Not open for further replies.

Alice

Darts addict
Forum Staff
The voting begins!

With 37 entries total, the voting will last for over 13 days until
Sunday, 12th February, 23:59 UTC

DOWNLOAD ZIP (~410MB)

The ZIP with all entries is available at the locations listed below, either as a whole ZIP, or split into 100-ish MB parts (will upload later). The ZIP includes, aside from the games themselves, a Jam Player tool. It is recommended to use Jam Player to play the games, but if you are used to good old Jam randomiser, you can download it from this link.

Mega: Whole ZIP

How to vote?
You must make a single post with your votes, which might include the games ranking and optional awards for best games in specific categories. When you name a ranked / awarded entry, please use both the game name and the authors, as just a title or author isn't sometimes enough to tell which entry you mean. Preferably, just use the directory name from the game ZIP, as it identifies the game correctly.

For a vote to qualify, you must rank at least top 3 entries (without ties), and they must be accompanied by at least a short comment explaining what you liked about them. Also, you cannot rank your own entry.

Aside from top 3, you can vote for:
  • Best use of TIME LOOP
  • Best Concept
  • Best Presentation
  • Best Story
  • Best Devlog
You can vote for best reviewer, too, but that won't be counted.

Also, you can rank as many other entries as you like, all the way to the very last entry. In fact, the more entries you rank, the stronger support you will give to the top 3 (thanks to the voting system used). However, ties are not allowed, and entries from the first tie onwards aren't included when counting the votes.

Voting post template
Using this template is not mandatory, but it can be pretty useful. If you have your own idea about voting, feel free to get creative, but please make the voting data (ranking and best-ofs) clear, easy to process and in plaintext.

(this template is also used by Jam Player when exporting votes and comments)

Code:
[center][b][size=7]My amazing reviews![/size][/b][/center]
[size=6]Top 3:[/size]

[size=5]First place[/size]
Short comment about the first place...

[size=5] Second place[/size]
Short comment about the second place...

[size=5] Third place[/size]
Short comment about the third place...

[size=6]Best ofs:[/size]

[b]Best Use of TIME LOOP:[/b] ...
[b]Best Concept:[/b] ...
[b]Best Presentation:[/b] ...
[b]Best Story:[/b] ...
[b]Best Devlog:[/b] ...

[size=6]Full ranking:[/size]

[spoiler][list=1]
[*]first place...
[*]second place...
[*]etc...
[/list][/spoiler]

[size=6]Comments:[/size]

You might post your comments here, or, if you tend to write long and detailed feedback, make a document elsewhere and link to it here.
Providing feedback to each ranked entry is not mandatory, but generally people appreciate that.

How results are decided?
(the information here is not necessary for voting; it's mostly for people who want to understand how votes are calculated to produce the final results)

When it comes to the games ranking, the voting system used is normalised 1/(rank + 1), explained in more depth here:
Generally, in this system for each ranking the entry appears in, it gets a score of 1/(rank + 1), and for each ranking it doesn't appear in, it gets a score of 1/(last_rank + 2), as if it was ranked just after the last entry (normalisation).

Thanks to the normalisation step, if someone plays only a handful of games and ranks each of them, the other entries aren't harmed that much by not being played. In particular, this prevents a situation when a poor entry gets a significant boost because it has been ranked last among 10 played entries or so (it gets a measly score of 1/11 - 1/12 compared to others, instead of 1/11).

So, if someone ranks 3 entries, the effective score the top entries get compared to the unranked entries is:
1st place - 1/2 - 1/5
2nd place - 1/3 - 1/5
3rd place - 1/4 - 1/5

And if someone ranks 10 entries instead, the effective score becomes:
1st place - 1/2 - 1/12
2nd place - 1/3 - 1/12
3rd place - 1/4 - 1/12
10th place - 1/11 - 1/12

Therefore, the more entries you rank, the stronger support you give to your favourite entries!

After processing all rankings, the entries are sorted by their scores from specific votes, summed up.

When it comes to best-of awards, the winners must have gathered the most votes in their respective category. If multiple entries have the most votes, the Jam host may choose one or more entries among them to win the award. This is to avoid situations when e.g. 5 entries tie for 2 votes for the best devlog, and they all win; at the same time, it's still the community that decides which entries get the most votes.

The best reviewer is chosen arbitrarily by the Jam host, but the community opinion may be taken into account (just not in a "systematic" way).

Let's get voting!

R

rui.rosario

Reviews

Comments:

Chronosseum by Aviox, AdamJD

Ok, so let's go by order (althought comments get a bit mixed):

- TIME LOOP:
Awesome usage of the Time Loop concept, the Time Loop theme was a deep concept of all the gameplay.

- CONCEPT:
Absolutely loved the concept. You really had to take advantage of the Time Loops in order not only to cooperate with your past selves but also to help survive through the fights by following the footsteps of your previous clones. And for the record: This has to be THE toughest slime I ever fought in any game. Just a teeny tiny thing to point out: Sometimes it seems like your collision masks are a bit off, being sort of frustating when you clearly shouldn't have died but also breathtaking when you are still alive when you shouldn't.

- PRESENTATION:
Awesome presentation, loved the graphics overall, they were really good altogether. The audio was also spot on, did not get bored at all from the sounds and the sounds all blended really well with the game. Also, the audio queues that you had finished charging another arrow were really key in the game.

- STORY:
This is the worst part of the game for me... And yet it is stilll good. Is it weird? Hell yes. But is it a story that you remember and can see throughout the game? Mostly yes, just the enemies did not seem to connect to the history that well in my opinion.

Overall, I'd buy this game as it is, so I can only wait to see what @Aviox and @AdamJD pull off from this (I sincerely hope you keep developing this idea).

Doomsday by FunkyB

- TIME LOOP:
I have to give it "Poor" because the way I see it you literally took the words in Time Loop and made it so the game revolved around Time and you had to catch Loops to have more Time.

- CONCEPT:
It's an OK concept, basically an action game completely centered on time (where you shoot time and the bigger the number the more damage you take)

- PRESENTATION:
Not bad, some graphics did not go very well together and the sounds also didn't fit completely, buy everything ended up working.

- STORY:
OK-ish story I guess, although there is not much to it.

Overall I think this game could get a Presentation polish and probably some more depth - for example, if you're going to make it completely centered around time then you could upgrade your alarm clock by purchasing more dials, and maybe after a long time the tougher enemies could be digital alarm clocks, to show some progression. Anyways, just some ideas.

Fractured by Gizmo199

- TIME LOOP:
Good usage of the Time Loop theme, you have several past selves and you must dodge them.

- CONCEPT:
It is a good concept. I must say at first I was a bit staggered by the feeling of "What the... must I do?" until I realized that apparently I had to crash the Moon.

- PRESENTATION:
Great presentation! Smooth graphics that all blended quite well, different color for the spaceship every time and quite good sound effects and relaxing background music. It even has sprites for the goddamn keys!

- STORY:
N/A

Overalll quite a good game. Did not understand if there was an end to it or not, but I can see myself devoting some time to playing this game.
Only thing I can rapidly point out would be useful is a tutorial. Good things to add would be maybe other mechanics / game types. If @Gizmo199 decides to further develop this then I'll definitely check it out.

One Minute by Lemth

]Ok, so let's go by order (althought comments get a bit mixed):

- TIME LOOP:
It was a "Poor" execution on my opinion, I didn't quite feel the TIme Loop presence much, it was just like any timed game in which you restart the level after time is up (basically I didn't feel the usage quite made it feel like a Time Loop).

- CONCEPT:
I can see this being a fun concept, however I believe the speed would have to be a bit faster and the camera a bit further. I felt like the character was really on top of me, and I didn't quite like that feel for the game.

- PRESENTATION:
I cannot say I enjoy the presentation much. The font is quite hard to read, in my opinion, and the textures / sprites do not blend in. The sound is somewhat repetitive but I still find it pleasing to some point.

- STORY:
I am considering the finishing your tasks in a minute as somewhat the story of it - so please comment on that if you don't agree, I also don't feel 100% about it myself. Because of that, I think the story is OK given the overall concept. It fits the concept perfectly so I can't really classify it as "Poor", but since there isn't much to it I can't also give it more than "OK".

All in all, I can see the start of a very fun game. If the graphics suffer a major overall and you add some diversity (for example some times you have to do tasks in your backyard like mow the lawn or something). Also, I feel this is a game that could have a hardcore mode where some things were randomly generated, like the tasks and floorplans. That meant the player would have to draw from previous experiences in order to recognize what could or could not be a task and it would also have to quickly explore the gounds.

Time Bus by Snail Man

- TIME LOOP:
Good usage of the Time Loop theme, clearly felt it.

