• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Android "Cannot open file" error every time I try to run my game in Android! :/

J

Jeshuakrc

Hi Guys! I've never worked with Android before. I set up all correctly in my PC, in GameMaker and my device, I was ready to compile, and then... this window cames up:

(The system can't find the path specifyed)

I've resharched a lot, have tried everything to sove the problem, but nothing. As I undertand the error, isn't actualy because of a path finding fail, it's a bug of GameMaker, the fail is in another place, but GameMaker just... drops the "Cannot open file message", have also noticed that I am not the only person who has the same problem, but the other people have solved it, I followed the same steps of several posts, and the error stays.

So, I have correctly installed SDK, NDK and JDK and acepted by GameMaker. I was trying with a Samsun tablet (Galaxy Tab 4 7.0), and changed the device for an Huawei P8, the error stays. Have read in a thread that lots of people solved it by installing "vcredist_x64.exe" from Microsoft, the error stays. So, I downloaded the Android 2.2 and 2.1 SDK versions as Shaun Spalding recommends in his tutorial, still apering the window; have allready installed SDK 3.2, 7.1 and 4.2 (my device). Checked if the directory does exist, and it does. Changed the cache directory, and still. Created a non-code new project with a room and an object to check if was and code mistake, still. Checked all drivers installed, and checked the adb state in cmd, it shows "device". Noticed also that, if there is not device, the game looks like compile well and the server window apears, but if there is a device connected, the error happens; but have checked, as I said if it was a device problem trying with other, the same outcome.

Well... I ran out of ideas... can't figure out the answer, for that reason I post here. So, please, guys, any help would be awesome.

This is the console text:

Code:
Compile started: 11:57:28 p.m.
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Startilla_V3cristiano_pankara\GMAssetCompiler.exe" /fU="C:\Users\Jeshua\Google Drive\SDLGameMaker _v\Prototipos\temp\gm_ttt_19010\a60827.txt" /c /m=android /studio  /config="Default" /tgt=8 /obob=True /obpp=False /obru=True /obes=False /i=3 /cvm /tp=1024 /mv=1 /iv=0 /rv=0 /bv=1749 /gn="Project1" /td="C:\Users\Jeshua\Google Drive\SDLGameMaker _v\Prototipos\temp" /cd="C:\Users\Jeshua\Documents\GameMaker\Cache" /sh=True /dbgp="6502" /hip="127.0.0.1" /hprt="51268" /o="C:\Users\Jeshua\Google Drive\SDLGameMaker _v\Prototipos\temp\gm_ttt_19010\Project1" /optionsini="C:\Users\Jeshua\Google Drive\SDLGameMaker _v\Prototipos\temp\gm_ttt_19010\gm_ttt_91847\Project1.ini"   "C:\Users\Jeshua\Documents\GameMaker\Projects\Project1.gmx\Project1.project.gmx"

Reading project file....finished.
Compile Constants...finished.
Remove DnD...finished.
Compile Scripts...finished.
Compile Objects...finished.
Compile Timelines...finished.
Compile Triggers...finished.
Compile Rooms...finished.
Compile Extensions...finished.
Final Compile...finished.
Saving IFF file... C:\Users\Jeshua\Google Drive\SDLGameMaker _v\Prototipos\temp\gm_ttt_19010\Project1\Project1.zip
Writing Chunk... GEN8
Writing Chunk... OPTN
Writing Chunk... EXTN
Writing Chunk... SOND
Writing Chunk... AGRP
Writing Chunk... SPRT
Writing Chunk... BGND
Writing Chunk... PATH
Writing Chunk... SCPT
Writing Chunk... SHDR
Writing Chunk... FONT
Writing Chunk... TMLN
Writing Chunk... OBJT
Writing Chunk... ROOM
Writing Chunk... DAFL
Writing Chunk... TPAGE
Writing Chunk... CODE
Writing Chunk... VARI
Writing Chunk... FUNC
Writing Chunk... STRG
Writing Chunk... TXTR
0 Compressing texture... writing texture texture_0.png...
Writing Chunk... AUDO
Writing Chunk... SCPT
Writing Chunk... DBGI
Writing Chunk... INST
Writing Chunk... LOCL
Writing Chunk... STRG
Stats : GMA : Elapsed=2791.1596
Stats : GMA : sp=1,au=0,bk=0,pt=0,sc=0,sh=0,fo=0,tl=0,ob=1,ro=1,da=0,ex=0,ma=1,fm=0x0
"C:\Users\Jeshua\AppData\Local\Android\sdk\platform-tools\adb" get-state

