Team Request [FILLED] To Create Anime-Styled Horror

S

ShiEksdee

** Filled again, thanks. XD It's raining programmers in here! **

- Please be a serious developer if you apply in the future. - Dropping out minutes after joining says a lot about your work ethic. Just because this team is lax doesn't make it any less serious~ So please, only real game developers who put work in should apply. If you can't be bothered to work as a team unit, then don't bother applying. This is to create a TEAM. I'm not hiring developers to make my game for me. The game has a direction and vision which is clearly stated if you will READ. But this is a team effort. If you want to make someone's game for them, find that sort of job, but this is calling for a team effort. Thanks!

Hai all!

My talents lie in 2d character design, graphic design, some pixel art, singing and voice acting, project management, writing, and creative ideas and conceptualizing.

I'm looking for some individuals to collaborate with. This is not my first game and I am an intermediate artist. i.e. I make things that look at least good enough to sell for a couple bucks if it has to come to that~. However I know very little about programming so my major focus would be to be in an environment where someone can teach me along the way OR learn with me along the way.

We'll be making a semi-simple anime horrorish game. Looking for someone with like minds who have a passion for anime-style games and/or horror genre. It is my belief that you must have passion and heart for what you're creating.

~~**~~

Scope:
Our game is KomMma, a 2D platforming game with visual novel elements and some light combat. Shorter game with multiple endings to collect.

Yuu Gato was your ordinary schoolboy until a tragic accident left him spiraling down into the whimsically creepy world of his coma. It's here he meets the mysterious Modra, who keeps time and guards the doors to Yuu's memories and experiences. Is she friend or foe? Yuu has no choice but to cooperate in order to awaken back to the real world. And then there's that laid back jokester, Krev, who bears the strangest resemblance to Yuu.......

* Platforming and puzzle solving
* Enter the 12 doors of the clock room to visit specific memories of Yuu, watching his fears manifest
* Meet zany characters along the way in this unsettling but endearing inner-world
* Evade and battle entities that symbolize Yuu's perceptions and fears and defeat crazy bosses
* Who or what is behind the troubles plaguing Yuu's coma. A plot-driven adventure~ Unravel the story~
* Fully voice acted (I already have a team of talented VA's)
* What's Yuu's ultimate fate? You decide and bring the game to one of many epic conclusions......

Inspirations include: Yume Nikki, Ib, and Silhouette Mirage

Deadlines = NO. This must be a relaxed team. I have a disability to work around so I cannot comply with strict deadlines. I love deadlines normally but it's impossible for me to plan around them because of my health.

You can listen to a music sketch of the main theme, Dead Sleep HERE.

Eventual vocal lyrics to said song:
A line pulses there like a boated vein
Within the dark
Intermittently

Here the light shamelessly recedes
Leading this heart into a seamless chasm of memory
Thin line
Drawn across in Rhythm of Time

One hand placed forward surely
Boldly surging with
Power

A timeline that can run forward or back
This is the key to Real Life awakening!

Open these dead eyes!
Seer through raging lies!
Let them pierce through the pseudo void
To see once more (To life's core!)
Fear and pain to die!
Polar feelings rise!
Horizon spinning into view
Violently Calling!

~~**~~

Seeking:
1. Programmer with experience who likes to teach aspiring programmers OR another new-ish programmer who doesn't mind learning with me, or both. We could have a lead programmer and additional programmers and that's fine with me. As long as we keep it small and tight.

2. Musician to create horror and/or anime inspired soundtrack. I am a vocalist and you will be working with vocals, so bear that in mind. It'd be great if you also could make the SFX and ambiance please.

3. An additional Artist, preferably environment artist, to help lessen the workload. I'm talented in the character department and not so much in the environment department. Let's work to each others strengths/weaknesses.

Every member will help in planning the game's features. I'm very open to any and all ideas and I believe this is a part where everyone in the small team can shine so everyone's ideas are heard and implemented.

~~**~~

Compensation
This team is primarily for me to learn GML. However, I'm not averse to splitting any profit if the game takes that course. In other words I don't care if it's a free or pay game or not. I just want to make something and I'd like my team members to be of the same mindset.

We could make a Kickstarter after we get going, and rev share anything we may make. That's a-okay with me!

~~**~~

Reply to this thread or PM me if interested.

** I have Discord group for this game for communication~

Last edited by a moderator:
S

ShiEksdee

I have a bit of experience in programming, I'm no expert, but if you'd like a bit of help on your game id to be glad to help

my discord is this: bullseye0913
Absolutely. This project will probably be built a bit slowly (due to my disability), so you won't have to timesink all the time anyway. We can work at a comfortable pace. I'm totally new to programming - I'll be getting help from the Mentors as well.
And as always, any of your ideas for the game are welcome. We can go ahead and start planning and roughing it out. I suppose I'll put you in the team and keep searching for a composer. ^ u^ I'll add you to Discord shortly!

B

Bullseye

Absolutely. This project will probably be built a bit slowly (due to my disability), so you won't have to timesink all the time anyway. We can work at a comfortable pace. I'm totally new to programming - I'll be getting help from the Mentors as well.
And as always, any of your ideas for the game are welcome. We can go ahead and start planning and roughing it out. I suppose I'll put you in the team and keep searching for a composer. ^ u^ I'll add you to Discord shortly!
my full username with the code is this:

bullseye0913#2169

N

naret

Maybe you could show some art you've created so far for the game. This could attract team members with the love for the same genre/style.

S

ShiEksdee

Maybe you could show some art you've created so far for the game. This could attract team members with the love for the same genre/style.
Yup. Working on the animated intro just to show my dedication to the project. Going to use it to seduce me a programmer XDDD

S

ShiEksdee

Look forward to seeing it, horror is one of my favourite genres when done well.
Depends on what type of horror you like. This one bends towards weird/creepy animeish horror.

First post updated with project details and a music theme sketch.