to eliminate problems on some machines.
If you're worried about disk space on 'c:\', then only have the following installed in your SDK manager:

GM:S Stable 1.4.1757 ---------------------------------
TOOLS:
Android SDK Tools (rev 25.1.7)
Android SDK Platform-tools (rev 24.0.1)
Android SDK Build-tools (rev 23.0.3)

Android 6.0 (API 23):
Google APIs
SDK Platform-tools

Extras:
Android Support Library (rev23.2.1)
Google Play services (rev 32)
Google Repository (rev 32)
Google Play APK Expansion Library (rev 3)
Google Play Billing Library (rev 5)
Google Play Licensing Library (rev 2)
Google USB Drivers (rev 11)

In Game Maker: Studio, go to Global Game Setting, select the Android Tab and set the following:
Build Tools: 23.0.3
Support Lib: 23.2.1
Target SDK: 23
Min SDK: 9 << or higher if required
Compile SDK: 23
---------------------------------------------------------------

GM:S Early Access 1.99.493+ ----------------------
TOOLS:
Android SDK Build-tools (rev 24.0.1)

Android 7.0 (API 24):
SDK Platform-tools

Android 6.0 (API 23):
Google APIs
SDK Platform-tools

Extras:
Android Support Repository (rev 35)

In Game Maker: Studio, go to Global Game Setting, select the Android Tab and set the following:
Build Tools: 24.0.1
Target SDK: 24
Compile SDK: 24

This is the >current< base SDK install you need to compile to android in GM:S.

If any of your projects include additions to the manifest or native extensions which require older API's, that's the time for installing the additional API requirements and adjusting the GM:S SDK values.
If you're compiling platform specific APK's, that's the time to install the additional API's for the platforms your targeting and adjusting the GM:S SDK values as needed.

Otherwise, best just stick to the base install.

Edit. Updated post to reflect recent sdk updates. No changes in GM:S are required for base install.
Edit: Updated to include GM:S AE 1.99.493 update

Last edited by a moderator:
T

Teh Teong Jing

I have changed the path name shorter to android-sdk. I have copied and moved the sdk , ndk and jdk and also the GMS in both Local(D) and Local (C). And yet still the same compile error.

P

PlayLight

I have changed the path name shorter to android-sdk. I have copied and moved the sdk , ndk and jdk and also the GMS in both Local(D) and Local (C). And yet still the same compile error.
o_O

What do you mean by 'copied and moved' ? you can't copy and move the JDK or GM:S.
Are you sure you've performed each installation correctly?

* Keep all on your main drive.
* Run JDK installation (use it's default installation path, unless you are familiar with editing Environment Variables).
* Run GM:S installation v1.4.1757 (full installation including licensing and modules).
* Extract SDK ( eg. c:\android\sdk\*)
* Extract NDK (eg. c:\android\ndk\*) up to and including r10e without needing further adjustments.
* Go to SDK manager and install the items i listed in the post above.
* Start GM:S, And under Preferences > Android Tab:
- select the SDK location, NDK location and JDK location.
- apply your keystore file and keystore details.
- Set your Build Tools, Support Lib, Target SDK, Min SDK and BuildSDK (as also shown in the post above)
-OPTIONAL but RECOMMENDED- Go to Preferences > General Tab and shorten your Temp Directory and Asset Cache Directory paths (eg. c:\GMtemp\) & (eg. c:\GMtemp\cache\)
- Load your project.
- Compile.

T

Teh Teong Jing

While compiling, it shows:

Cannot open file "C\User\GameMaker\Cache\Project\Android\Default\ .The system cannot open the file specified.

How to solve it?

J

jackhigh24

did you do all the setting that playlight said, he is bang on there and that should work.

also your original question was " How to solve this and get the apk? " but it says your build was successful so that means you got your apk, test it out and see if all works as what you original error was might not matter, i get a lot more wrong with mine than that one thing you listed and it does not effect the app in anyway from what i can tell.

P

PlayLight

Your original error was due to GM:S not being able to find the tools used to sign your APK file.
You mentioned that your GM:S, SDK, NDK and JDR were spread out over two drives and in two separate locations, which would be an absolute headache to help configure over a forum.

While compiling, it shows:

Cannot open file "C\User\GameMaker\Cache\Project\Android\Default\ .The system cannot open the file specified.

How to solve it?
I'm not sure by the above reply if you have performed a fresh install or not, I really do recommend clean up and a fresh install.

If you have already performed the steps i posted in the above post, the new error you are getting is due to you're Asset Cache Directory path.
Check your Asset Cache Directory path and your Temp Directory path. Make sure they are in the correct format (eg. c:\GMtemp\).

T

Teh Teong Jing

Finallyyyy .... after few days of struggle , the problem was solved.