* daemon not running. starting it now on port 5037 *
* daemon started successfully *
device
"C:\Users\Jeshua\AppData\Local\Android\sdk\platform-tools\adb" shell echo $INTERNAL_STORAGE

"C:\Users\Jeshua\AppData\Local\Android\sdk\platform-tools\adb" shell echo $EXTERNAL_STORAGE

/sdcard "C:\Users\Jeshua\AppData\Local\Android\sdk\platform-tools\adb" get-state

device
"C:\Users\Jeshua\AppData\Local\Android\sdk\platform-tools\adb" shell echo $INTERNAL_STORAGE

"C:\Users\Jeshua\AppData\Local\Android\sdk\platform-tools\adb" shell echo $EXTERNAL_STORAGE

/sdcard "C:\Users\Jeshua\AppData\Local\Android\sdk\platform-tools\adb" shell mkdir -p "/sdcard/GMstudio"

"C:\Users\Jeshua\AppData\Local\Android\sdk\platform-tools\adb" shell rm -f "/sdcard/GMstudio/options.ini"

"C:\Users\Jeshua\AppData\Local\Android\sdk\platform-tools\adb" push "C:\Users\Jeshua\Google Drive\SDLGameMaker _v\Prototipos\temp\gm_ttt_19010\Project1\\GameAssetsDROID.zip" /sdcard/GMstudio/GameAssetsDROID.zip

[100%] /sdcard/GMstudio/GameAssetsDROID.zip
"C:\Users\Jeshua\AppData\Local\Android\sdk\platform-tools\adb" push "C:\Users\Jeshua\Google Drive\SDLGameMaker _v\Prototipos\temp\gm_ttt_19010\Project1\\GameDownload.lock" /sdcard/GMstudio/GameDownload.lock

[100%] /sdcard/GMstudio/GameDownload.lock
"C:\Users\Jeshua\AppData\Local\Android\sdk\platform-tools\adb"  shell cat /system/build.prop

