Forum Game [5/7] The People's Mafia - Town Victory

R

rougebare

If that's meant to be an activation you might wanna bold it so it's clearer, I'm guessing one of your roles has something to do with the colour I got given, as you giving him a coloured balloon.

Mercerenies

Day Activation!

Seeing that Shawn is clearly feeling down about the fact that his NPC friend is recently deceased, Misu chooses a random color and happens to perfectly guess that Shawn's favorite color is in fact teal.

Misu made Shawn happy. Shawn and Misu have both been rewarded.

Now for the not-as-fun part. I'm not sure how Shawn's color was communicated, but as a general rule in mafia games, any communications about the game should take place in this topic so that all players can see it. Private or outside communications (other than the mafia-only message chat) are generally frowned upon and considered unfair.

Mercerenies

Day Activation!

Disappointed with the recent turn of events, Cantavanda slaps Shawn and Misu. Shawn and Misu now have small red marks on their respective cheeks and are relatively annoyed at having been slapped.

Misu and Shawn have been slapped.

Shawn Basnett

Discount Dev
He's just jealous that he didn't get a balloon. No worries Cantavanda, You'll be rewarded eventually. ;)

Last edited:

Gamer (ex-Cantavanda)

〜Flower Prince〜
Cantavanda is sad that KindomOfGamez isn't participating so *slaps himself* and also *slaps lukasmah* because of lynching so early

And yes I also want a balloon!!!

R

rougebare

Why would I not be surprised if your favourite colour turned out to be some shade of red? XD

Mercerenies

Day Activation!

Cantavanda realizes that KingdomOfGamez isn't participating in this game, so he slaps himself and Lukasmah.

Cantavanda and Lukasmah have been slapped.

Shawn Basnett

Discount Dev
Edit: Also just noticed your note about outside communication. I can assure you that no outside communication has happened. Misu just happened to get lucky.

Alrighty, well, if it isn't too early to ask a few questions:

1. If hypothetically you were given a protection role, who would you use it on?

2. Do you believe your own roles are fairly balanced?

3. What do you think of Mercenaries' shell?

Last edited:
R

rougebare

The first question is the most interesting to me, but it IS a tad early for me to say for sure, especially when we still haven't heard from everyone. If I had to use one now, I'd protect Misu, but I don't really have much of a vibe on anyone.

Balance is a relative thing, in a vacuum it's hard to tell how balanced my roles are. Think of a six-shooter, sure it's overpowered in a knife fight, but in a battle of tanks, it's not going to do much. I'd have a hunch most the roles are fairly powerful though, based on Merc's opening statements pre-day 1.

Shawn Basnett

Discount Dev
I can see using it on Misu, being that he hasn't really done much other than provide balloons. In terms of balance I'd say some roles could still be determined as overpowered. Since some roles cause effects that aren't really traditional or forseeable by others making roles. Like "If someone posts water and lynch in the same post, they will be killed the next night" isn't something to be easily expected by others making roles. That role would be fairly powerful in terms of effect.

M

Misu

I can assure you that no outside communication has happened. Misu just happened to get lucky.
I picked teal because it is my favourite color irl.

No one. I dont trust anyone in here. Not even the host or not even myself.
I wanted to be Hitler... :(
vote: Mercerenies

Mercerenies

In that case, impressive guesswork and I apologize for the accusatory post.

Votes
Darzoz (1) - Lukasmah
Mercerenies (1) - Misu

5 votes to lynch. Day 1 ends in 6 more days.

Shawn Basnett

Discount Dev
Wait, what happens if we vote Merc?

Also:
not even myself.
I'm not sure whether to take this as a joke or as something intentionally off putting. Then again it's Misu.

Speaking of Misu. After that nice gift I feel like it's my turn to pay it forward. I'd like to Give my cake to Cantavanda

R

rougebare

My guess is it might be role-related, generally though a no-lynch or equivalent is bad for town, so I'm not inclined to push for a Merc-lynch, no matter how curious I am.

Mercerenies

Day Activation!

