I HATE the password setup on here

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Tyler Logsdon

When you go to create an account, you usually have one password that you use for everything. With me, I've had my password since I was 7 (randomly generated by the game Tibia)

I memorized this password and adopted it to use for everything. Except this forum.

This would be fine, if you could change it to whatever you like after registration, but that's not the case. For some reason, you have to go as far as to have a capital letter, 10 characters, and a special character. This is absolutely insane. Why does it need that many specific things?

Mercerenies

This has been discussed several times. Nobody really likes it. But it's not going to change. Somewhere between YYG and PlayTech, the decision was made to crack down on the new GMC's security. A lot of people have complained to Nocturne/Mike/everybody, and they've made clear that this is something they aren't going to budge on.

T

Tyler Logsdon

This has been discussed several times. Nobody really likes it. But it's not going to change. Somewhere between YYG and PlayTech, the decision was made to crack down on the new GMC's security. A lot of people have complained to Nocturne/Mike/everybody, and they've made clear that this is something they aren't going to budge on.
Thanks for clearing it up:) I didn't know it has been discussed in this light before(seeing as I'm a recent re-addition to this forum).

W

Widget

Please don't use the same password all the time - if someone discovers it for one thing, they have access to everything.

What I've done is include the same prefix to all my passwords so they're easy to remember then add a word, number and/or special character at the end. I have pages in a notebook which has all my accounts ever and their passwords, except written down the prefix is just a "~", so if someone were to find my notebook they wouldn't know the prefix.

Status
Not open for further replies.