- CONCEPT:
Enjoyed the concept quite a while. Steering that English bus is TOUGH, and it is quite fun and nerve-racking to try and control and make close calls to previous version of yourself but ending up missing one just to hit another front-first two seconds later. Really enjoyed myself playing the game, "Great" from me.

- PRESENTATION:
Simple art, but effective. Liked how the ground would change each time you started a new run. Also liked the smooth music with a bit more pumped up times (not helping with the stress factor of the hard motion, but just adding to the fun of it!).

- STORY:
N/A

Overall enjoyed this small game quite a lot, although I only ended up playing a few minutes, since there isn't much to it.
I would like to see what future directions this game may take, should @Snail Man decide to keep developing it (hopefully not the same directions my bus was taking... ALL OVER THE PLACE)

Time Quest by BionicFrog

- TIME LOOP:
Well, I really can't say the game feels like anything other than a regular timed game in which you restart the level after the time runs out. If it was just that I'd give it "Poor". However, there is some state that is kept between time loops, making it feels more like there was an actual time loop and not just a time out, so I'll give it "OK".

- CONCEPT:
There is not much to the concept. Sometimes it felt more like a walking simulator. Also, the fighting mechanics were really off, being really hard to grasp sometimes. A sidenode: The boss is easier to kill than the rest of the enemies, so I'd change that if I were you (it may also be because it is a bigger target).

- PRESENTATION:
Can't say it's a mind blowing presentation, but it is not bad either. Graphics-wise it cuts it, although the texture (e.g. grass) are clearly repetitive. For the graphics alone I'd give "OK" however yo uhave a death sound effect. Meaning you qualify for the audio review. And sorry but it clearly lacks sound and even the death sound can be a bit annoying. Sorry.

- STORY:
N/A

It may be the start of something good, however I feel like it needs more polish. In my opinion you should focus on improving you overall graphics and battle system (besides the obvious lack of sounds).

Time Tank by Team RedGold

- TIME LOOP:
I understand what you went for, but I must say I find the usage quite "poor", I didn't quite feel the Time Loop was present except how bloody long your game is!!

- CONCEPT:
It was an OK concept. Liked the 8-directional shooting, added quite a bit for the challenge. Enemies could have had a better AI, but it was good enough. Game was quite fun at first, but tedious after a bit. Your levels were so long I started just running through them in the Japanese army and still they took long. Also, after a while there are no foot soldiers except the initial ones?

- PRESENTATION:
I liked the presentation a lot. I though the graphics blended in quite well and were good. I enjoyed how each army was depicted by different troops, tanks and the flags. I did not like how most times, when there were inaccessible areas, the ammo and repair kit would get in inaccessible positions, greatly damaging my ability to fight back. Also, did I mention how long your levels were? They seemed quite repetitive for a while, and contributed a lot for the overall tediousness of the game. Audio-wise I can't say the sound effects or background music really contributed to the game feel, but they didn't clash and they didn't get boring, so that's a plus!

- STORY:
I can't say you have a rich history, it's basically just "ARMY [insert army] IS NOW ON COMMAND! GO BACK IN TIME AND SAVE THE FUTURE!!". So this has to be a "Poor" for me. Sorry.

Overall I enjoyed the initial feeling of the game, but it got tedious rapidly. I just kept pushing on to defeat all armies.
I believe a bit more polish in some areas (and maybe ability to cooperate with friends or fight each other off?) would greatly contribute into making this a very good game (note: add more diversity as well, like not only vertical levels, tank upgrades, etc).[

Veggie Patch by Michael Bateman

- TIME LOOP:
Well, I'm going to consider the looping of the years as the Time Loop mechanics. If that is so, then it is a Good application of it., after all there is no better Time Loop than months!

- CONCEPT:
I think you have there a nice concept. Although farming / crop-based games have been used and abused in relatively recent times, you managed to deliver an unique approach to it (at least I haven't seen it before in a game like this) - which is the fact the several vegetables either grow or wither with the month you're in. That is a very good application of a farming game.

- PRESENTATION:
Graphics were good. Not super high-definition ones, but they certainly worked together. It also had a simple UI for vegetables and such, which was a bit rough around the edges, but managed to get things done. It's too bad you didn't get to add sounds to it.

- STORY:
N/A

Good Jam entry, I think you should take advantage of that growing/withering cycle you have to create a more mature version of the game. Maybe include seasons, day / night cycles where foxes can go and try to eat your veggies (hey, why not?) and stuff like that. Also, do add in sound, the game was fun to play as it is (even if it doesn't have much science, I managed to get rich quite easily) but a bit of sound would make it go that much further. Ohh, another thing that you might actually do was actually managing the markets you sell to, maybe there was a market a bit farther that you could sell for a higher price, but you'd have the transportation fees and crop wither to care about. Or maybe you could distribute to several different local markets and start growing your local lettuce monopoly!

DISCLAIMER: These are just my opinions, if you disagree shoot me a PM, I am a person after all and I make mistakes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reviews

Top 3:

Chronobreak by Ixlegraw
Excellent mechanics, graphics, concept and game-feel. It is extremely satisfying to kill things and rack up combos. New things are added over time, which makes it more interesting as you progress. Everything about playing this game makes it feel fun. I will be playing more of this.

I would like WASD controls as an option: my laptop has those dumb arrow keys that are too small to be useful. WASD is a lot easier.

End of Time by JacobV
Excellent job all around. The characters were cool and funny, the concept , art and gameplay were great. Good use of time loop and excellent presentation. The Wizard was fun and the effect when looping was really good. I think the story has significance and was really flushed out by the dialogue.

Major downfall though, the temple area ran really slowly, I think because of all the lighting. Also, the fireball attack rate was a little fast. Combat would need a bit more work probably, but I have no specific complaints. If the temple area was optimized, I would rate this much better. (EDIT: Just realized this ended up as second place so, maybe not.)

Will play more of this later. Maybe I can finish it!

Temporal Turmoil by Johnwo, Partysofa
Mechanic worked excellently. Also, puzzles were well done and clever.

I will probably play more of this one later.

Best ofs:

Best use of TIME LOOP: Chronomatic Aberration by Nallebeorn
Best Concept: Chronosseum by Aviox, AdamJD
Best Presentation: Chronobreak by Ixlegraw
Best Story: End of Time by JacobV
Best Devlog: The Game 2 by Misty

Full ranking:
The ones in the middle were all really close. So if you ranked between around 12 and 24 your ranking could've varied plus or minus 6 or so. I tried to rank based on the game itself more and less how I felt about the genre or whatever, but they're obviously just opinions. Rankings are not 100% accurate.

1. Chronobreak by Ixlegraw
  2. End of Time by JacobV
  3. Temporal Turmoil by Johnwo, Partysofa
  4. Chronomatic Aberration by Nallebeorn
  5. Fractured by Gizmo199
  6. Dante's Inferloop by Zombies Indie House
  7. Looping Lemmings by RekNepZ
  8. Chronosseum by Aviox, AdamJD
  9. Day Loop by PixelSquid
  10. End of Infinity by The M
  11. Wingman Paradox by ghandpivot
  12. Snekoes of the Past by Alice
  13. Time Bus by Snail Man
  14. Doomsday by FunkyB
  15. Time Trials by dj_midknight
  16. Dr. Benjamin R. Bonheur vs Mere Moments Ago by FredFrederickson, Sinaz20
  17. You vs Yourself by Freddy Jones
  18. Glitch in the Game by Ruhar
  19. 1201 by TheMatrixHasMe
  20. Veggie Patch by Michael Bateman
  21. Re-Loop by Dalesome
  22. Into Oblivion by Miner7365
  23. Time Tank by Team RedGold
  24. The Game 2 by Misty
  25. Trapped by matharoo
  26. One Minute by Lemth
  27. Caught In The Loop by dadio
  28. Time Trax by Mocgames998
  29. Daily Grind by Siolfor the Jackal
  30. Time Quest by BionicFrog
  31. Sanji's Time Warp Syndrome by Misu, Joel R
  32. Pressed For Time by K-BitCRUSH
  33. Treadmill by ASR
A few of the games were not ranked by me because for some reason or another they didn't work on my computer. I'll give it another try later, (and I'll play some updated versions people send me) but it's not really fair to rank a game based on anything other than the version originally submitted.

Comments:

1201 by TheMatrixHasMe

You clearly put effort into the story and dialogue. The game looked okay. Characters were good, but the powerups were sub-optimal. The dialogue could maybe have been cut down a little bit. Also, the time loop was really just a glorified timer, in the sense of gameplay. It was honestly just annoying to replay the game over and over again. It was obviously part of the story, but... Try to find out a way to implement the time loop that adds to the gameplay too.​

Caught In The Loop by dadio

You made me laugh at least.​

Chronobreak by Ixlegraw

Excellent mechanics, graphics, concept and game-feel. It is extremely satisfying to kill things and rack up combos. New things are added over time, which makes it more interesting as you progress. Everything about playing this game makes it feel fun. I will be playing more of this.