# begin build properties # autogenerated by buildinfo.sh ro.build.id=MRA58K ro.build.version.incremental=eng.jenkins.20160419.042955 ro.build.version.sdk=23 ro.build.version.preview_sdk=0 ro.build.version.codename=REL ro.build.version.all_codenames=REL ro.build.version.release=6.0 ro.build.version.security_patch=2016-04-01 ro.build.version.base_os= ro.build.date=Tue Apr 19 04:35:52 CST 2016 ro.build.date.utc=1461011752 ro.build.type=user ro.build.flavor=hi6210sft-user ro.product.model=hi6210sft ro.product.brand=hi6210sft ro.product.name=hi6210sft ro.product.device=hi6210sft ro.product.board=BalongV8R1SFT # ro.product.cpu.abi and ro.product.cpu.abi2 are obsolete, # use ro.product.cpu.abilist instead. ro.product.cpu.abi=arm64-v8a ro.product.cpu.abilist=arm64-v8a,armeabi-v7a,armeabi ro.product.cpu.abilist32=armeabi-v7a,armeabi ro.product.cpu.abilist64=arm64-v8a ro.product.manufacturer=HUAWEI ro.product.locale=en-US ro.wifi.channels= ro.board.platform=hi6210sft # ro.build.product is obsolete; use ro.product.device ro.build.product=hi6210sft # Do not try to parse description, fingerprint, or thumbprint ro.build.description=hi6210sft-user 6.0 MRA58K eng.jenkins.20160419.042955 test-keys ro.build.fingerprint=hi6210sft/hi6210sft/hi6210sft:6.0/MRA58K/jenkins04190435:user/test-keys ro.build.characteristics=nosdcard ro.build.hide=false ro.build.nohota=false # end build properties  # begin huawei emui properties # autogenerated by build_emui_info.sh ro.build.hw_emui_api_level=9 # end huawei emui properties  # # from device/hisi/hi6210sft/system.prop # dalvik.vm.heapsize=512m ro.opengles.version=131072 debug.hwui.render_dirty_regions=false ro.balong_debug.port_num=7 ro.sf.lcd_density=320 hw.lcd.density=320 dalvik.vm.checkjni=false persist.sys.strictmode.disable=true ro.product.platform.pseudonym=1ARB9CV ro.hwui.texture_cache_size=72 ro.hwui.texture_cache_flushrate=0.4 ro.hwui.layer_cache_size=48 ro.hwui.path_cache_size=32 ro.hwui.shape_cache_size=2 ro.hwui.drop_shadow_cache_size=6 ro.hwui.gradient_cache_size=1 ro.hwui.text_large_cache_height=1024 ro.hwui.text_large_cache_width=2048 ro.hwui.text_small_cache_height=1024 ro.hwui.text_small_cache_width=1024 ro.hwui.r_buffer_cache_size=8 ro.sys.umsdirtyratio=2 ro.config.hw_navigationbar=true persist.fw.force_adoptable=true ro.config.hw_music_lp=true ro.magic.api.version=0.1 keyguard.no_require_sim=true bastet.service.enable=true ro.config.hw_emerg=on ro.bt.bdaddr_path=/data/misc/bluedroid/macbt persist.sys.jankenable=true ro.product.platform=hi6210sft  # # ADDITIONAL_BUILD_PROPERTIES # ro.config.ringtone=Huawei_Tune.ogg ro.config.notification_sound=Bongo.ogg ro.carrier=unknown ro.config.alarm_alert=Creamy.ogg ro.setupwizard.mode=OPTIONAL ro.com.google.gmsversion=6.0_r2 persist.sys.dalvik.vm.lib.2=libart dalvik.vm.isa.arm64.variant=generic dalvik.vm.isa.arm64.features=default dalvik.vm.isa.arm.variant=cortex-a15 dalvik.vm.isa.arm.features=default net.bt.name=Android dalvik.vm.stack-trace-file=/data/anr/traces.txt ro.expect.recovery_id=  ro.config.fm_type=libbcmfm_if   persist.radio.apm_sim_not_pwdn=1 persist.service.tm2.tofile=true persist.sys.dualcards=true ril.hw_modem0.rssi=-1 ril.hw_modem1.rssi=-1 ro.cellbroadcast.emergencyids=0-65534 ro.config.delay_send_signal=true ro.config.hw_accesscontrol=true ro.config.hw_disable_cops=true ro.config.hw_useCtrlSocket=true ro.config.updatelocation=true ro.networkstatus.delaytimer=20 ro.ril.ecclist=112,911,#911,*911 ro.check.modem_network=true ro.config.ipv4.mtu=1400 gsm.fastdormancy.mode=3 ro.config.hw_hotswap_on=false ro.config.hw_directly_callfdn=true    ro.mmi.hall_sensor_test=false ro.mmi.nfc_test=false ro.mmi.touch_screen_rows=24 ro.mmi.touch_screen_columns=14 ro.mmi.support_camera_otp=true ro.mmi.support_slave_camera_otp=true ro.mmi.otg_test=false ro.mmi.electric_test=false ro.mmi.smartPA_test=true      ro.config.hw_showTestInfo=true  ro.config.app_big_icon_size=120 ro.config.launcher_matchcard=0  ro.config.hwft_PinPukUnlockscr=true  ro.config.bg_call_twinking=true ro.config.carkitmodenotif=true ro.config.protocol_errors=false ro.config.hw_sim2airplane=true ro.config.support_ca=false  modify_ram_show=true ro.config.colorTemperature_K3=true ro.config.hw_glovemode_enabled=1 ro.config.readBtAddress=true ro.config.show2846=true  ro.config.hw_gps_power_track=true ro.config.hw_smartcardservice=true ro.config.hw_subtitle_support=true ro.config.hw_support_geofence=true ro.config.hw_touchplus_enabled=true ro.dual.sim.phone=true ro.hwcamera.previeweffects=true ro.camera.beauty.algo.doc=1 ro.config.virtual_hd_voice=true  ro.config.signalplus.xpass=true  ro.systemui.debug=true ro.config.fp_navigation=true ro.config.conn_diagnose=true  ro.cust.cdrom=/system/cdrom/autorun.iso  sys.refresh.dirty=1 ro.hwcamera.use.videosize.1080p=true  ro.config.ringtone2=Hello_Ya.ogg   qemu.hw.mainkeys=0 ro.config.pre_apn_NotDel=true ro.config.isSLEntitleSet=true ro.config.hw_alterMime_type=1 ro.build.hw_emui_lite.enable=true ro.huawei.dev_version=false persist.sys.pgps.config=0 audioril.lib=libhuawei-audio-ril.so media.stagefright.use-awesome=false ro.config.hw_dts=true ro.config.widevine_level3=true drm.service.enabled=true ro.config.amrwb_disable=true ro.config.vc_call_vol_steps=6 ro.config.hw_media_flags=3 ro.media.NxpSmartPACurve=ALE_1203:1,-49.5:33,-33.5:66,-17:100,0.0:-15: fw.show_multiuserui=0 fw.max_users=1   ro.config.hw_allow_ums_and_mtp=true ro.config.incall_notify_mms=true ro.config.huawei_smallwindow= ro.config.multi_task_enable=true ro.config.avoidScreenFlash=true ro.com.android.mobiledata=true  ro.build.hide.matchers=Mali-400 MP;Mali-450 MP;ARM;Honor; ro.build.hide.replacements=unknown;unknown;unknown;unknown; ro.build.hide.settings=4;1.2 GHz;1.0GB;405 MB;4.00 GB;540 x 960;4.3;3.0.8;2.0 ro.config.hw_sdInstall_enable=true dalvik.vm.heaptargetutilization=0.75 dalvik.vm.heapmaxfree=8m dalvik.vm.heapgrowthlimit=192m dalvik.vm.heapminfree=2m dalvik.vm.heapstartsize=8m    ro.build.tags=release-keys  ro.build.user=android  ro.build.host=localhost#1  ro.build.version.emui=EmotionUI_4.0  ro.build.hw_real.version=C900B524  ro.confg.hw_systemversion=C900B524_SYSTEM  ro.confg.hw_fastbootversion=C900B524_FASTBOOT  ro.confg.hw_bootversion=C900B524_BOOT  ro.build.display.id=BalongC52B311 FastCreate started: 11:57:45 p.m.
I'm in GameMaker: Studio 1.4.1749, Windows 7 x64