The problem was solved by :
- I have made a full clean install of newest GMS in main drive Local C
- Set up installation of SDK, NDK and JDK all into the main drive Local C
- I have used android ndk r8e now instead of ndk r12b and java jdk 1.7.0_79 instead of others JDK
- I have used both 32-bit NDK and 32-bit JDK for the directory path
- Set up the Web Server Port and the IP address in the global game setting. It is used for compilation later to download the gradle files the first time you used the GMS.
- Download google play services from the marketplace

And finally it was solved and GMS started to download the gradle files while compiling. If there are compile errors when downloading the gradle files that stopped the compilation, then just spam create application and it will continue on downloading the rest. And finally when it have all downloaded, then it will be built successful and create finished. That's all for me. Hope this helps the others. And special thanks to Playlight and Jackhigh who have helped me.Thanks a lot. :):):)

RyanC

Still trying to compile for Android, it's been days on end now, updated to GMS v1.4.1757 becuase my game suddenly failed to test on Android.
So now I'm reading the requiements from here: http://help.yoyogames.com/hc/en-us/articles/216753748-SDK-Version-Support
But they don't say how to get the right NDK

Cannot Find:
Android NDK
Stable/Beta: 10c (I'm running ndk-r10d instead)

Java JDK:
Stable/Beta: 1.7 (32 Bit) (I'm running jdk1.8.0_31 instead) This doesn't even seem to be available anymore!

My Settings:
Build Tools: 23.0.3 also installed and tried 24 as suggested in the above post by YoYo Games.
Min SDK: 9
Compile SDK 23

Result is Build Successful but after the GMS splash screen the app looses focus and on return just says it's connecting to my IP address but nothing ever happens.

Can someone please tell me what I should do to get GMS running properly?
It seams like the apk is finally building ok but will not push to any device!
I've tried changing the port number in Web Server preferences to make it above 51268 but it just reverts to that number.

Last edited:
P

PlayLight

Still trying to compile for Android, it's been days on end now, updated to GMS v1.4.1757 becuase my game suddenly failed to test on Android.
So now I'm reading the requiements from here: http://help.yoyogames.com/hc/en-us/articles/216753748-SDK-Version-Support
But they don't say how to get the right NDK

Cannot Find:
Android NDK
Stable/Beta: 10c (I'm running ndk-r10d instead)

Java JDK:
Stable/Beta: 1.7 (32 Bit) (I'm running jdk1.8.0_31 instead) This doesn't even seem to be available anymore!

My Settings:
Build Tools: 23.0.3 also installed and tried 24 as suggested in the above post by YoYo Games.
Min SDK: 9
Compile SDK 23

Result is Build Successful but after the GMS splash screen the app looses focus and on return just says it's connecting to my IP address but nothing ever happens.

Can someone please tell me what I should do to get GMS running properly?
It seams like the apk is finally building ok but will not push to any device!
I've tried changing the port number in Web Server preferences to make it above 51268 but it just reverts to that number.

Hi RyanC,
As of GM:S 1.4.1749, the old YoYo-Runner has been discontinued and replaced with a new version.
This version uses the projects keystore and GGS details to install an individual Runner for each of your Android projects.
( information on the new Project Runner and how it works can be found here. There is also details on other changes and updates to GM:S)

Now that you have updated GM:S, you will need to perform the following to run via Wi-Fi.
- Remove the old YoYo-Runner application from your device/s.
- For each project, connect your device/s via USB and run your project once to install the new project specific Runner application on the device/s.

After the initial USB run, you will be able to test via Wi-Fi, by selecting the projects conresponding Runner application on the device
( Which will be named: <YourProjectNameHere> (as YoYo Runner) ) then run your project in GM:S.

RyanC

Thanks for all your help PlayLight, I Must be almost there because I added the Android device's IP address to the IP allowed list and now it downloads to 31 percent and then starts GM splash screen, and once again looses focus and nothing! I think the Build tools or NDK must be wrong becuase I've managed to install the apk directly via USB to my Nexus7 tablet and when I run it the same thing happens:
I see the GM splash screen and then black screen for 5 seconds before app looses focus.
here's the apk build info.txt
I tested it with BuildTools 24 & NDK-r10c and seemed to get less errors but still won't download game over 31 percent, here's the new compile log.text for that.

everything looks fine but the Android device only downloads the game to 31 percent, every single time!

I'm running Android Support Repository 35 because I cannot find 34, if that makes any difference! now worked 48 solid hours with only 3 hours sleep to try and fix this!!!!
really starting to loose hope here

Last edited:
P

PlayLight

aah ok, so it crashes on boot with a full compile and install.

Are you familiar with the Dalvik Debug Monitor? (provided in the SDK)

If not you could connect your device via USB and perform a full compile and see what error/s show in the ADB log as the application boots.
You will need to make sure you have "install on Create Application" checked under Preferences >> Android Tab >> SDK.

There's most probably something in your project code (gml or native) which is crashing the application on boot. This would also explain the issue with the runner process.
The ADB log should tell you or at least give you an idea of what's going on.

If you followed the SDK setup in this thread your SDK is set up correctly.
Min SDK: 9 << or higher if required by extensions
The NDK is irrelevant unless you're performing a full compile with Android YYC.
For 1.4.1757 stable use NDK r10c or r10d.
For 1.99.493 EA use NDK r12 or r12b

RyanC

aah ok, so it crashes on boot with a full compile and install.

Are you familiar with the Dalvik Debug Monitor? (provided in the SDK)

If not you could connect your device via USB and perform a full compile and see what error/s show in the ADB log as the application boots.
You will need to make sure you have "install on Create Application" checked under Preferences >> Android Tab >> SDK.

There's most probably something in your project code (gml or native) which is crashing the application on boot. This would also explain the issue with the runner process.
The ADB log should tell you or at least give you an idea of what's going on.