Thankful for the balloon, Shawn decides to spread his own good deed by giving away a cake that he had on his person. Honestly, it's amazing no one noticed the giant cake he was carrying around, but he sets in down in front of Cantavanda, who graciously accepts.

Shawn has given a cake to Cantavanda.

Lukasmah

A random vote already? Why? >.>

It's a pretty standard game starter.

Edit: Also just noticed your note about outside communication. I can assure you that no outside communication has happened. Misu just happened to get lucky.

Alrighty, well, if it isn't too early to ask a few questions:

It's too early to tell. So far, you and Rouge have been trying to be helpful and get a discussion going, so one of you. Probably Rogue because I'm not sure what to think of the cake thing at the moment. But this is based only on very few posts, so it's a massive maybe.

Hard to tell. I don't have anything to compare it to. I don't think the game is supposed to be very well balanced, anyway.

It would be interesting to see what a Mercerenies lynch does. The votes are counted, so it would make sense for it to do something.

It's also like a no-lynch, though, which is always risky. However, if we're going to lynch him, it's probably safer to do it early while we're still not that short on players.

Ok, now, what's with all the actions? Three people have used unexplained day activations already. You don't just do that without a good reason. So, Cantavanda, Misu, Shawn... Explain.

Shawn Basnett

Discount Dev
It would be interesting to see what a Mercerenies lynch does. The votes are counted, so it would make sense for it to do something.

It's also like a no-lynch, though, which is always risky. However, if we're going to lynch him, it's probably safer to do it early while we're still not that short on players.
I say we give it a try, being that Merc had already stated the town was more overpowered this game. I agree, we should while we still can.

Vote: Mercenaries

Ok, now, what's with all the actions? Three people have used unexplained day activations already. You don't just do that without a good reason. So, Cantavanda, Misu, Shawn... Explain.
While I don't understand the balloon thing just yet, I refuse to divulge the use of the cake currently, only that it is very important. I wouldn't give it much thought, unless you are handed it. You will be presented with a choice. You'll know if you get it. No worries.

My guess is it might be role-related, generally though a no-lynch or equivalent is bad for town, so I'm not inclined to push for a Merc-lynch, no matter how curious I am.
I say we give it a shot while we still have the upper hand.

R

rougebare

Very well, but I want to try and let those we haven't heard from speak up first, before I vote. I'd be dubious about willingly ending the day too quickly.

Mercerenies

There are no softlynches or deadline votes, simply because those concepts would become too complicated in conjunction with roles that influence votes.

Lukasmah

There are no softlynches or deadline votes, simply because those concepts would become too complicated in conjunction with roles that influence votes.
Shame.

While I don't understand the balloon thing just yet, I refuse to divulge the use of the cake currently, only that it is very important. I wouldn't give it much thought, unless you are handed it. You will be presented with a choice. You'll know if you get it. No worries.
It's such an important item, and you just gave it to Cantavanda who slapped a bunch of people for no apparent reason without explaining what the slapping does? You implied the cake was useful. So why give it to him, specifically?

Shawn Basnett

Discount Dev
It's such an important item, and you just gave it to Cantavanda who slapped a bunch of people for no apparent reason without explaining what the slapping does? You implied the cake was useful. So why give it to him, specifically?
Cantavanda seems the least threatening. His slaps appear to do nothing and he hasn't contributed much just yet. I imagine when he is given the choice, he will choose wisely.

Lukasmah

Cantavanda seems the least threatening. His slaps appear to do nothing and he hasn't contributed much just yet. I imagine when he is given the choice, he will choose wisely.
Just because his slaps don't appear to do anything doesn't mean they don't do anything. He did give some vague justification for the slaps, but it's all quite weak, and with no explanation of what they do I don't trust him and I don't see why you do, either. There's also the weird self-slap.

Speaking of which, Misu hasn't said anything particularly useful or relevant, either. Sure, he answered the questions, but not particularly seriously, and he also did the unexplained day action thing.

R

rougebare

One thing I'd like to note about the slappings, both were done in pairs, Misu and Shawn, himself and Lukas. It's possible this action HAD to be done in pairs, and has some effect on both the two slapped. But I'm getting into conjucture here.