Thanks!

J

Jeshuakrc

Is there any reason why you are using such an old version of GM:S?
Well... I wouldn't say it is such an old version... what's the laat one, 1.4.1760? The problem has been fixed in newer versions?
I didn't know I was in a such old one, I'm updating it

rIKmAN

Well... I wouldn't say it is such an old version... what's the laat one, 1.4.1760? The problem has been fixed in newer versions?
I didn't know I was in a such old one, I'm updating it
The very latest one is EA 1.99.533
The latest non-EA version is 1.4.1763

Your version 1.4.1749 was released 24/2/2016 over 1yr ago (14mths), so yeah it's safe to say there have been fixes and improvements since then lol!

I would recommend upgrading to the latest version of GMS.
Follow this Setup Guide and use the SDK Versions Article to make sure you are installing the correct SDK versions.
Once done, try and compile an empty room project to your device.

Let us know how it goes! :)

T

TheJJGamer

I'm sorry if I'm necro-posting, but has anybody solved this error yet? Did upgrading GM:S solve it? I can't find any information on how to fix this anywhere.

R

Rashmitha

I know why this happens....
it says it can't open the file...
why? because it isn't compiling the file...their isn't the file where it must be.it seems a bug

I'm also searched for an issue for this problem.
somes say this happening because latest android NDK version isn't compatible with YGM.
as they say, i downloaded NDK-r10c
I tried that way, but it won't work......
So isn't there any way to fix this error without using older NDK versions.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello good afternoon, I have the same problem and I think it appears by a virtual machine, in my case it appears when I compile from a virtual machine, I use a mac and it shows the same thing to me: C