Windows ÜberHot

T

Teroil

ÜberHot is a low resolution Top-Down Shooter where time moves only when you move. This game features intense action of you controlling a special agent who mows through his enemies using his pistol, dodge roll and the ability of stopping time.

Story:
The great prince of Nigeria has been kidnapped by very infamous villains and you have been offered a reward of one million dollars to liberate him. One of the villains had received an email claiming that sending only 100 dollars to the prince would make him get 10,000 dollars in return, which never happened leading to the villains taking action. You are going to save the prince, and no lives are going to be spared in the process.

Description:
You control the most badass dude on the planet through 4 levels of blood spurting, fast bullets and total havoc. The gun in your hands is the trusty ol' Kolt 911-handgun, which comes with such attributes as custom sound effects and a magazine the size of 5 bullets. You also have the ability of dodge rolling at your disposal, it's useful for smashing through windows and dodging those projectiles that are constantly flying at you. One of the most impressive aspects of the game is the large variation of sounds made using only a mouth! Also I couldn't afford a real graphic designer so I went with the best graphics that I could produce.

Controls:
Pressing WASD-keys makes your favorite agent walk everywhere. You can dodge roll in the direction you're walking in by pressing the right mouse button. Use your mouse to aim around with your Kolt 911-handgun and left mouse button to fire ( be sure to have ammunition left in your magazine! )

This is my submission for the #makeitSUPERHOT competition at ModDB.

ModDB Page: http://www.moddb.com/games/uberhot
Download: http://www.moddb.com/games/uberhot/downloads/berhot

Screenshots & GIF:

[spoiler/]

Zerb Games

Very well done. The gameplay is too slow though. You nailed the Cactus sine waves and overall feel, but I only got enjoyment from the game when I challenged myself, like try to get everybody in 1 level to shoot each other. I was able to complete all the levels just walking normally, which I actually prefered so focus on how to make the player want to slow down.

Recommended changes:
no red screen, I like the trippy stuff, but no.
Faster bullets.
More accurate guys (I could send you a formula if you want to try to calculate where the player will be)
It's very basic, but very fun. Make the art style a little more refined.
Roll needs to be faster in speed, charging speed is fine.
1 bullet can do multiple kills, that would be awesome. Perhaps cap it at 2.
A lighting system maybe? I think it would look cool in this game, I could send you it, it's fairly efficient and pretty pixely.
Shorter level intro.
Enemies should pursue you for longer?

Overall very well done game. Just need some difficulty and speed modifications.

Last edited:
T

Teroil

Reminds me of SUPERHOTline Miami
Fun Fact: The creator of that game has published two very similar games; SUPERHOTline Miami and SHOOTOUT Inc. SUPERHOTline Miami came shortly after SHOOTOUT Inc. and seemed to be just a reskin with added content ( I'm not sure since I didn't play the first one, but I did read a comment lol.) And SUPERHOTline Miami came after my game ÜberHot, so perhaps he got the idea from me but who knows haha.

T

Teroil

Overall very well done game. Just need some difficulty and speed modifications.
Thank you so much for all the effort you put in to that list of things the game could've done better. I started working on the game a long time ago and I tried to keep the graphics as simple as possible since I really can't make any top-down pixel art. Later I found out there being a competition about making a SuperHot inspired game and I decided to finish the game. I would've definitely done the game so much differently if I had started working on it from the ground up when I found out about the competition.

Unfortunately I'm not planning on updating the game anymore, but I was considering making a "sequel" for the game with MUCH better graphics and pretty much improved everything. If I ever get around to actually working on it, I'm sure I'll add those ideas of yours as I thought they'd really improve the game significantly.

Zerb Games

Thank you so much for all the effort you put in to that list of things the game could've done better. I started working on the game a long time ago and I tried to keep the graphics as simple as possible since I really can't make any top-down pixel art. Later I found out there being a competition about making a SuperHot inspired game and I decided to finish the game. I would've definitely done the game so much differently if I had started working on it from the ground up when I found out about the competition.

Unfortunately I'm not planning on updating the game anymore, but I was considering making a "sequel" for the game with MUCH better graphics and pretty much improved everything. If I ever get around to actually working on it, I'm sure I'll add those ideas of yours as I thought they'd really improve the game significantly.
It's not about updating, just constructive criticism in general. It's always good to have an outsiders look on something even if you have no intention of continuing.