• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Android [FREE ANDROID] Frankrit Eats Meat

J

JayR

Hey guys! I would like to share a good news that I've been developing a mobile game app using GMS for the past coming 2 years and I have finally completed it!

The game is FREE and I've published it onto Google Play Store: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.jgamesentertainment.frankriteatsmeat. If you have 5 minutes to spare (considering you have a strong immunity to addiction), please download the game and play it!

Do let me know what you think of it, if there's any areas I could improve on, things you would like to see in the game on future updates or if you encounter any bugs. Please leave a REVIEW and RATE too as this will give me a general idea of how the game is doing.

I would like to thank all the community members who have helped me in my coding issues I've encountered in all my countless previous posts. :salute:

In the unfortunate event if you're an iPhone user, I'm considering to port my game over to the iOS platform if the response is good. Nonetheless, please share it with your friends and family who uses an Android phone.

Hope to hear from you guys. Thank you so much for taking your time to read this. You are awesome!

Changelog:
v1.0.0
• Initial release.​
v1.0.1
• Critical bug fix.​
v1.1.0
• Added "How-to-play" tutorial.​
v1.2.0
• Fixed some bugs. Re-balanced game difficulty.​
v1.3.0
• Added Hook Streak combos score popup.
• Removed the Upgrade Panel. Upgrade buttons are now displayed outside for easy one-click upgrade.
• Pressing the device's native back key while in the Menu room now ends the game.
• Fixed the "white flash" transition effect bug for devices with large screen resolution.​
v1.4.0
• Optimized game speed.
• Increased game music volume.
• Fixed bug of Gems rewarded from unlocking an Achievement not saving.
• Changed "Options" button to "More".
• Unlocked Settings room and added the function to turn ON / OFF game tutorial.
• ...and more!​
v1.5.0
• Updated the app permissions for features releasing on future updates.
• Added NEW Fresh Meats: Sushi (Sake, Ebi & Tamago).
• Added NEW Popup Talkers for the respective Sushi types.​

Last edited by a moderator:
J

James Maxwell

Hey, I just played the game earlier and I would like to say that I had a lot of fun! What inspired you to make the game? Also I feel this game has so much potential. Any plans for new modes in the future?

W

Wraithious

This is a fun and addicting game to play! Good controls and graphics nice job!

J

JayR

Hey, I just played the game earlier and I would like to say that I had a lot of fun! What inspired you to make the game? Also I feel this game has so much potential. Any plans for new modes in the future?
Glad you enjoy the game! I see many complex games in the market and decided I wanted to create something that's very simple but has a replay factor to it. I wanted my players to experience the "I'm better that this!" feeling whenever they die too early into the game. Yes, I'm looking into adding more features to the game in following updates! :)

This is a fun and addicting game to play! Good controls and graphics nice job!
Thank you so much! Glad you are enjoying the game!

M

mysticjim

Hi dude,

Just downloaded it and had a quick play. The game looks lovely and there is certainly some potential there, I think you could develop it a lot further. The fact it's a 'go for as long as you can' type game probably limits it - you could expand it into levels with a lesser difficulty curve. I'm going to get my young son to have a go on it later and see how long it keeps his interest, but my guess is he'll have a couple of goes and get frustrated with it. I myself only lasted 1.28 seconds at best - and there seems to come a point when you can go for a good twenty seconds with nothing but meat cleavers flying past which kind of leaves you at such a massive disadvantage as you know you're probably done for at that point.

So yes, love the look of it and the dynamics of the gameplay is quite addictive, if you can flesh it out for longer - give players more of a staged challenge, you could be onto something there.

Out of interest, would you possibly be interested in being interviewed about the game and your experiences developing with GameMaker for the forthcoming podcast I'm producing?

https://forum.yoyogames.com/index.php?threads/a-gamemaker-podcast.22496

PM me if you're interested.

Nice work

Jim

J

JayR

Hi dude,

Just downloaded it and had a quick play. The game looks lovely and there is certainly some potential there, I think you could develop it a lot further. The fact it's a 'go for as long as you can' type game probably limits it - you could expand it into levels with a lesser difficulty curve. I'm going to get my young son to have a go on it later and see how long it keeps his interest, but my guess is he'll have a couple of goes and get frustrated with it. I myself only lasted 1.28 seconds at best - and there seems to come a point when you can go for a good twenty seconds with nothing but meat cleavers flying past which kind of leaves you at such a massive disadvantage as you know you're probably done for at that point.

So yes, love the look of it and the dynamics of the gameplay is quite addictive, if you can flesh it out for longer - give players more of a staged challenge, you could be onto something there.

Out of interest, would you possibly be interested in being interviewed about the game and your experiences developing with GameMaker for the forthcoming podcast I'm producing?

https://forum.yoyogames.com/index.php?threads/a-gamemaker-podcast.22496

PM me if you're interested.

Nice work

Jim
Yes, that is definitely some of the things I'm looking into adding for my following updates based on all the feedback I've received so far. The difficulty is too high at the moment and what you're experiencing with only cleavers spawning is the state DOOM which lasts for 15s. Not to worry, this will be reworked in the next update which I might upload tomorrow!

I appreciate the in-depth feedback and letting your son play. Maybe after the update it might get your son "hooked" longer than just two goes :p

Sure thing! I'll PM you. Thanks again!

J

James Maxwell

Hey, I'm back and I noticed two updates since I was last playing! The speed in which the game is paced has improved, and also the ratio of cleavers to meat. I'm very impressed with what you've put out so far. Is there anything else that's coming soon? Do we get a sneak-peek?

J

JayR

Hey, I'm back and I noticed two updates since I was last playing! The speed in which the game is paced has improved, and also the ratio of cleavers to meat. I'm very impressed with what you've put out so far. Is there anything else that's coming soon? Do we get a sneak-peek?
Thank you for getting back! As of now I'm still in the midst of solving some bugs and stuff. But there are many ideas on what to implement in making the game more exciting. Unfortunately, due to job and lack of manpower I'm afraid I can't let anything out as it is not confirmed doable. Nonetheless, there will definitely be new things coming! So do check this thread once in a while :)

J

JayR

It's been more than a year... Finally found some time to continue working on this. Managed to port the game over to GM2, as well.
Please let me know what you think of it :)