Shawn Basnett

Discount Dev
One thing I'd like to note about the slappings, both were done in pairs, Misu and Shawn, himself and Lukas. It's possible this action HAD to be done in pairs, and has some effect on both the two slapped. But I'm getting into conjucture here.
That's a good observation. I hadn't noticed that. They were also done to the only people that have responded since the game had started.

Just because his slaps don't appear to do anything doesn't mean they don't do anything. He did give some vague justification for the slaps, but it's all quite weak, and with no explanation of what they do I don't trust him and I don't see why you do, either. There's also the weird self-slap.
I'm not saying I trust him, I'm saying he seems to be one of the least threatening right now. He hasn't attempted to analyze anything or cover anything up. Until he does something suspicious, aside from the strange slapping, He's non threatening in my eyes.

Speaking of which, Misu hasn't said anything particularly useful or relevant, either. Sure, he answered the questions, but not particularly seriously, and he also did the unexplained day action thing.
Hence the reason I didn't give the cake to MIsu. While he did answer, they weren't very helpful answers. Aside from showing that we could vote for Merc.

Mercerenies

Day activation!

Roy activates his weapon of mass destruction, imploding the universe and making him the game's only winner. This was a very short game, unfortu- Misu steps in! Right before Roy can press the big red button, Misu knocks the button out if his hand with his magnificent "fixing it" powers. The WMD has failed.

Nothing happens.

M

Misu

Naughty Roy! Why would you use such mass destructive weapon in the first place anyway? (seriously why?)

Also for @Lukasmah Personally I just wanted to use my activation move anyway for 💩💩💩💩 and giggles. For the beginning of Day 1, I had no clue what to do actually so I did that. I only follow my role anyway since nothing big is really happening yet. Nothing else to expect.

R

roytheshort

VERY WELL! YOU PEOPLE DO NOT LEARN! I HAVE POWER! POWER BEYOND ANY OF YOUR COMPREHENSION! I AM CAPABLE OF DANGEROUS AND FEARSOME THINGS! THINGS THAT WILL CAUSE YOU TO HAVE NIGHTMARES BEYOND ANYTHING YOU HAVE EVEN THOUGHT!

Allow me to make a... minor... demonstration.

I use my machine

R

roytheshort

Trust me buddy, what I have just done is a fate worse than death. Feast your eyes on the horrors that I am to create before you.

Lukasmah

Oh boy! It's Lynch Roy O'Clock.

I don't think trying to implode the universe will help town in any way, so...

Unvote

Vote: Roy

Mercerenies

Day activation!

Roy presses a funny-looking button. Suddenly, Darzoz, who has been silent up to this point, starts dancing uncontrollably.

Darzoz is now dancing.

R

roytheshort

Unvote

Oh boy! Wait until you see what happens when I die. It's really fun.

I use my machine... AGAIN

Also Lukasmah is Mafia. Not that it makes a difference.

Mercerenies

Day activation!

Darzoz continues dancing. The machine has no further effect.

Nothing happens.

--

Votes
Roy (2) - Lukasmah, Roy
Mercerenies (2) - Shawn, Misu

5 votes to lynch. Day 1 ends in 6 more days.

Shawn Basnett

Discount Dev
Oh boy! Wait until you see what happens when I die. It's really fun.
>.>

Unvote

I still think Merc would be a good vote. I don't think we should lynch Roy. Reading through the previous games on the old topic have shown that he frequently gets roles that will harm the town when he is killed.

Let's wait for Darzoz to get back and see what the dancing effect has on their gameplay.

R

rougebare

Well, Roy certainly made a enterance... I agree with Shawn here, as I think Darzoz and Bingdom have yet to speak.

Mercerenies

Day activation!

Roy uses his machine, which did nothing the second time and continues to do nothing the third time.

Nothing happens.

Lukasmah

I still think Merc would be a good vote. I don't think we should lynch Roy. Reading through the previous games on the old topic have shown that he frequently gets roles that will harm the town when he is killed.
Fair. But it might be just as dangerous to leave him alive.