I would like WASD controls as an option: my laptop has those dumb arrow keys that are too small to be useful. WASD is a lot easier.​

Chronomatic Aberration by Nallebeorn

Good, well implemented mechanic. Time loop well implemented, and the puzzles are good.

The story is just sort of in there, which is fine, but I can't rate it high in the story department. Graphics decent (I like the butterflies) but not fantastic. Also, I couldn't find a level select. Final concern is that sometimes it was hard to click on things correctly, but that's a minor issue.

May play more of this later.​

Quite fun, but fairly tedius. The slime has too much health, after a few repeats it gets fairly boring. But a good concept and presentation otherwise. If there were more, easier enemies to fight it could be a lot better.

I didn't actually end up killing the slime.​

Daily Grind by Siolfor the Jackal

The most boring game I've ever played. I think you accomplished your goal.

I appreciate the message, but I can't rank it higher than this, as I don't really classify it as a game.​

Dante's Inferloop by Zombies Indie House

Presentation was fantastic. Visually and musically it was really fun.

Conceptually and Thematically... I feel like the 20 questions part was kind of pointless, (though cool to think about, which is why it's not ranked lower). Especially because the levels were so long I never actually looped. Also, I guess the first riddle based on the question options. I never used the time slowing effect.​

Day Loop by PixelSquid

Quite intriging. The random violence made no sense though, it seemed like it was there just to reset the game. I liked getting to solve a puzzle.​

Doomsday by FunkyB

Fun little shooting game. In general, the game-play was lackluster, but it was made up for in graphics. The clocks and roman numerals everywhere were fantastic.

Not a lot of content, but nice job in general.​

Dr. Benjamin R. Bonheur vs Mere Moments Ago by FredFrederickson, Sinaz20

Good graphics, and concept. The time loop mechanic was interesting. It showed you how to play well. Mostly the graphics were excellent. If there was sound and music it'd be way cooler. More feedback for hits (that's part of the sounds) would've been good. I'm also not a fan of that genre, but that's not your fault at all.

The title is awesome.

It crashed on me once. Forgot to copy the error message, sorry.​

End of Infinity by The M

I can't say much for your use of theme, but otherwise great game. It would be ranked higher if the time loop theme was implemented better.

The atmosphere and gameplay was quite good. It was like a tower defense game, but different and unique. I'd love to see more of this concept.

If you have a mode that randomly generated threads, I would play it more.​

End of Time by JacobV

Excellent job all around. The characters were cool and funny, the concept , art and gameplay were great. Good use of time loop and excellent presentation. The Wizard was fun and the effect when looping was really good. I think the story has significance and was really flushed out by the dialogue.

Major downfall though, the temple area ran really slowly, I think because of all the lighting. Also, the fireball attack rate was a little fast. Combat would need a bit more work probably, but I have no specific complaints. If the temple area was optimized, I would rate this much better.

Will play more of this later. Maybe I can finish it!​

Father Time by Team NumbatByte

Doesn't scale properly...

May try again later, but for now, I can't really give feedback on it.​

Fractured by Gizmo199

Nice visual style. I like the different colors and background.

Feedback was good. Overall, nice job. It reminded me of my game a little bit.​

Glitch in the Game by Ruhar

Enjoyable little game. The acapella (I assume) sounds were funny. The jumping was not very satisfying, trying making him jump further and higher if you hold the button down.​

Into Oblivion by Miner7365

"Welp"

Good choice of music and good story. But it wasn't really a game, and I pretty much just held down the right key the whole time.

Interesting, but not mind blowing.​

Looping Lemmings by RekNepZ

Good mechanic and concept.

However, the controls were sort of hard to get used to (not too bad, but I would've prefered to be able to click on options). Also, it was not clear what each block did. I couldn't figure out the third level: sometimes the bomb thing would explode and sometimes not. Also, fatal error if you left click on the bomb, might want to get that checked. :p

One Minute by Lemth

I'm finding it hard to come up with anything helpful to write about this one. It was fine in concept, but I didn't really like it. One thing is, the text was very hard to read and the whole graphic style in general was overwelming to me. It was also very hard to find everything I needed, and I know the point was to go through multiple times, but it still seems annoying to have to search for everything, because that's all you were doing, is searching.​

Pressed For Time by K-BitCRUSH

My highscore was 47. I only played for about 30 seconds, and I don't think you can blame me.​

Re-Loop by Dalesome

Woah what? I can't tell if that blew my mind or just confused me.
The 3D was quite good.

I rated it as overall good, but it's a little too short for me to say it was really good.

Also, sound and music would make a big difference, but I assume you just ran out of time.​

Sanji's Time Warp Syndrome by Misu, Joel R

I like the title, and what I can gather of the planned mechanics from the title.

Since you already know you didn't finish, I won't spare with the details. Nice start though!

Side note: Misu, every time I read your name, I can't help but say it out loud in a really high pitched voice. It's a mildly disturbing habit honestly.​

Snekoes of the Past by Alice

Good concept and use of time-loop theme. An interesting spin on snake. I liked the puzzle type levels. Good job.

Unfortunately, snake isn't actually that much fun to play, so it didn't keep my attention for very long. I only did a few levels. But major props for the concept and implementation.​

Space S by Wraithious

This one crashed shortly after I started. It threw an out of memory bug as well as I couldn't figure out how to actually start the game. I can't give feedback on this one.​

SpaceTime Havoc by rui.rosario

I ran into a few errors along the way, but I got enough to see the concept. The time reversal thing worked quite well. The game in general is fairly hard, specifically, turning around to shoot ships was something I could never figure out. OK overall, if I had more practice I might like it better.​

Mechanic worked excellently. Also, puzzles were well done and clever.

I will probably play more of this one later.​

The Game 2 by Misty

I liked the story and the concept. Ironic and funny, I appreciate it.

The lack of audio feedback made it annoying to play and I stopped after a few souls. In the realm of visual feedback, I almost died... it seems a little overboard. It was too chaotic to effectivly get a grip on my environment and I also couldn't figure out what was causing the time loop to happen.

The concept is there, but I feel like it needs some work.​

Time Bus by Snail Man

Extremely hard to control, but made more fun because of that. I like the tracks in the ground.​

Time Quest by BionicFrog

Pretty good player sprite and tiles.

The game failed to keep me interested for very long. The initial rooms at least were too big, they should've been smaller or had more things in them.

The time loop mechanic seemed sort of redundant. It wasn't a core part of the game, it was just a timer.​

I didn't get to the time loop part if there was one.

Good gameplayer, maybe lacking some game-feel, like explosions and impact. The sprites and tiles are good.​

Time Trax by Mocgames998

I commend you for doing 3D. The racing was pretty smooth and relatively easy to control.

I didn't see the time loop mechanic at all, but I didn't spend a lot of time on it. I'm not a fan of racing games in general, so maybe I'm biased, but I didn't find it very engaging. Partially, the acceleration seemed instantaneous, so it was a matter of not hitting something, and... that's pretty much it.​

Time Trials by dj_midknight

Good time loop and rewind effect. Background and music had a good effect.

A little slow and there wasn't really any level design. But decent job.​

Trapped by matharoo

Good concept and story. I feel like the player should move faster, it's annoying to walk so much down long hallways. (You could reduce the time limit to keep the game the same).​

Treadmill by ASR

Hard to jump properly over spikes. Speeding up is kind of pointless also. Doesn't have much to do with a time loop, just time. Was simply not very fun or interesting. The title is good for what it is, and I suppose that explains the speeding up thing.​

Growing Vegtables. Well executed for that. But "Time Loop" wasn't really there, as you're just moving forward in time.

It was quite boring... Once you had enough to pesticide every snail in a season it became waka-mole.​

Wingman Paradox by ghandpivot

Physics good, that seemed to be your focus on this game.

The Time Loop mechanic was all in the story. The time loop and the story are both not super interesting, but mostly because it has little to do with gameplay. A level select would help a lot. Albiet, I didn't play a lot. If there were things later, then I missed them. Apologies for that.​

You vs Yourself by Freddy Jones

Extremely good concept, I liked that all of the clones you made would keep jumping, giving you points. My only concern is that I couldn't figure out how to time it so that they don't overlap too much. This one could maybe go somewhere, but I'm not sure where...​

Last edited:
M

Misu

Of course! I am going to record my gaming experience from your horrible entries!
That is right! Not only am I reviewing your games by written, but also by video displaying them!