If you followed the SDK setup in this thread your SDK is set up correctly.
Min SDK: 9 << or higher if required by extensions
The NDK is irrelevant unless you're performing a full compile with Android YYC.
For 1.4.1757 stable use NDK r10c or r10d.
For 1.99.493 EA use NDK r12 or r12b
I've checked the log file in the compile window on first push with USB and now all the bugs seem to be fixed, no more warnings or errors, but still exact same result, 31 percent install only!
Just tried to complile a new project with a single room and orange background and sure enough it loaded so must be some settings in my project or some shader or somthing?

How strange, just recompiled and now the log has loads of errors in it: I'm pretty much done man GMS is really broken these days! Just removed all the vectors and sprites and the game loaded!
here is the log file
I've been trying for 51 hours now with next to no sleep, will have to get some rest...

Last edited:
P

PlayLight

I've checked the log file in the compile window on first push with USB and now all the bugs seem to be fixed, no more warnings or errors, but still exact same result, 31 percent install only!
Just tried to complile a new project with a single room and orange background and sure enough it loaded so must be some settings in my project or some shader or somthing?
I meant the ADB log which pops up on a full compile after install. If your device is connected (USB) you'll see it pop up in a cmd prompt.

RyanC

Oh alright, I'm wondering if it's because the game is over 50 mb and I need to use an expansion pack, although I thought it would be fine for testing directly?
When I delete lots of sounds and sprites the game does compile but I have to delete lots of things, so I'm wondering if it's RAM that's crashing the game?

View online - ADB log.txt

Last edited:
P

PlayLight

Oh alright, I'm wondering if it's because the game is over 50 mb and I need to use an expansion pack, although I thought it would be fine for testing directly?
When I delete lots of sounds and sprites the game does compile but I have to delete lots of things, so I'm wondering if it's RAM that's crashing the game?

// this code is a bit long for the forum page so I'm going to move it to a text file very soon...

