Your Best/Worst Qualities

E

Ethanicus

If you had to pick one of each, which of your qualities would you identify as your best and worst? And why?
It doesn't necessarily have to be related to game making.

chance

predictably random
Forum Staff
By "qualities" do you mean general personality traits, such as generosity, honesty, etc.

Or do you mean specific habits?

D

Docker

Best I would have to say is morals, I'm very black and white when it comes to what is right and wrong.
Worst I would say is temperament, generally I'm very relaxed about everything and have an extremely long fuse and no time for bull💩💩💩💩 but once I'm past that point its like flipping a switch and I can become a nasty bastard... worst part about it is that it is hardwired into me through a mental disorder (I guess that would you would call it?).

chance

predictably random
Forum Staff
Best I would have to say is morals, I'm very black and white when it comes to what is right and wrong.
Given the complexities of life, some people might say a "black and white" viewpoint isn't a good quality.

D

Docker

Given the complexities of life, some people might say a "black and white" viewpoint isn't a good quality.
If it weren't for my black and white views on things I doubt I would be typing this message today.

There will be cases if you want to nitpick (homeless person who will starve if they do not steal food is an example that comes to mind) but on face value it purely means not hating people due to race, religion, sexual preference or identity, not deceiving, stealing or lying for personal gain, not intentionally causing harm to others or putting others in harm, not getting involved in harmful gossip, defending and protecting those who need it, having manners and being polite, treating others with respect and without judgement and the list goes on.

I'll give you a working example of what I mean, when I was younger and used to go on nights out with friends I was punched by two people who were friends with a colleague I was out with who were less than impressed that this seemingly random guy was trying to talk to their female friend, what these two failed to realise was that the 15 people outside the club were also there with me and were quick to jump into action. Not only did I not react but I also stopped them getting their head kicked in by the people I was there with and helped them get a taxi home. That could have been a completely different story if I thought in terms of grey or weren't so set in my ways on what is right and wrong.

An even more ridiculous example is that I have two large spiders that live in my bathroom, I'm not exactly a fan of spiders and my family are terrified by them but there they remain after 6 months because I have no idea if moving them outside may mean causing their death.

Any quality someone deems as good could be seen as bad by another person and morals will largely come down to the individuals way of thinking but at least I know if I were to die tomorrow I could say that I tried to be the best person I could be and did what little I could to brighten an otherwise dark world.

Last edited:

chance

predictably random
Forum Staff
Any quality someone deems as good could be seen as bad by another person and morals will largely come down to the individuals way of thinking but at least I know if I were to die tomorrow I could say that I tried to be the best person I could be and did what little I could to brighten an otherwise dark world.
Sounds to me like your views are NOT so "black and white" after all. That term usually suggests dogmatic inflexibility. But you seem more thoughtful and mindful of subtlety based on circumstances. So I guess we each use that term differently.

Ninety

I think here "black and white" is to be read as "strong moral compass" which I can absolutely get behind. It's just that usually, when people say they have "black and white views" it translates to something less fun, as chance pointed out. Basically I'm just rehashing chance's post here actually. yes

F

fxokz

Good quality: Im a great person and yadda yadda yadda
Bad quality: I have a hard time expressing myself.

11clock

Best quality: Very creative and idealistic, passionate about my own work.

Worst quality: My impatience and anxiety. The combination leads me to making impulsive decisions.

Jabbers

I think a good quality about chance is his thoughtfulness. That isn't to say Docker isn't being thoughtful, but I frequently find chance bringing up good points in response to potentially controversial posts. I'm no expert on what right or wrong is, but I'm now studying ethics for a second year and I am conflicted immediately by several of Dockers criteria for good moral behaviour (not deceiving, stealing or lying for personal gain, not intentionally causing harm to others or putting others in harm, defending and protecting those who need it, having manners and being polite, treating others with respect and without judgement).

Best leave it there unless someone wants to start a separate topic about it.

I'm not sure what my best and worst qualities are. I believe I am rational, have integrity, and that I am creative. My worst qualities are probably something to do with anxiousness, I hide in my shell a lot these days and I almost never meet people. I put that down to circumstances more than personal traits though. I lean towards introversion and while I wouldn't describe that as a bad quality necessarily, I think in the wrong situations it can be a poor quality.

E

Ethanicus

Well I'll answer my own question here.

I think my best(s) would have to be that I have lots of ideas and think about things from a different angle than most. However because of that I tend to overanalyze things and lose sight of the big picture. For instance, I sat for like fifteen minutes wording that sentence, no joke.

Worst would be very short motivation span? Like I'll get a super cool idea, work on it constantly for like a few days, then lose motivation to do it. I suppose it's another side of the big picture thing.

D

Docker

I think a good quality about chance is his thoughtfulness. That isn't to say Docker isn't being thoughtful, but I frequently find chance bringing up good points in response to potentially controversial posts. I'm no expert on what right or wrong is, but I'm now studying ethics for a second year and I am conflicted immediately by several of Dockers criteria for good moral behaviour (not deceiving, stealing or lying for personal gain, not intentionally causing harm to others or putting others in harm, defending and protecting those who need it, having manners and being polite, treating others with respect and without judgement).

Best leave it there unless someone wants to start a separate topic about it.

I'm not sure what my best and worst qualities are. I believe I am rational, have integrity, and that I am creative. My worst qualities are probably something to do with anxiousness, I hide in my shell a lot these days and I almost never meet people. I put that down to circumstances more than personal traits though. I lean towards introversion and while I wouldn't describe that as a bad quality necessarily, I think in the wrong situations it can be a poor quality.
I'm more than happy to have a discussion about it through pm if you wish to as long as you're not going to be pedantic with things such as referring to war or contact sports for harming others, bluffing in poker for deceiving, starving people stealing to survive etc as there are exceptions to every rule but for most living in the first world there are few excuses for being what i see as a c u next Tuesday of a human being.

@Ninety worded it better with 'moral compass' as this was what I was trying to express but couldn't think of the term, coincidentally another bad character trait of mine is struggling to put my thoughts into words without them being misunderstood or taken in a different context.

T

Tyler Logsdon

Best: I'm transparent and 100 percent honest
Worst: im ugly

J

James Maxwell

Best: I like a certain type of animal a lot. Worst: I'm bad at making people guess.

A

Alex Lyons

Strengths: Ambitious, optimistic, passionate
Weaknesses: Obsessive, impatient, sensitive

Changgi

Best, probably I'm nice to people??
Worst, I'm too egotistical? I dunno, I know a number of good and bad traits of mine, but I don't know which are best and which are worst. I wonder what people like about me myself especially since I don't have many friends.