I mostly gonna be playing them and say crappy stuff but I will give a brief explanation at the end of each entry I play! And yes, there will be a much more extensive written version of the review that shows more formality! So get ready! I'm gonna make your life a living nightmare!

1st Place

2nd Place
End of Time by JacobV

3rd Place
End of Infinity by The M

Best use of Theme

Best use of Concept
Re-Loop by Dalesome

Best use of Presentation

Best use of Story
End of Infinity by The M

Best use of DevLog
End of Infinity by The M

Best use of Artwork

Best use of Sound

Best use of Borked!
Space S by Wraithious

REVIEWS (written)
PLAYTHROUGHS
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaZ9osJwsumEFCdJNb0pcmA

1. Dante’s Inferloop by Zombies Indie House

2. End of Time by JacobV

3. End of Infinity by The M

4. Fractured by Gizmo199

5. Chronosseum by Aviox, AdamJD

6. Temporal Turmoil by Johnwo, Partysofa

7. Trapped by Matharoo

8. Chronobreak by lxlegraw

9. Wingman Paradox by ghandpivot

10. Wrath of Stars by Cloaked Games

11. Chronomatic Aberration by Nallebeorn

12. Time Bus by Snail Man

13. Glitch in the Game by Ruhar

14. Snakoes of the Past by Alice

15. One Minute by Lemth

16. You vs Yourself by Freddy Jones

17. Dr. Benjamin R. Bonheur vs. Mere Moments Ago by FredFrederickson, Sinaz20

18. Time Trials by dj_midknight

19. Veggie Patch by Michael Bateman

20. 12:01 by TheMatrixHasMe

21. Re-Loop by Dalesome

22. Time Tank by Team RedGold

23. Doomsday by FunkyB

24. Time Quest by BionicFrog

25. Father by Team NumbatByte

26. Time Trax by Mocgames998

27. Looping Lemmings by RekNepZ

28. SpaceTime Havoc by rui.rosario

29. Into Oblivion by Miner7365

30. Day Loop by PixelSquid

31. The Game 2 by Misty

32. Pressed for Time by K-BitCRUSH

33. Treadmill by ASR

34. Daily Grind by Siolfor the Jackal

35. Caught in a Loop by Dadio

36. Space S by Wraithious

Last edited:

JacobV

Reviews

Top 3:

So far, this definitely felt like the most completed and polished game of the Jam. Complex gameplay mechanics, neat art, and intelligent level design - I would never guess this was made in 3 days!

This game was a ton of fun to play - only problem is, I suck at it. I got to the dominoes level before surrendering. But this was really, really good! It had a nice, upbeat feel which I really liked. The time loop didn't really come into play gameplaywise much, but its role in the story was an interesting take on the whole "get your own parents to meet up" thing you often see in time travel stories. A really great game!

Fractured by Gizmo199
This game's production value is insane. The time loop was very creative, and it had a sort of dreamlike ambience.

Best ofs:

Best use of TIME LOOP: ...
Best Concept: ...
Best Presentation: ...
Best Story: ...
Best Devlog: ...

Full ranking:

1. Temporal Turmoil by Johnwo, Partysofa
  2. Wingman Paradox by ghandpivot
  3. Fractured by Gizmo199
  4. Chronobreak by Ixlegraw
  5. End of Infinity by The M
  6. Wrath of Stars by Cloaked Games
  7. Re-Loop by Dalesome
  8. Dante's Inferloop by Zombies Indie House
  9. Chronomatic Aberration by Nallebeorn
  10. Chronosseum by Aviox, AdamJD
  11. Trapped by matharoo
  13. Into Oblivion by Miner7365
  14. Dr. Benjamin R. Bonheur vs Mere Moments Ago by FredFrederickson, Sinaz20
  15. Time Trials by dj_midknight
  16. One Minute by Lemth
  17. Glitch in the Game by Ruhar
  18. 1201 by TheMatrixHasMe
  19. Time Tank by Team RedGold
  20. Time Bus by Snail Man
  21. Pressed For Time by K-BitCRUSH
  22. Daily Grind by Siolfor the Jackal
  23. Doomsday by FunkyB
  24. Time Trax by Mocgames998
  25. The Game 2 by Misty
  26. Day Loop by PixelSquid
  27. Time Quest by BionicFrog
  28. Father Time by Team NumbatByte
  29. Treadmill by ASR
  30. You vs Yourself by Freddy Jones
  31. Sanji's Time Warp Syndrome by Misu, Joel R
  32. Caught In The Loop by dadio
  33. SpaceTime Havoc by rui.rosario
  34. Looping Lemmings by RekNepZ
  35. Space S by Wraithious

Comments:

Chronobreak by Ixlegraw

This game had a massive amount of polish; it looks and plays really well. My only criticism is that the player moves a bit slow; but the gameplay is fun and unique.

I can not, for the life of me, comprehend this game. I never made it past level 2! (Which seems to be a repeating theme for these games...)

I was really sad I didn't like this one as much, since I love boss fighting games. Unfortunately, this one just felt like it overstayed its welcome a bit. The idea and execution of having a bunch of yourself fighting the boss at once was awesome and definitely the best part of this; however the bosses got a bit repetetive after a while. It's more a battle of memorization, since they do the same thing every time. Graphics are nice, though the menu screen seemed a bit out of place. However, a great concept that I'd love to see be developed more.

I really liked how this game blurred the line between a time loop, and an actual daily grind, Nice job!

I was really looking forward to this entry...which is why I was disappointed when it started crashing all over the place! The visuals are great, the story is a hilarious idea,
and the combat seems fun, but unfortunately I never made it past the second wave. Maybe the time paradox broke my computer?

End of Infinity by The M

I'm honestly not a huge fan of tower defense games, but this was really well planned. There's a lot of strategy involved, it has a neat story, and there were lots of unique gameplay elements. A great game!

Fractured by Gizmo199

This game's production value is insane. The time loop was very creative, and it had a sort of dreamlike ambience.

One Minute by Lemth

This game was pretty neat, technically. The shadows and lighting were pretty cool, but as far as gameplay goes I didn't really love the whole "memorize the house" thing. That's just personal preference though.

This game was pretty basic, but I'm pretty sure that's what it was going for to begin with. It's really just a clicker game, with a timer. I didn't feel the time loop was really even a part of it, or at least wasn't something I really noticed. Criricism out of the way, though, the presentation is great! I liked the sound, the visuals were cool and suited the game, and everything is well polished.

This game made me feel sad for some reason. The muted colors, depressed-looking sprites, and music just made this sort of melancholy atmosphere. The gameplay is really solid, I like the time shadow things who add an extra challenge. The problem is, I really, really suck :p

So far, this definitely felt like the most completed and polished game of the Jam. Complex gameplay mechanics, neat art, and intelligent level design - I would never guess this was made in 3 days!

The Game 2 by Misty

I think this game is what insanity feels like. There's clearly a lot of effort here, but I can't comprehend it enough to get very far...

I love the concept of this game; travelling back in time in a futuristic tank to destroy Nazis? How could it go wrong? However, the gameplay felt a bit lacking, which was really unfortunate. I found very quickly that dodging stuff isn't really worth it, since your hitbox is huge and there are so many bullets. It felt a bit odd that the high-tech future tank had the same weaponry and speed as the WW2-era tanks. Ultimately I ended up just rushing past most of the enemies to reach the next level. Visuals are okay, but I think it could have benefited from a few effects.

Trapped by matharoo

I liked the game's story, and the time loop was great. I wasn't a huge fan of the gameplay, though; it felt slow, and damage-race-ey.

This game was a ton of fun to play - only problem is, I suck at it. I got to the dominoes level before surrendering. But this was really, really good! It had a nice, upbeat feel which I really liked. The time loop didn't really come into play gameplaywise much, but its role in the story was an interesting take on the whole "get your own parents to meet up" thing you often see in time travel stories. A really great game!

This game was pretty eh, in my opinion. There wasn't really any time loop or story, and the gameplay felt a bit repetetive.