--------- beginning of /dev/log/system
--------- beginning of /dev/log/main
D/yoyo (26195): found INI file - assets/options.ini
I/yoyo (26195): INI loaded
I/yoyo (26195): RestrictOrientation setting from YYPrefs
I/yoyo (26195): RestrictOrientation("true", "false"true"false")
I/yoyo (26195): Reading GL config option...
I/yoyo (26195): Trying GL2 config...
I/yoyo (26195): Using OpenGL ES 2 renderer
I/yoyo (26195): DemoGLSurfaceView: CREATED
I/yoyo (26195): onStart
I/yoyo (26195): onResume
I/yoyo (26195): chooseConfig
I/yoyo (26195): OpenGL ES Extensions : GL_OES_rgb8_rgba8 GL_OES_EGL_sync GL_O
ES_fbo_render_mipmap GL_NV_depth_nonlinear GL_NV_draw_path GL_NV_texture_npot_2D
_mipmap GL_OES_EGL_image GL_OES_EGL_image_external GL_OES_vertex_half_float GL_O
ES_mapbuffer GL_NV_draw_buffers GL_NV_multiview_draw_buffers GL_EXT_Cg_shader GL
_EXT_packed_float GL_OES_texture_half_float GL_EXT_texture_array GL_OES_compress
ed_ETC1_RGB8_texture GL_EXT_texture_compression_latc GL_NV_texture_compression_l
atc GL_EXT_texture_compression_dxt1 GL_EXT_texture_compression_s3tc GL_NV_textur
e_compression_s3tc GL_EXT_texture_filter_anisotropic GL_NV_get_tex_image GL_NV_r
ead_buffer GL_NV_shader_framebuffer_fetch GL_NV_copy_image GL_NV_fbo_color_attac
hments GL_EXT_bgra GL_EXT_texture_format_BGRA8888 GL_EXT_unpack_subimage GL_NV_p
ack_subimage GL_NV_texture_compression_s3tc_update GL_NV_read_depth GL_NV_read_s
tencil GL_NV_uniform_buffer_object GL_EXT_robustness GL_OES_standard_derivatives
GL_NV_EGL_stream_consumer_external GL_NV_3dvision_settings GL_EXT_debug_marker
GL_EXT_debug_label GL_NV_coverage_sample GL_EXT_occlusion_query_boolean GL_NV_ti
mer_query
I/yoyo (26195): Device supports 32bit display formats
I/yoyo (26195): 16 bit colour depth forced
I/yoyo (26195): Trying EGL config : EGLConfig 8: rgba=5650 depth=16 stencil=8
EGL_ALPHA_MASK_SIZE=8 EGL_BUFFER_SIZE=16 EGL_COLOR_BUFFER_TYPE=12430 EGL_CONFIG
_CAVEAT=0x3038 EGL_LEVEL=0 EGL_LUMINANCE_SIZE=0 EGL_MAX_PBUFFER_WIDTH=2048 EGL_M
AX_PBUFFER_HEIGHT=2048 EGL_MAX_PBUFFER_PIXELS=4194304 EGL_MAX_PBUFFER_HEIGHT=204
8 EGL_MAX_PBUFFER_HEIGHT=2048 EGL_NATIVE_RENDERABLE=0 EGL_NATIVE_VISUAL_TYPE=-1
EGL_RENDERABLE_TYPE=5 EGL_SAMPLE_BUFFERS=0 EGL_SAMPLES=0 EGL_SURFACE_TYPE=3175 E
GL_TRANSPARENT_TYPE=12344 EGL_TRANSPARENT_RED_VALUE=0 EGL_TRANSPARENT_GREEN_VALU
E=0 EGL_TRANSPARENT_BLUE_VALUE=0
I/yoyo (26195): Selected EGL config working
I/yoyo (26195): Renderer instance is gl2.0, framebuffer object is: 0
I/yoyo (26195): APK File Path :: /data/app/com.CalacomGames.SuperDragonDash-1
.apk
I/yoyo (26195): OpenGL ES-2.0 is supported: 131072
I/yoyo (26195): onSurfaceChanged :: width=1280 height=800
I/yoyo (26195): State->Splash
I/yoyo (26195): State->Splash time: 1469716888343
I/yoyo (26195): State->Splash endTime: 1469716888343
I/yoyo (26195): State->Splash2
I/yoyo (26195): RenderSplashCheck1.1
I/yoyo (26195): RenderSplashCheck1.2
I/yoyo (26195): RenderSplashCheck1.3
I/yoyo (26195): RenderSplashCheck1.4
I/yoyo (26195): RenderSplashCheck1.6
I/yoyo (26195): RenderSplashCheck1.7
I/yoyo (26195): onWindowFocusChanged(true|false)
I/yoyo (26195): !!! Asset file - /storage/emulated/0/GMstudio/GameAssetsDROID
.zip true l=1469716876000
I/yoyo (26195): !!! Lock file - /storage/emulated/0/GMstudio/GameDownload.loc
k true l=1469716876000
I/yoyo (26195): GameDownload.lock exists, about to delete...
I/yoyo (26195): After delete flock.exists() returns false
D/yoyo (26195): doSetup called - /storage/emulated/0/GMstudio/GameAssetsDROID
.zip
I/yoyo (26195): checking 1 extensions for ad interface
I/yoyo (26195): BILLING: setupInAppBilling
I/yoyo (26195): Exception thrown trying to call method InitRunnerBilling on G
ooglePlayServicesExtension
I/yoyo (26195): BILLING: Google Play permissions not available, selecting NUL
L billing solution
I/yoyo (26195): -----setup Push------
I/yoyo (26195): GAMEPAD: Bonded Bluetooth devices read
D/yoyo (26195): ****** Found API level 12 function! Joysticks supported
I/yoyo (26195): GAMEPAD: Enumeration complete
I/yoyo (26195): RestrictOrientation setting from YYPrefs
I/yoyo (26195): RestrictOrientation("true", "false"true"false")
W/yoyo (26195): AL lib: (EE) alc_opensl_init: Using OpenSLES
W/yoyo (26195): AL lib: (EE) dlGetIID: dlsymIID :: SL_IID_ENGINE :: 6a38eedc
W/yoyo (26195): AL lib: (EE) dlGetIID: dlsymIID :: SL_IID_ANDROIDSIMPLEBUFFER
QUEUE :: 6a38eeb4
W/yoyo (26195): AL lib: (EE) dlGetIID: dlsymIID :: SL_IID_BUFFERQUEUE :: 6a38
eeb0
W/yoyo (26195): AL lib: (EE) dlGetIID: dlsymIID :: SL_IID_PLAY :: 6a38ee94
W/yoyo (26195): AL lib: (EE) opensl_open_playback: engine->GetInterface 0 --
0x6a37135c
W/yoyo (26195): AL lib: (EE) dlGetIID: dlsymIID :: SL_IID_VOLUME :: 6a38eed4
I/yoyo (26195): android.software.leanback = 0
I/yoyo (26195): MANUFACTURER = asus
I/yoyo (26195): onPause
I/yoyo (26195): Pausing the Runner
I/yoyo (26195): onWindowFocusChanged(false|false)
I/yoyo (26195): onStop
D/AndroidRuntime(27507):
D/AndroidRuntime(27507): >>>>>> AndroidRuntime START com.android.internal.os.Run
timeInit <<<<<<
D/AndroidRuntime(27507): CheckJNI is OFF
D/AndroidRuntime(27507): Calling main entry com.android.commands.pm.Pm
D/AndroidRuntime(27507): Shutting down VM
D/AndroidRuntime(27650):
D/AndroidRuntime(27650): >>>>>> AndroidRuntime START com.android.internal.os.Run
timeInit <<<<<<
D/AndroidRuntime(27650): CheckJNI is OFF
