OFFICIAL New Forum Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
I

icuurd12b42

upload_2016-12-23_14-30-16.png

Anyone else seeing there is something different about the Insert Quotes on the left and the 3 others on the right? like not exactly the same font or font size, it's more pixelated? It's driving my OCD nuts

T

TheShadow

Crikey! 4 registrations and 6 email confirmations before the forum would verify by clicking on the email links. Is this normal? (I am not even sure I can remember which of the logins and passwords I used but I guess I can always register again.) Is there a normal light skin option somewhere? I can't seem to find it, but then a lot of the grey text on black doesn't show so apologies if I missed it.

A

AnonyMouse

I was posting twice and almost finished the text and something happened looks like the address is deleted, not sure but I have the feeling that the process was reversed, everything deleted, and I came back to the start page of the forum. This was exactly the same the first and the second time. But before that and now I dont have problem, the problem post had youtube link and I am using Vivaldi browser. Anybody with such problem?

I

Inge Jones

Can I change the forum skin? I find grey text against dark grey background very hard to see compared with dark text on light background, especially for the menu options.

YellowAfterlife

ᴏɴʟɪɴᴇ ᴍᴜʟᴛɪᴘʟᴀʏᴇʀ
Forum Staff
Can I change the forum skin? I find grey text against dark grey background very hard to see compared with dark text on light background, especially for the menu options.
Someone made a userstyle that adds a light theme. If that does not fit, I can upload a similar thing that I made, which only inverts the areas where enough text is shown:upload_2016-12-28_16-18-2.png

I

Inge Jones

Oh I don't think I want to install a chrome addon specially for it. Most forums give you a choice of skins especially when their default one is known to be hard on some types of vision. But thanks :)

FrostyCat

Redemption Seeker
Oh I don't think I want to install a chrome addon specially for it. Most forums give you a choice of skins especially when their default one is known to be hard on some types of vision. But thanks :)
They have done that in the past, and it was plagued with accessibility issues --- ironically, that's what the alternative themes were meant to address.

While the alternative themes lasted, some just didn't have the know-how or discipline to press Ctrl+Shift+V instead of Ctrl+V while copying in content. The result is theme-specific colour formatting sometimes being carried into the post. People using the light-on-dark theme had trouble reading posts from people using the dark-on-light theme, and vice versa.

This post was intentionally written to showcase the problem. The last line is readable on the default "YoYo Dark" theme (light-on-dark) but completely hidden on the IP.Board Mobile theme (dark-on-light). The theme can be changed using the tiny "Change Theme" link at the very bottom of the page.

I

Inge Jones

Oh right... that was long before my time then. I've only found this game engine a couple weeks ago. I was using Unity before, but as I wanted to make a tile-based 2D game it was like using a sledgehammer to crack a nut. So pleased I found this one!

Q

Quailfail

I hope this is the right place to ask. I have just made this account and in going through my settings to change somethings I discover that I apparently don't remember my own password. Is there another way to reset the password? I found "https://forum.yoyogames.com/index.php?lost-password/" but it only refreshes back to the main forum page. I'm afraid of logging out only to not be able to return again.

Very sorry if there is an obvious answer somewhere.

Perseus

Not Medusa
Forum Staff
but it only refreshes back to the main forum page.
Isn't that expected? When you're logged in, it presumes that you remember your password, so it takes you back to the forum list. The password recovery form works very well. Just log out and use the " Forgot your password? " option (which is the same as using that link) when trying to log in.

It works pretty well. Tested it myself, so you need not be afraid of never returning back. You shouldn't fear that either way, for you may regain access to your account by contacting the YYG Helpdesk directly if something goes wrong. But that's very unlikely to happen.

Q

Quailfail

Just log out and use the " Forgot your password? " option (which is the same as using that link) when trying to log in.
Thank you for the help, I did as you said and got it reset.

I rarely do forums so I'm filled to the brim with very amateur questions.

Q

Quailfail

Here with another question- what makes a post counted? I notice not all posts that I submit are counted.

B

Boone

I loved Game Maker until the crap of Game maker 2 came out... They deleted my account and I cant even transfer my Game maker 1 games to Game maker 2 without paying 100 bucks, I cant even buy the pro version of Game maker 1 anymore to export My game I have spent roughly 100 hours on! My point is I know YoYo games is better then this and I hope they fix what they have created I am not a hater I just want you to fix it. PLEASE. And if you cant at least fix Game maker 1. I know your better then this YoYo games...

rIKmAN

I loved Game Maker until the crap of Game maker 2 came out... They deleted my account and I cant even transfer my Game maker 1 games to Game maker 2 without paying 100 bucks, I cant even buy the pro version of Game maker 1 anymore to export My game I have spent roughly 100 hours on! My point is I know YoYo games is better then this and I hope they fix what they have created I am not a hater I just want you to fix it. PLEASE. And if you cant at least fix Game maker 1. I know your better then this YoYo games...
I highly doubt they would just delete your account for no reason, they must have told you why?

rIKmAN

BUT THEY DIDN'T. All I know is that they need to fix there once awesome program.
Why are you shouting at me?
If they didn't tell you then you should ask them, like I said there must have been a reason.

If there was a mistake I'm sure they will sort it out and correct it for you, if not then they should tell why the action was taken.

You really have no idea why they might have deleted your account?

B

Boone

Why are you shouting at me?
If they didn't tell you then you should ask them, like I said there must have been a reason.

If there was a mistake I'm sure they will sort it out and correct it for you, if not then they should tell why the action was taken.

You really have no idea why they might have deleted your account?
Ok your right but they still should bring Game Maker 1 back!

Nocturne

Friendly Tyrant
Forum Staff
Admin
This topic has served it's purpose for the startup of the new forums and is now closed. All further issues should be PM'd to me, or posted in the COmmunity Chat forum using the "Forum Issue" prefix.

Status
Not open for further replies.