Last edited:

ghandpivot

Ghandpivot's votes

First batch of reviews
(as per usual the first batch will have some issues with the audio levels as well as some wonky english):

Matharoo, Gizmo199, PixelSquid, Aviox, AdamJD, Mizu, Joel R

Second batch of reviews
(The first game apparently didn't record properly for some reason):
Lemth, Ixlegraw, Freddy Jones, Team NumbatByte, BionicFrog, Wraithious

Third batch of reviews
JacobV, Dj_midknight, Dalesome, RekNepZ

Fourth batch of reviews
TheMatrixHasMe, Ruhar, Misty, Rui.rosario, Nallebeorn

Fifth batch of reviews
Zombies Indie House, Team RedGold

Sixth batch of reviews
TheM, Johnwo & Partysofa

Seventh batch of reviews
FredFrederickson & Sinaz20, Michael Bateman, Cloaked Games, Dadio, Siolfor the Jackal, FunkyB, k-BitCRUSH

Eight batch of reviews
Mocgames998, Miner7365, Alice, Snail Man

Rankings:
2. End of Time by JacobV
3. Chronosseum by Aviox, AdamJD

4. Dante's Inferloop by Zombies Indie House
5. Chronobreak by Ixlegraw
6. End of Infinity by TheM
7. Chronomatic Aberration by Nallebeorn
8. Time Bus by Snail Man
9. Snekoes of the Past by Alice
10. Dr. Benjamin R. Bonheur vs Mere Moments Ago by FredFrederickson, Sinaz20
11. Time Tank by Team RedGold
12. The Game 2 by Misty
14. Time Trax by Mocgames998
15. One Minute by Lemth
16. Time Trials by dj_midknight
17. Wrath of Stars by Cloaked Games
18. Veggie Patch by Michael Bateman
19. Into Oblivion by Miner7365
20. SpaceTime Havoc by rui.rosario
21. 1201 by TheMatrixHasMe
22. Looping Lemmings by RekNepZ
23. Daily Grind by Siolfor the Jackal
24. Doomsday by FunkyB
25. Re-Loop by Dalesome
26. Trapped by matharoo
27. Day Loop by PixelSquid
28. Fractured by Gizmo199
29. Pressed For Time by K-BitCRUSH
30. Sanji's Time Warp Syndrome by Misu, Joel R
31. Father Time by Team NumbatByte
32. You vs Yourself by Freddy Jones
33. Time Quest by BionicFrog
34. Space S by Wraithious
35. Treadmill by ASR
36. Caught In The Loop by dadio

Last edited:

The M

Well, what do you know. I did it after all. Now for all the "important" stuff that I've postponed. :)

Reviews

Top 3:

Fractured by Gizmo199
Chronobreak by Ixlegraw

Best ofs:

Best Concept: Chronosseum by Aviox, AdamJD
Best Story: Wingman Paradox by ghandpivot
Best Devlog: Dr. Benjamin R. Bonheur vs Mere Moments Ago by FredFrederickson, Sinaz20

Full ranking:
  1. Fractured by Gizmo199
  2. Chronosseum by Aviox, AdamJD
  3. Chronobreak by Ixlegraw
  4. Temporal Turmoil by Johnwo, Partysofa
  5. Wrath of Stars by Cloaked Games
  6. Wingman Paradox by ghandpivot
  7. Chronomatic Aberration by Nallebeorn
  8. Trapped by matharoo
  9. Glitch in the Game by Ruhar
  10. Snekoes of the Past by Alice
  11. End of Time by JacobV
  12. 1201 by TheMatrixHasMe
  13. Day Loop by PixelSquid
  14. Dante's Inferloop by Zombies Indie House
  15. Daily Grind by Siolfor the Jackal
  16. One Minute by Lemth
  17. Doomsday by FunkyB
  18. Into Oblivion by Miner7365
  19. Dr. Benjamin R. Bonheur vs Mere Moments Ago by FredFrederickson, Sinaz20
  20. Time Tank by Team RedGold
  21. You vs Yourself by Freddy Jones
  22. Veggie Patch by Michael Bateman
  23. Looping Lemmings by RekNepZ
  24. Time Trax by Mocgames998
  25. Pressed For Time by K-BitCRUSH
  26. Father Time by Team NumbatByte
  27. Time Quest by BionicFrog
  28. Time Bus by Snail Man
  29. The Game 2 by Misty
  30. SpaceTime Havoc by rui.rosario
  31. Time Trials by dj_midknight
  32. Re-Loop by Dalesome
  33. Sanji's Time Warp Syndrome by Misu, Joel R
  34. Treadmill by ASR
  35. Space S by Wraithious

Comments:
1201 by TheMatrixHasMe

- Gameplay: 42/61
- Graphics: 14/20
- Audio: 4/10
- Bonus: 5/9
- Total: 65/100

I think this might be the first time I see a jam game as a novel/movie adaptation so that's cool (just a shame you left it with a cliffhanger :)). I think the game was fine, if confusing and you had to do a lot of trial and error to find the way to go. Perhaps increasing how much the view shows ahead of you could improve this.

- Gameplay: 14/61
- Graphics: 7/20
- Audio: 0/10
- Bonus: 1/9
- Total: 22/100

I give you some points because the game actually does something (and whatever it does kind of works from a technical view I guess) but really, it doesn't count as following the theme if there's no gameplay.

Chronobreak by Ixlegraw

- Gameplay: 48/61
- Graphics: 19/20
- Audio: 8/10
- Bonus: 8/9
- Total: 83/100

Two things keep this game from being the best one. The first is the lack of challenge or more specifically progression. The game does get increasingly hard but only to a point and that point is reached too soon, especially if you board clear every time enemies starts stacking up. The second issue is the confusing start. Yes, there's the manual but this kind of mechanic is too complex to be easily described in words. I'd have liked a tutorial screen in-game.

With that out of the way, I think this is a brilliant game with good visual and audio design and satisfying gameplay. The time loop was also really clever. I wish there was online highscore so you could compare your results with others.

- Gameplay: 45/61
- Graphics: 15/20
- Audio: 5/10
- Bonus: 8/9
- Total: 73/100

The game was well-made and the time loop mechanic was really cleverly done. It was a bit frustrating to get the right object selected and sometimes also to get the time loop good enough (the carrot/bunny was pretty harsh) so maybe do something about that. I think the graphics were good, though I'd suggest against the blurry outline on the text as it's a bit hard to read. I'd also change the background of the area outside the stage to the hedge color instead of grass to make it look less like an empty space. Was the ending rushed? You just introduced the bunny so I expected at least one more level with it since it was such an interesting thing.

- Gameplay: 51/61
- Graphics: 19/20
- Audio: 7/10
- Bonus: 7/9
- Total: 84/100

I really liked the idea to fight a boss using multiple iterations of yourself. The game was polished and the opening was really impressive, gameplay was fun. I think it could have been even better if the gameplay was a bit more intense with more of a run and gun feel rather than taking turns to attack. Being invulnerable when dodging would support this. When the first boss died I was hoping for another and given how jam games are usually fairly limited, it was a nice surprise to see you deliver on that.

- Gameplay: 36/61
- Total: 61/100

This was a pretty cool experience and a well-made game. Unfortunately, menial tasks are about as fun in this game as they are in real life and without any progress I'd rather do them for real. There were some nice music on that radio, made me wish there were some during the other parts too.

- Gameplay: 40/61
- Total: 63/100

It's weird because I think the game looks more fun that it is and I have a hard time figuring out why. I think it's a really cool game and mechanics work well but it gets a bit repetitive when you have to beat a stage over and over again to solve a riddle, on top of the times you lose.

I also think the graphics are a bit boring. Don't get me wrong, I think the game looks great, but it feels disconnected somehow. It might be because you're made out of seperate circles or it's something more general about things just being outlines. I can't tell. Maybe adding speed lines on top of the shadow images would help?

Day Loop by PixelSquid

- Gameplay: 47/61
- Graphics: 11/20
- Bonus: 6/9
- Total: 64/100

The game was very atmospheric and was fun to play. I think some of the menus could have been polished a bit more and you died a bit too often, but that's on a personal note. The ending was clever and creepy.

Doomsday by FunkyB

- Gameplay: 40/61
- Bonus: 4/9
- Total: 59/100

The game was nice and worked well. I think the graphics, while good, were very generic and didn't work that well together. The gameplay was fine and while I got confused at first, I could find out what to do by playing. It got straining to play after a while because I realised that charging up bullets weren't worth the time it took and started to spam the mouse button. Fortunately, the game reached its end before that would become a real issue.

- Gameplay: 36/61
- Graphics: 18/20
- Total: 58/100

Game looks fantastic but lacks gameplay. The novelty quickly wears off after a few loops and the combat felt a bit unpolished. I think the concept neat and the menu screen was really exciting.

End of Time by JacobV

- Gameplay: 41/61
- Graphics: 16/20
- Audio: 3/10
- Total: 65/100

I'm impressed by how ambitious the game was and the amount of content. I also feel the core mechanics of moving and jumping would have benefited from a bit more tweaking. Landing on edges was particularly bad and often led to unnecessary damage. The time loop mechanic was neat but got a little annoying towards the end where I had to do a lot of stuff over and over to progress as it got harder and more punishing. I think saving the red tones for the last few seconds rather than the whole last minute would have made it a little easier to get things done during that time.