D/AndroidRuntime(27650): Calling main entry com.android.commands.pm.Pm
D/AndroidRuntime(27650): Shutting down VM
D/AndroidRuntime(27707):
D/AndroidRuntime(27707): >>>>>> AndroidRuntime START com.android.internal.os.Run
timeInit <<<<<<
D/AndroidRuntime(27707): CheckJNI is OFF
D/AndroidRuntime(27707): Calling main entry com.android.commands.am.Am
D/AndroidRuntime(27707): Shutting down VM
I/yoyo (27724): onCreate
I/yoyo (27724): #######!!!!!!! Checking for runner! failed
I/yoyo (27724): Found Runner flag in manifest, not using APK expansion
I/yoyo (27724): ###@@@@!!!~~~~###### default orientation - 1
I/yoyo (27724): File Path for INI:: /storage/emulated/0/GMstudio/GameAssetsDR
OID.zip
D/yoyo (27724): found INI file - assets/options.ini
I/yoyo (27724): INI loaded
I/yoyo (27724): @@@@@@@ Build.Display = KTU84P BRAND=google DEVICE=grouper MA
NUFACTURER=asus MODEL=Nexus 7 PRODUCT=nakasi
I/yoyo (27724): @@@@@@@ XPeriaPlay=false manufacturer=false model=false
I/yoyo (27724): Exception thrown trying to call method checkLicensing on Goog
lePlayLicensingAsExt
I/yoyo (27724): !!!!!!! Checking if APK Expansion file required...
I/yoyo (27724): + + + + setupView + + + +
I/yoyo (27724): File Path for INI:: /storage/emulated/0/GMstudio/GameAssetsDR
OID.zip
D/yoyo (27724): found INI file - assets/options.ini
I/yoyo (27724): INI loaded
I/yoyo (27724): RestrictOrientation setting from YYPrefs
I/yoyo (27724): RestrictOrientation("true", "false"true"false")
I/yoyo (27724): Reading GL config option...
I/yoyo (27724): Trying GL2 config...
I/yoyo (27724): Using OpenGL ES 2 renderer
I/yoyo (27724): DemoGLSurfaceView: CREATED
I/yoyo (27724): onStart
I/yoyo (27724): onResume
I/yoyo (27724): chooseConfig
I/yoyo (27724): OpenGL ES Extensions : GL_OES_rgb8_rgba8 GL_OES_EGL_sync GL_O
ES_fbo_render_mipmap GL_NV_depth_nonlinear GL_NV_draw_path GL_NV_texture_npot_2D
_mipmap GL_OES_EGL_image GL_OES_EGL_image_external GL_OES_vertex_half_float GL_O
ES_mapbuffer GL_NV_draw_buffers GL_NV_multiview_draw_buffers GL_EXT_Cg_shader GL
_EXT_packed_float GL_OES_texture_half_float GL_EXT_texture_array GL_OES_compress
ed_ETC1_RGB8_texture GL_EXT_texture_compression_latc GL_NV_texture_compression_l
atc GL_EXT_texture_compression_dxt1 GL_EXT_texture_compression_s3tc GL_NV_textur
e_compression_s3tc GL_EXT_texture_filter_anisotropic GL_NV_get_tex_image GL_NV_r
ead_buffer GL_NV_shader_framebuffer_fetch GL_NV_copy_image GL_NV_fbo_color_attac
hments GL_EXT_bgra GL_EXT_texture_format_BGRA8888 GL_EXT_unpack_subimage GL_NV_p
ack_subimage GL_NV_texture_compression_s3tc_update GL_NV_read_depth GL_NV_read_s
tencil GL_NV_uniform_buffer_object GL_EXT_robustness GL_OES_standard_derivatives
GL_NV_EGL_stream_consumer_external GL_NV_3dvision_settings GL_EXT_debug_marker
GL_EXT_debug_label GL_NV_coverage_sample GL_EXT_occlusion_query_boolean GL_NV_ti
mer_query
I/yoyo (27724): Device supports 32bit display formats
I/yoyo (27724): 16 bit colour depth forced
I/yoyo (27724): Trying EGL config : EGLConfig 8: rgba=5650 depth=16 stencil=8
EGL_ALPHA_MASK_SIZE=8 EGL_BUFFER_SIZE=16 EGL_COLOR_BUFFER_TYPE=12430 EGL_CONFIG
_CAVEAT=0x3038 EGL_LEVEL=0 EGL_LUMINANCE_SIZE=0 EGL_MAX_PBUFFER_WIDTH=2048 EGL_M
AX_PBUFFER_HEIGHT=2048 EGL_MAX_PBUFFER_PIXELS=4194304 EGL_MAX_PBUFFER_HEIGHT=204
8 EGL_MAX_PBUFFER_HEIGHT=2048 EGL_NATIVE_RENDERABLE=0 EGL_NATIVE_VISUAL_TYPE=-1
EGL_RENDERABLE_TYPE=5 EGL_SAMPLE_BUFFERS=0 EGL_SAMPLES=0 EGL_SURFACE_TYPE=3175 E
GL_TRANSPARENT_TYPE=12344 EGL_TRANSPARENT_RED_VALUE=0 EGL_TRANSPARENT_GREEN_VALU
E=0 EGL_TRANSPARENT_BLUE_VALUE=0
I/yoyo (27724): Selected EGL config working
I/yoyo (27724): Renderer instance is gl2.0, framebuffer object is: 0
I/yoyo (27724): APK File Path :: /data/app/com.CalacomGames.SuperDragonDash-1
.apk
I/yoyo (27724): OpenGL ES-2.0 is supported: 131072
I/yoyo (27724): onWindowFocusChanged(true|false)
I/yoyo (27724): onSurfaceChanged :: width=1280 height=800
I/yoyo (27724): State->Splash
I/yoyo (27724): State->Splash time: 1469717517056
I/yoyo (27724): State->Splash endTime: 1469717517056
I/yoyo (27724): State->Splash2
I/yoyo (27724): RenderSplashCheck1.1
I/yoyo (27724): RenderSplashCheck1.2
I/yoyo (27724): RenderSplashCheck1.3
I/yoyo (27724): RenderSplashCheck1.4
I/yoyo (27724): RenderSplashCheck1.6
I/yoyo (27724): RenderSplashCheck1.7
I/yoyo (27724): !!! Asset file - /storage/emulated/0/GMstudio/GameAssetsDROID
.zip true l=1469717484000
I/yoyo (27724): !!! Lock file - /storage/emulated/0/GMstudio/GameDownload.loc
k true l=1469717484000
I/yoyo (27724): GameDownload.lock exists, about to delete...
I/yoyo (27724): After delete flock.exists() returns false
D/yoyo (27724): doSetup called - /storage/emulated/0/GMstudio/GameAssetsDROID
.zip
I/yoyo (27724): checking 1 extensions for ad interface
I/yoyo (27724): BILLING: setupInAppBilling
I/yoyo (27724): Exception thrown trying to call method InitRunnerBilling on G
ooglePlayServicesExtension
I/yoyo (27724): BILLING: Google Play permissions not available, selecting NUL
L billing solution
I/yoyo (27724): -----setup Push------
I/yoyo (27724): GAMEPAD: Bonded Bluetooth devices read
D/yoyo (27724): ****** Found API level 12 function! Joysticks supported
I/yoyo (27724): GAMEPAD: Enumeration complete
I/yoyo (27724): RestrictOrientation setting from YYPrefs
I/yoyo (27724): RestrictOrientation("true", "false"true"false")

