Can GM make website games?

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Seamless Music

I was wondering if any version of GM can make website games, where you can host it on portal sites.

Can it export to flash?

Yal

🐧 *penguin noises*
GMC Elder
Using the HTML5 module. (There's one for both GMS2 and GMS1, pictured: GMS2 version)
upload_2017-3-31_14-43-15.png

L

Lerner

I was wondering if any version of GM can make website games, where you can host it on portal sites.

Can it export to flash?
To give more precisions, you can't export to Flash, but your game will run in a frame, just like with Flash.

Z

ZebraFoxGames

You can't export to Flash/SWF files, but you can export to HTML5, which most sites like Itch.io, Game Jolt, etc all accept.

G

Greys0n

you can upload your HTML5 game to the internet for testing

Perseus

Not Medusa
Forum Staff
Closing, for the question has been answered numerous times since the topic was opened. Then it turned into a forum game where everybody would keep on saying the same thing again and again, so I had to tidy it up. I don't want to let it happen again, so closing the topic to save you guys from yourselves.

Conclusion: You can't export to Flash. Only HTML5 games can be created using GM at the moment. You need to buy the Web export module to compile the project to HTML5. Further information in this regard can be found on the Knowledge Base. Also, please feel free to create another topic if the articles can't answer any specific questions you have.

Status
Not open for further replies.