- Gameplay: 32/61
- Graphics: 12/20
- Total: 52/100

The premise of the game was cool and the intro was well-made. The gameplay, however, was boring and quickly got repetitive to the point where I eventually quit. I liked how you could select different missions on the timeline but you could only choose the first time around and it didn't really matter what you chose in the end.

Fractured by Gizmo199

- Gameplay: 49/61
- Graphics: 18/20
- Audio: 9/10
- Bonus: 9/9
- Total: 85/100

This game was incredible. It looked great, was really atmospheric and challenging. It had some problems; it was very confusing in the beginning when I didn't know what to do or what my goal was and the ending was a bit lackluster (would have liked to see a great panorama with all the ships flying around). There were also some issues where I felt I wasn't in control, either because I spawned in a bad place or because I couldn't see the other ships coming. I'd recommend testing the game with a static camera where you can see the whole screen (and with some highligt at where you spawn) and see if that makes it more fair.

- Gameplay: 44/61
- Total: 68/100

I liked your take on the theme as it was something that didn't just loop the player back in time but rather the world or the enemies. The game looked fine and there was a good amount of variety. Some issues I had was the lack of health regeneration (which led to a frustrating boss fight) and hard to see bullets (which also led to a frustrating boss fight). Other than that, I think the game was good, though I'd suggest testing with a sped up player and see if that could be even more interesting.

- Gameplay: 39/61
- Total: 59/100

Wow, that was depressing. It was cool, but more of a visual novel than a game as there wasn't much for the player to do. I would also suggest making the camera show more of what's ahead rather than what's behind the character. I liked how atmospheric it was though, the music really added to the feeling of loneliness.

- Gameplay: 35/61
- Total: 53/100

The game was pretty decent but the controls and slow pace made it a bit awkward to play. I think the core idea was great but many of the levels didn't really use it and many of them were mostly big empty rooms. I think the game would have benefited from a fast forward button and a way to restart without clearing all blocks you've placed.

One Minute by Lemth

- Gameplay: 38/61
- Total: 61/100

The game feels complete but isn't that interesting. It was a fun concept to come up with a way to do all the tasks in just the right order but it quickly grew tiresome. A map showing where to go and a bit tighter controls could make it a bit less frustrating to navigate the mansions (I'm pretty sure the guy know how to get to Sam's room anyways).

- Gameplay: 29/61

This was more of a tool than a game but it worked well and looked good. I think you could have made clicking a bit more satisfying, for example by adding sound effects and visual effects like particles where you click. I liked the visual style but I'll probably never use this thing again.

Re-Loop by Dalesome

- Gameplay: 24/61
- Bonus: 3/9
- Total: 39/100

I have no idea what I just played. The game looked cool at first but then it seemed the whole 'game' part was mostly missing. Then it ended and I got even more confused. As a tech demo it's very impressive and I could see a lot of cool things being done with the engine.

- Gameplay: 23/61
- Total: 38/100

So, yeah. The game is unfinished and it shows. What's there's pretty nice but there's not a whole lot to it. Running shoes would have been nice because walking around the island was really slow.

- Gameplay: 42/61
- Total: 68/100

The game felt both unique and solid and felt almost complete. You werent kidding when you said there were levels missing. I wouldn't have minded if there were only a few but all the empty filler levels got tedious (yes, I know you could skip them). The music selection was fine but the goal sound effect hurt my ears. All in all it was a good game and a great use of the theme.

Space S by Wraithious

- Gameplay: 17/61
- Graphics: 7/20
- Total: 29/100

It looks like this game tries to do a lot but doesn't really do any of it well. The text in the menu would be fine if it didn't blend into the buttons and the intro once the game starts is incredibly slow and was very confusing as I didn't know what to do to proceed. Once I got to actual gameplay the game crashed on me. It was a nice attempt but I'd suggest scaling down in scope for next time.

- Gameplay: 28/61
- Total: 43/100

The game worked fine but the mechanics need some tweaking to make it fun to play. Right now enemies are way more powerful than the player, to the point where turning to engage enemies is suicide. That doesn't make for a very entertaining experience and the best way to survive was to hide and let the enemies fly into asteroids. To improve the game I'd suggest improving maneouverability for the player (turning speed and top speed) and perhaps add some shields or something so that you can survive a few hits.

- Gameplay: 54/61
- Total: 83/100

It's kind of the standard time loop concept of clones doing what you do but it's really well executed. The game was fun and felt polished and complete. One small issue I had was the font choice, or rather the coloring which made the text a bit hard to read. Another minor issue was that the graphics blended together, especially the target buttons were hard to see. Other than those things, I think this was one of my favorites so far.

The Game 2 by Misty

- Gameplay: 31/61
- Graphics: 9/20
- Total: 43/100

The problem with time loops that spans over several minutes is that it get increasingly frustrating to run out of time the further you get. I couldn't tell if the game was good, bad or just wanted to troll me as both graphics and gameplay were of very varying quality, though I can say all the coin grinding got annoying. There was a surprisingly high amount of content and like I said, some of it was actually pretty good.

Time Bus by Snail Man

- Gameplay: 26/61
- Total: 45/100

I found the controls of the bus to be really frustrating because of how slippery it was. It looked to me as if the direction the bus was facing wasn't neccessarily the way it was going and it often threw me off guard. The theme use felt very basic but I guess it worked.

Time Quest by BionicFrog

- Gameplay: 31/61
- Audio: 2/10
- Total: 49/100

The game was confusing. At first I didn't know where to go or how attacking or interacting worked, then I realised that the circle damaged enemies and (accidentally) that the balls could be activated if you stood in the right place. Armed with this knowledge I eventually beat the game. It's nice, if a bit rough. I think you should concentrate the rooms into smaller, more interesting areas instead of huge empty fields where the only challenge comes from finding the wall with a door.

- Gameplay: 33/61
- Audio: 6/10
- Total: 57/100

The game was interesting and worked fairly well. However, it got repetitive quickly as the level mostly reused areas and the next levels were merely reskins of the first. As a result I played through the first, sped through the second and quit on the third. Other than that it felt like a solid entry with good graphics and sound effects.

Time Trax by Mocgames998

I think the idea to force the player to redo a lap until an objective was cleared is better on paper than in practice because it gets too repetitive and takes from the fun. The game was pretty cool, though I'd have liked to see some more varied tracks to race on.

- Gameplay: 25/61
- Graphics: 9/20
- Total: 42/100

I feel there were some neat ideas in there but the excecution was done poorly. At first it was confusing what to do and how the room flipping mechanic worked (did I control it somehow, was it time based, which way would it turn?) but I mostly worked it out eventually. Then things crashed on the second level.

Like I said, there were some nice design ideas in there, I think that the parts where you walked in a corridor and suddenly had to climb it as a tower were cool but other parts where a corridor would become an impossibly tall wall were less interesting because you could do nothing but wait.

Trapped by matharoo

- Gameplay: 47/61
- Graphics: 13/20
- Audio: 8/10
- Total: 73/100

You'd suppose that if he's only got ten seconds he'd at least run. Slow movements aside, the game's good: it feels polished and complete. It did feel a bit bland and stale at times, I'd have liked to see a bit more variation to the stages rather than just mazes to clear on time. The intro was really neat by the way.

Treadmill by ASR

- Gameplay: 22/61
- Graphics: 10/20
- Total: 36/100

The game looked interesting at first but the wonky physics and lack of feedback was off-putting. The spikes also seemed to be a bit buggy.

- Total: 55/100

Lack of sound aside, I think this was a well-made game. The mechanics worked well and it was fun to gauge what crops I should focus on to maximaize profit. I have two issues with the game. The first is the lack of information: you can't tell when a crop should be planted and have to do it by trial and error. There's also very little feedback on your actions (you don't get paid immediately after selling a crop for example) which makes things confusing. The second issue I have with the game is the lack of a long-term goal. Once I've unlocked all crops there's just no point in continuing and I want a reason to keep playing!

- Gameplay: 50/61
- Total: 76/100

The game was impressive and had a surprisingly high amount of content. I think the physics worked well though I felt like I sometimes didn't have as much control (or that my actions didn't have as much effect) as I'd have liked to. Both audio and graphics were good but felt a bit lacking. I'd have liked a few more sound effects when moving though a level and a few visual things to make the scene more dynamic. The concept of reuniting your parents was a funny take on the theme and it works well.

As a side note, I couldn't beat the game because the time machine wouldn't work in the last level.