// this code is a bit long for the forum page so I'm going to move it to a text file very soon...

50mb is absolutely fine. Did you want to PM or email me your project?
I am heading out of town in the next hour for a conference but will be back tomorrow.
I'll pm you my personal email, If you're happy for me to look over it and find the issue/s I'm more than happy to tomorrow afternoon.
If not i will try to help some more on this thread when i get back if it hasn't already been sorted.

Edit:
FYI: if you have paid extensions in your project, please remove them before you send anything through and just provide a list of these extension.

RyanC

Thanks mate, hey I've been doing some testing and it seems to be a memory issue or wifi bandwidth perhaps.
Using Google Nexus7, 1st Gen, 2012. Quad-core 1.2 GHz, (1G RAM but only 500 available due to operating system perhaps) I specifically picked that one for testing with the idea that if it runs on this then it should run on anything.

So basically if I delete all 17 groups of backgrounds sprites total about 12MB) and just test with a single background it works.
What does this mean though, should I be loading the sprites from an expansion pack instead, as and when they're required? because trying to load them all at once with the apk just crashes the game instantly. They aren't even being drawn in the first room because that's the map room.

Last edited:

jazzzar

Although this is not a requirement, it is highly recommended to eliminate problems on some machines.
If you're worried about disk space on 'c:\', then only have the following installed in your SDK manager:

TOOLS:

Android 6.0 (API 23):
Google APIs
SDK Platform-tools

Extras:

TOOLS:

Android 7.0 (API 24):
SDK Platform-tools

Android 6.0 (API 23):
Google APIs
SDK Platform-tools

Extras:

If any of your projects include additions to the manifest or native extensions which require older API's, that's the time for installing the additional API requirements and adjusting the GM:S SDK values.
If you're compiling platform specific APK's, that's the time to install the additional API's for the platforms your targeting and adjusting the GM:S SDK values as needed.

Edit. Updated post to reflect recent sdk updates. No changes in GM:S are required for base install.
i'm having this error while trying to compile for android with the EA version i downloaded the exact things you mentioned and put the settings in global game settings to no avail, and btw i'm not having any problems compiling with the stable version what so ever , this is the error
FAILURE: Build failed with an exception.

* What went wrong:
Execution failed for task ':library:compileReleaseJavaWithJavac'.
> Compilation failed; see the compiler error output for details.

* Try:
Run with --stacktrace option to get the stack trace. Run with --info or --debug option to get more log output.

BUILD FAILED
----------------------
i know it's gradle related because it happens after this :
cmd /c "subst Z: "C:\Users\reda\Documents\GameMaker\Cache\androidproject\Android\Default" && Z: && cd \com.blacklight.darkestdreams && "C:\Users\reda\AppData\Roaming\GameMaker-Studio-Early-Access\Android\runner\gradle\gradlew" build -x assembleDebug "

