• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Discussion Master collecyion Upgrade to GMS2. Are all modules included or not?

Khenshiro

Hello,

A small question about the switch from GMS to GMS2.

I have the license for the full version of GMS Studio Master Collection with all modules.

If I upgrade to version 2. Should I purchase an update from each module or simply the update of the editor (desktop, ..) and the modules for which I already have the license for version 1 will be automatically included in version 2?

N

NPT

There is no equivalent to Master Collection within Studio 2.

What YYGs has done is given MC owners the ability to buy every module for 50% off.

So as an MC owner you can buy:
GMS2: $50
HTML5: $75
UWP: $200
Mobile (iOS Android): $200
Presumably any other exports at 50% off.

These upgrade prices are for an unlimited time only, and the expiration hasn't been published.

S

Steve Bucci

Thanks, NPT, that is what I was trying to figure out. That is a surprisingly high upgrade for MC users that already paid a lot to begin with.

Posh Indie

That Guy
I am just curious what the console module price will be and a more concrete release date for it is.

But to answer the question, they are all needing separate purchase even for Master Collection owners. The benefit being that people can now buy only the modules they need (Which are conveniently bundled by type) instead of requiring the base software first. We get a nice discount, though, so no worries. As long as you want to make 2D games, GMS2 is pretty much unbeatable, save for a few potential requirements one might have that are not currently supported (Few and far between).

I mean, the new tilemaps (and collision capabilities) are insanely good and worth upgrading alone. I managed to procedurally generate a large platformer level and it generates in way less than a second (Almost instantly), and the FPS hit is ridiculously small.

Last edited:

rIKmAN

I am just curious what the console module price will be and a more concrete release date for it is.
Has it been confirmed they will be charging for the console modules in GMS2?
They are free upon request and proof of participation in the MS/Sony dev programs in GMS1.

Posh Indie

That Guy
Has it been confirmed they will be charging for the console modules in GMS2?
They are free upon request and proof of participation in the MS/Sony dev programs in GMS1.
Well! I was unaware that they were free upon request with proof of participation in 1.4! I bought Master Collection and assumed I bought in to those implicitly. I have yet to release on console but intend to, so this is great news if that is the case.

To answer your question: No, they have confirmed nothing that I am aware of. I just made a possibly incorrect assumption.

rIKmAN

Well! I was unaware that they were free upon request with proof of participation in 1.4! I bought Master Collection and assumed I bought in to those implicitly. I have yet to release on console but intend to, so this is great news if that is the case.

To answer your question: No, they have confirmed nothing that I am aware of. I just made a possibly incorrect assumption.
See the articles here for more information:
http://help.yoyogames.com/hc/en-us/articles/217693878-How-to-sign-up-for-the-Xbox-One-Export-Module
http://help.yoyogames.com/hc/en-us/...to-sign-up-for-the-PlayStation-Export-Modules

Hopefully they do the same thing for GMS2, as the free advertising of having GM games on consoles and putting this front and centre on their website has to be worth more than a couple of hundred quid up front for the module.

Guess we shall see...