Wrath of Stars by Cloaked Games

- Gameplay: 48/61
- Total: 77/100

I enjoyed this game, it was great! There was a decent amount of content and it wsa nice to see new stuff every now and then, though the last mission got a bit tedious. I think the controls could have been tighter as it was a bit hard to maneuvre the ship (especially anything that had to do with turning/aiming). The interface felt great too and was really useful.

- Gameplay: 34/61
- Graphics: 13/20
- Total: 56/100

The game was ok. It feels very basic and simple which isn't necessarily bad (at least it does what it does well, which can't be said about all games) but some more variation and effects would have been nice. Oh yeah, it was nice that clones that walked out on the right looped back in on the left.

Last edited:
M

Misty

Ok I'm gonna be the 9th voter.

misty's reviews
1. End of Infinity
2. Trapped
3. Temporal Turmoil

Reviews

Top 3:

<End of Infinity

<Trapped

<Temporal Turmoil

Best ofs:

Best use of TIME LOOP: Temporal Turmoil ...
Best Concept: Temporal Turmoil ...
Best Presentation: Chronoseum ...
Best Story: Trapped ...
Best Devlog: Misty ...

Full ranking:

Comments:

1201 by TheMatrixHasMe

No instructions, long forced wait intro. Seemed ok, but nothing spectacular.

..uhh troll game. Not much to do.

Chronobreak by Ixlegraw

Another game i had no idea of what i was doing. Not a big fan of forced readmes and games that are unintuitive. I read the readme and still had no idea what I was doing. Something to do with the X chrono-zone i guess. Game seemed empty just empty space. A tutorial/story would have been nice.

Got stuck on the 2nd level and had no idea what I was doing. Gonna rate it great simply because it had a really good game feel.

Looked pretty dang cool, but had a fatal flaw. Time loops were measured by the "goods" and not actual set amount. So in order to beat the game, you do bad on purpose, so it doesn't make you run out of goods. The easiest way to beat the level is to try hard the first few tries, then stand in one spot and die over and again, because the game punishes you for doing well against the boss( makes you run out of goods.)

Philosophical.

Cool. Too hard though

Day Loop by PixelSquid

No pics, so low rating.

Doomsday by FunkyB

Physics were too basic and had lame gamefeel. Some of the graphics were nice.

Good graphics but the fighting was very rigid. Combat wasn't too good.

End of Time by JacobV

Uh...nowhere to go.

Uh...ok i guess.

Fractured by Gizmo199

Had no idea what I was doing, but game seemed godly in terms of presentation. No instructions or readme, so game gets marked down for that.

Good game feel, kind of like castle crashers with bad graphics. Cons of it was it saves you at checkpoints with low health, so you get stuck with low health and can't win the game.

troll game. plagued by linear gameplay.

Got a fatal error. No instructions or any idea what i was doing, but it had a cool retro feel.

One Minute by Lemth

Graphics were really cool but no idea what i was doing. Game also creeped me out.

Uh....clicking as many times as you can? Um, lol.

Re-Loop by Dalesome

I don't get it. Graphics were neat though.

Overall I started this game didn't know what I was doing. There was no words story or instructions, just wandering around town aimless not knowing what to do.

Pros were it was a good snake clone. Cons was it was too hard.

Space S by Wraithious

Just was wandering around aimlessly. It reminded me of metroid though, which was good.

Garb. Got a stack overflow error too.

godly

The Game 2 by Misty

Best game of the gmc jam in my opinion. There is a version out now that even has sound.

Time Bus by Snail Man

Good music and cool game concept. Steering didnt have enough traction and was too hard to control. The controls were really godawful, on a second play I noticed why it was so hard to control, because the buses only rotate in intervals of 30' degrees, you cannot smoothly steer the bus.

Time Quest by BionicFrog

Pretty basic. No story gives me no reason to tread onward.

Graphics good, gameplay ok, map a bit repetitive, didn't have a sense of real progression.

Time Trax by Mocgames998

Pros - fast paced racing. Cons - terrible collisions, bad graphics and no curves.

Plain graphics and gameplay. Not much flavor.

Trapped by matharoo

godly

Treadmill by ASR

troll game. moving on

Not violent enough for my standards, lost interest. Moving on.

Probably a winner because of the presentation is legit. But the third level was way too hard so it gets a downrate for that.

Ok I guess.

I don't get it.

Last edited:
L

Lemth

Reviews

Top 3:

Liked this a lot. Final level was just too much for me and thus Cat gave up and Dude died. I actually beat the dev on level 10 and level 14. Felt good!

Really interesting and fun puzzle game. Well put together, good learning curve, good level design. Very well done introduction that was really funny.

Good use of time loop. Great concept. Very good presentation and an awesome story to tie it all together!

End of Infinity by The M
Thanks for playing! Well, you're welcome.

Enjoyed it a lot.

The time loop was in form of story; which was a good story. Concept was a very interesting story heavy versitile tower defense with good presentation.

Heh. That was the 304th time! (clear the game)

Fun narattion. Was fun to play with physics but some (jumping on rope / ball that was moving too fast(!) were pretty annoying.

Interesting take on the time loop. Cool concept. Decent presentation and variations. Story was a nice touch.

Best ofs:

Best use of TIME LOOP: Temporal Turmoil by Johnwo, Partysofa
Best Concept: Wingman Paradox by ghandpivot
Best Presentation: End of Infinity by The M
Best Story: Temporal Turmoil by Johnwo, Partysofa

Full ranking:

2. End of Infinity by The M
  3. Wingman Paradox by ghandpivot
  4. End of Time by JacobV
  5. Chronomatic Aberration by Nallebeorn
  6. Chronobreak by Ixlegraw
  7. Trapped by matharoo
  8. Dante's Inferloop by Zombies Indie House
  9. Fractured by Gizmo199
  10. Chronosseum by Aviox, AdamJD
  11. Veggie Patch by Michael Bateman
  12. Wrath of Stars by Cloaked Games
  13. Dr. Benjamin R. Bonheur vs Mere Moments Ago by FredFrederickson, Sinaz20
  14. Snekoes of the Past by Alice
  15. Time Trax by Mocgames998
  16. 1201 by TheMatrixHasMe
  17. Time Tank by Team RedGold
  18. The Game 2 by Misty
  19. Time Bus by Snail Man
  20. Time Trials by dj_midknight
  21. Daily Grind by Siolfor the Jackal
  22. Re-Loop by Dalesome
  23. Glitch in the Game by Ruhar
  24. Doomsday by FunkyB
  25. Into Oblivion by Miner7365
  26. Day Loop by PixelSquid
  27. Space S by Wraithious
  28. Sanji's Time Warp Syndrome by Misu, Joel R
  29. You vs Yourself by Freddy Jones
  30. Time Quest by BionicFrog
  31. Caught In The Loop by dadio
  32. Looping Lemmings by RekNepZ
  33. Father Time by Team NumbatByte
  34. Pressed For Time by K-BitCRUSH
  35. Treadmill by ASR
  36. SpaceTime Havoc by rui.rosario

Comments:

1201 by TheMatrixHasMe

Got and read the eggs, newspapers, talked to park girl and phone lady, jumped in front of a car, and am now at the credits (which are sometimes cut of due to screen size.)

The score cycling with enter was unexpected so I just kept clicking with mouse at first.

Good use of time loop! Interesting concept, presentation is decent and story is what it's all about here.

Very literal take on theme.

Chronobreak by Ixlegraw

Final score: 658/658. x22. 0 combo. Needed the Readme to figure out that you can hold X. But after that it went fine.

Holy 💩💩💩💩 the gamefeel for this game is REALLY good! everything; screenshake, colors, music. Feel like this mechanic combined with this feel can potentially do well in many different genres!

Not really doing a time loop, but definatly related. Concept is good, presentation very good. Story in not available.

I really liked playing this game. But getting stuck for the so-many-est time got very frustrating.

The concept was hard to grasp, but once I understood what it was capable of the levels went on quite easily, though I didn't play it until the end due to getting stuck many times (especailly on corners it seemed like.)

Time loop was very well done with sound and everything. Concept is great, presentation.. well, the getting stuck issue was a big downside. Story not sure.

The end, thanks for playing. You're welcome.

Was fun game, but felt a bit like a grind since just shooting a starting arrow and dying didn't feel less effective than surviving for long. Second boss has a multiple throw attack which could be dodged by standing in upper right corner and shooting multiple darts at him.

Ok time loop. Interesting concept. Nice presentation and a cute backstory.

Did it twice just to see if anything could be different. Wel...

The tracks and roadrage was fun. But who in their right mind brushes teeth and then goes to have coffee? Yuck, worst tasting coffee ever? So I just didn't brush teeth the second day! Also wrote a Rhianna song while at work.

Good use of theme. Concept is lacking. Presentation is ok and the story is one most can relate to at some point in their lives.