:com.blacklight.darkestdreams:preBuild UP-TO-DATE
:com.blacklight.darkestdreams:preReleaseBuild UP-TO-DATE
:com.blacklight.darkestdreams:checkReleaseManifest
:com.blacklight.darkestdreams:preDebugAndroidTestBuild UP-TO-DATE
:com.blacklight.darkestdreams:preDebugBuild UP-TO-DATE
:library:preBuild UP-TO-DATE
:library:preReleaseBuild UP-TO-DATE
:library:compileReleaseNdk UP-TO-DATE
:library:compileLint
:library:copyReleaseLint UP-TO-DATE
:library:mergeReleaseProguardFiles UP-TO-DATE
:library:packageReleaseRenderscript UP-TO-DATE
:library:checkReleaseManifest
:library:prepareReleaseDependencies
:library:compileReleaseRenderscript UP-TO-DATE
:library:generateReleaseResValues UP-TO-DATE
:library:generateReleaseResources UP-TO-DATE
:library:packageReleaseResources UP-TO-DATE
:library:compileReleaseAidl UP-TO-DATE
:library:generateReleaseBuildConfig UP-TO-DATE
:library:generateReleaseAssets UP-TO-DATE
:library:mergeReleaseAssets UP-TO-DATE
:library:processReleaseManifest
:library:processReleaseResources
:library:generateReleaseSources
:library:compileReleaseJavaWithJavacZ:\library\src\com\google\android\vending\licensing\APKExpansionPolicy.java:20: error: package org.apache.http does not exist
import org.apache.http.NameValuePair;
^
Z:\library\src\com\google\android\vending\licensing\APKExpansionPolicy.java:21: error: package org.apache.http.client.utils does not exist
import org.apache.http.client.utils.URLEncodedUtils;
^
Z:\library\src\com\google\android\vending\licensing\ServerManagedPolicy.java:19: error: package org.apache.http does not exist
^
Z:\library\src\com\google\android\vending\licensing\ServerManagedPolicy.java:20: error: package org.apache.http.client.utils does not exist
^
Z:\library\src\com\google\android\vending\licensing\APKExpansionPolicy.java:382: error: cannot find symbol
List<NameValuePair> extraList = URLEncodedUtils.parse(rawExtras, "UTF-8");
^
symbol: class NameValuePair
Z:\library\src\com\google\android\vending\licensing\APKExpansionPolicy.java:382: error: cannot find symbol
^
symbol: variable URLEncodedUtils
Z:\library\src\com\google\android\vending\licensing\APKExpansionPolicy.java:383: error: cannot find symbol
for (NameValuePair item : extraList) {
^
Z:\library\src\com\google\android\vending\licensing\ServerManagedPolicy.java:266: error: cannot find symbol
^
Z:\library\src\com\google\android\vending\licensing\ServerManagedPolicy.java:266: error: cannot find symbol
^
Z:\library\src\com\google\android\vending\licensing\ServerManagedPolicy.java:267: error: cannot find symbol
^
Note: Z:\library\src\com\google\android\vending\licensing\LicenseChecker.java uses or overrides a deprecated API.
Note: Recompile with -Xlint:deprecation for details.
10 errors

------------------------------
Any help is greatly appreciated

P

PlayLight

i'm having this error while trying to compile for android with the EA version i downloaded the exact things you mentioned and put the settings in global game settings to no avail, and btw i'm not having any problems compiling with the stable version what so ever , this is the error

* What went wrong:
Execution failed for task ':library:compileReleaseJavaWithJavac'.
> Compilation failed; see the compiler error output for details.

* Try:
Run with --stacktrace option to get the stack trace. Run with --info or --debug option to get more log output.

BUILD FAILED
----------------------
i know it's gradle related because it happens after this :
cmd /c "subst Z: "C:\Users\reda\Documents\GameMaker\Cache\androidproject\Android\Default" && Z: && cd \com.blacklight.darkestdreams && "C:\Users\reda\AppData\Roaming\GameMaker-Studio-Early-Access\Android\runner\gradle\gradlew" build -x assembleDebug "

:com.blacklight.darkestdreams:preBuild UP-TO-DATE
:com.blacklight.darkestdreams:preReleaseBuild UP-TO-DATE
:com.blacklight.darkestdreams:checkReleaseManifest
:com.blacklight.darkestdreams:preDebugAndroidTestBuild UP-TO-DATE
:com.blacklight.darkestdreams:preDebugBuild UP-TO-DATE
:library:preBuild UP-TO-DATE
:library:preReleaseBuild UP-TO-DATE
:library:compileReleaseNdk UP-TO-DATE
:library:compileLint
:library:copyReleaseLint UP-TO-DATE
:library:mergeReleaseProguardFiles UP-TO-DATE
:library:packageReleaseRenderscript UP-TO-DATE
:library:checkReleaseManifest
:library:prepareReleaseDependencies
:library:compileReleaseRenderscript UP-TO-DATE
:library:generateReleaseResValues UP-TO-DATE
:library:generateReleaseResources UP-TO-DATE
:library:packageReleaseResources UP-TO-DATE
:library:compileReleaseAidl UP-TO-DATE
:library:generateReleaseBuildConfig UP-TO-DATE
:library:generateReleaseAssets UP-TO-DATE
:library:mergeReleaseAssets UP-TO-DATE
:library:processReleaseManifest
:library:processReleaseResources
:library:generateReleaseSources
:library:compileReleaseJavaWithJavacZ:\library\src\com\google\android\vending\licensing\APKExpansionPolicy.java:20: error: package org.apache.http does not exist
^
Z:\library\src\com\google\android\vending\licensing\APKExpansionPolicy.java:21: error: package org.apache.http.client.utils does not exist
^
Z:\library\src\com\google\android\vending\licensing\ServerManagedPolicy.java:19: error: package org.apache.http does not exist
^
Z:\library\src\com\google\android\vending\licensing\ServerManagedPolicy.java:20: error: package org.apache.http.client.utils does not exist
^
^
^
Z:\library\src\com\google\android\vending\licensing\APKExpansionPolicy.java:383: error: cannot find symbol
^
^
^
Z:\library\src\com\google\android\vending\licensing\ServerManagedPolicy.java:267: error: cannot find symbol
^
Note: Z:\library\src\com\google\android\vending\licensing\LicenseChecker.java uses or overrides a deprecated API.
Note: Recompile with -Xlint:deprecation for details.
10 errors

------------------------------
Any help is greatly appreciated
Hey jazzzar,

see my post on THIS thread to amend the GooglePlay Licensing Extension.

jazzzar

Hey jazzzar,

see my post on THIS thread to amend the GooglePlay Licensing Extension.
MY GOD, man thanks so much, how did you know how to solve this :p thanks so much it worked like magic, it downloaded some things and now it's fully working, can't believe it was that easy

P

PlayLight

MY GOD, man thanks so much, how did you know how to solve this :p thanks so much it worked like magic, it downloaded some things and now it's fully working, can't believe it was that easy
Just a small adjustment needed for Early Access.
Glad you got it working.

J

JDSTIGER

TOOLS:

Android 6.0 (API 23):
Google APIs
SDK Platform-tools

Extras:

TOOLS:

Android 7.0 (API 24):
SDK Platform-tools

Android 6.0 (API 23):
Google APIs
SDK Platform-tools

Extras:

I did all of this but I still get this error:
Code:

* What went wrong:
A problem occurred configuring project ':com.companyname.borw'.
> failed to find Build Tools revision 23.0.3

* Try:

BUILD FAILED

J

jackhigh24

@JDSTIGER you need to look in your sdk manager and at the top you will see tools, look at all the one in that section you will have a few called Android SDK Build-tools, make sure you have 23.0.3 as you compile log says you have not got it.

J

JDSTIGER

@JDSTIGER you need to look in your sdk manager and at the top you will see tools, look at all the one in that section you will have a few called Android SDK Build-tools, make sure you have 23.0.3 as you compile log says you have not got it.

J

jackhigh24

that's odd, it is there, i wonder if you need the other version from before it as well, the 23.0.2 and the 23.0.1, youmight have them if not try adding them, but i also see you dont have Android SDK Build-tools 24.0.1 and last time i looked, my compile used that even though its not set to that in global game settings so i would get that in your sdk

P

PlayLight

Make sure you are running EA 1.99.493 or Stable v1.4.1757, have API23 installed in the SDK manager and your GM:S SDK location is set to the SDK root directory.
Remove build-tools 2.0.3 and redownload/install it if needed.
Other than the above, we would really need more information on your SDK packages and GM:S Android settings.

J

jackhigh24

here's something else as well, just read back through all this topic and spotted you said the game is called android-sdk_r24.4.1-windows, now i not fully sure on this but i was under the impression you cant use - in file names and you have 2 of those in that, plus im not sure about the dots as well, why dont you give it a normal name like androidtest1.

Nono

I already have installed version 1.99.505 but to create the APK with one of my games I get this error. PLEASE HELP!!

* What went wrong:
A problem occurred configuring project ': com.PCNONOGames.FLAPPYTRATOR'.
> A problem occurred configuring project ': library'.
> Could not resolve all dependencies for configuration ': library: _debugCompile'.
> Could not find org.jbundle.util.osgi.wrapped: eek: rg.jbundle.util.osgi.wrapped.org.apache.http.client.
Searched in the following locations:
https://jcenter.bintray.com/org/jbu....util.osgi.wrapped.org.apache.http.client.pom
https://jcenter.bintray.com/org/jbu...osgi.wrapped.org.apache.http.client-4.1.2.jar
file:/C:/android-sdk/extras/android/m2repository/org/jbundle/util/osgi/wrapped/eek/rg.jbundle.util.osgi.wrapped.org.apache.http.client/eek-rg.jbundle.util.osgi.wrapped.org.apache.http.client.pom
file:/C:/android-sdk/extras/android/m2repository/org/jbundle/util/osgi/wrapped/eek/rg.jbundle.util.osgi.wrapped.org.apache.http.client/eek-rg.jbundle.util.osgi.wrapped.org.apache.http.client-4.1.2.jar
file:/C:/android-sdk/extras/google/m2repository/org/jbundle/util/osgi/wrapped/eek/rg.jbundle.util.osgi.wrapped.org.apache.http.client/eek-rg.jbundle.util.osgi.wrapped.org.apache.http.client.pom
file:/C:/android-sdk/extras/google/m2repository/org/jbundle/util/osgi/wrapped/eek/rg.jbundle.util.osgi.wrapped.org.apache.http.client/eek-rg.jbundle.util.osgi.wrapped.org.apache.http.client-4.1.2.jar
Required by:
: Library: unspecified

F

fluffy

hi
i have a problem with my android pro:

* What went wrong:
A problem occurred configuring project ':com.companyname.Project1'.
> failed to find target with hash string 'android-23' in: C:\Android\sdk\New folder

* Try:

BUILD FAILED
I Dont know what to do.the target is android/Fire and the version of my gms is 1.4.1760.

Evanski

Raccoon Lord
Forum Staff
To avoid future necro bump of a topic that's 7 years old
and as Android building and requirements have changed since then
I am locking this topic

If you are having issues please make your own topic, thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.