First one only got round the clock once.. second level was easier (on the ground) and got a Correct after naming our favorite Duck.

These type of runners/flappybird mixes are horrible for me. But I tried. The sped up sound was really well done.

Interesting take on theme. Fun concept, presentation was good. Story wasn't the main focus.

Day Loop by PixelSquid

I RESET it.

Simple options selection game.

Time loop/ spam all buttons (couldn't find the letter T though, so I just started guessing the code.) Concept is simple. Presentation a bit lacking with just white on black text. Story was interesting enough to start reading it.

Doomsday by FunkyB

I figured out only halfway through that WASD was move. But it didn't matter much; positioned myself in bottomright corner and took mouse with two hands and spammed leftmouse and much as I can.

Interesting take on the time loop.

Concept is understandable. Presentation could use some work; same as story element.

Got up to four copies.

Game looks very nice; tutorial and controls seem fine; was difficult to figure out that you had to enter the time machine.

Time loop is there? or is it just increasing enemies. Concept seems fine. Presentation was lacking sound. Story not so much there.

End of Infinity by The M

Thanks for playing! Well, you're welcome.

Enjoyed it a lot.

The time loop was in form of story; which was a good story. Concept was a very interesting story heavy versitile tower defense with good presentation.

End of Time by JacobV

Thought I got it on the third try to only find out that the fire levels was so long without any save points. At the sixth try I got to the guy in the fire basement saying something about "...doomed..." and then the timer was up. Perhaps I'll try it again at a later time.

Look and feel of the game was very nice. Sometimes spaces were a bit too dark (there's a difference between difficulty through vision or just completely obscuring places and the red effect might even be a tad too strong near the end. But good fun.

Perfect use of theme. Nice concept. Good presentation and great story!

Perhaps I didn't understand it. But everytime the wiping out glitches failed. Sometimes because one spawned on the edge of screen and I couldn't click it. But last one I counted them and got 9 of them and still failed.

If game is not understandable it becomes less fun.

Concept not clear. Presentation lacking. Story looked nice. Menu screen is direct rip from the Asset store.

Fractured by Gizmo199

Passed the 35/35 level. Didn't use shield at all and tried to avoid the red boosts because they almost all of the time made the ship uncontrollable.

Nice atmosphere. Result of all ships is nice to look at. Explosions kind of disrupt the calm atmosphere. Also difficult to see which ship you are controlling at spawn.

Good use of loops. Nice concept. Pretty presentation and good introction of shield; though lacking story/guidance beyond that.

I shot the guys I shot the duck. Was there anything I missed?

The glitch effect looks very nice and overal controls work quite well.

Time loop is there with nice glitch effect. Concept seems vague. Presentation could use some more content same as story.

Interesting.

It pains me that nothing else can be done than hold right key; but there was a nice atmosphere with story, graphics, and music. And I appreciate that.

Time loop was there. Concept has potention. Presentation was good and story was ok.

I started clicking and got fatal error. Tried again; same thing.

of Mouse Event for Glob Left Pressed
for object obj_con:

Variable <unknown_object>.y(1, -2147483648) not set before reading it.
at gml_Object_obj_con_Mouse_53
############################################################################################

Time loop appeared to be there. The concept (lemming + time loop) seems fine! Presentation would be nicer without crashes. Story not required for lemmings.

One Minute by Lemth

My own game. The absolute worst. Got 36 loops already.

32 was most I could get.

Not much to say. For what it does on the can it does absolutely that.

There's a loop. And clicking. Lots of clicking. Concept simple. Presentation (for such a simple something) was very nice!, story.

Re-Loop by Dalesome

Ok. So all drawers appear to be empty and fridge too. Look through left window and die. Then game ends when I walk back and see myself. Then try right window and reloop and then door is locked and suddenly I look through left window and game crashes again?

3D looks very nice; though cubes as characters is a bit simple I think.

There was definatly some time loop going on. Concept looks fun. Nice use of 3D! Presentation was lacking; no sound, and of course a crashing game. Story was missing.

I felt like watching a silent movie.

Not sure what was supposed to happen. At the very least I threw some rocks at some poor couple at the beach, but that's all I could find.

Time loop not there as far as I could see? Concept vague. Presentation; pokemon. Story; it's there, but perhaps unfinished?

Did some of the main levels until the message appeared that some were incomplete. Also tried survival. I am the worst at snake. Even at the low speed it was still to fast. (feel so 'jumpy')

It looked nice; the idea is nice and it worked as expected. Good one.

Good use of loops. Concept was clear. Presentation decent. Story not available.

Space S by Wraithious

So. After the longest intro ever; and explosions; I just left the application on and after a few minutes arrived on a planet. went through some doors and found what I can only imagine was an orb. Then I came near a rock barrier and wanted to equip the pickaxe, but on pressing escape (instead of back) the game crashed.

Idea seems fun. but the whole repeating rooms worked a bit disorientating and franctly, boring.

Time loop not sure. Concept seems fun along with the story. Presentation could use some work; make it more engaging for the player.

Ok. Twice I got stack overflow error and game crashed. After figuring out how it played I got till 1350 points before dying (relooping-and dying again.)

Fun asteroids game with sand of time effect.

Rewinds powers are there concept is good. Presentation lacking graphics or sound. Story not available, you just get flung into the game.

Liked this a lot. Final level was just too much for me and thus Cat gave up and Dude died. I actually beat the dev on level 10 and level 14. Felt good!

Really interesting and fun puzzle game. Well put together, good learning curve, good level design. Very well done introduction that was really funny.

Good use of time loop. Great concept. Very good presentation and an awesome story to tie it all together!

The Game 2 by Misty

I have no idea what I did or had to do. It was crazy. But in a good way.

Took me ages to figure out that J was jump. Perhaps make that space next time? or W or arrow up? or something a bit more standard.

Time loop. no idea. Concept. I killed stuff and bought yoghurt, so there's that. Presentation. Simultaniously good and bad. Story. Don't know.

Time Bus by Snail Man

Got 14 score.

The controls felt unbearable, but the repeating motion was done really well.

Time loop was there, concept is good start. Presentation could use some work in form of gamefeel. Story is also something you can look into.

Time Quest by BionicFrog

I got the shield, got the potion, found some red balls, and the game crashed once I reached the bottom foor with a big dog.

It's a good start; portals felt a bit wonkey because sometimes I walked through them and immediatly got ported back. Also sometimes I got extra time without walking on a hourglass?

The time loop is there. Concept is ok. Presentation could be better and story is lacking.

Now, go do something else. Well ok. At some point I just started driving past everything and using leftmouse for flags I couldn't drive over and ignore all tanks.

There was one choke point that cost me most of my lives but with 1 live left and about 9000 points I reached the end of plumpf.

Strange time loop. Concept is interesting, presentation needs some tweaking but it looks nice. Story is not too strong. Same tanks and units in every age.

Time Trax by Mocgames998

Ok, I played all the game modes. But got 4th places or 0 laps done (I'm bad at racing.)

But, this was fun! Simple yet effective 3D though the camera flipping combined with sharp movement made it difficult.

Not idea where the time loop was. Concept was good. Presentation good, story was something like that, but couldn't really understand/complete it.

I got to a point in the second level where the screen didn't turn and couldn't jump up enough.

Long hallways made it boring. The screen turning and jumping was fun though.

Time loop, didn't see it. Concept is fun. Presentation could use a bit more. Story lacking.

Trapped by matharoo

5:59! and I got my time back; thanks dimension locker! Almost wanted to install an autoclicker for mouse spamming though...

I like a lot that you tried to do everything; and I think it became a nice balance with some good humor (Stabs) thrown in on the main screen.

Not really time loop, but more buying time. Concept is good Presentation decent and story seemed good enough with the level names.

Treadmill by ASR

So.. Instaed of jumping over obstacles I just moved to left constantly and appeared on right side of screen and having dodged the obstacle.

Not much to this game.

Time loop seems non-existing. Concept is very simple. Presentation is a bit flawed and story is not available.

Got $11548. Made over 5k in one year by selling Rhubarb, and 4k on Onions.

Was fun to play. Addicting.

Time loop,, I don't see it. Concept is good. Presentation is decent enough to understand, play, and enjoy. Story not there.

Heh. That was the 304th time! (clear the game)

Fun narattion. Was fun to play with physics but some (jumping on rope / ball that was moving too fast(!) were pretty annoying.

Interesting take on the time loop. Cool concept. Decent presentation and variations. Story was a nice touch.

Started out as a very easy to understand game, but as soon as the targeting missles came in the difficulty went up so high that I just got beaten every time.

Looks nice; very balanced in terms of presentation and story.

Time loop was there. Concept was nice and interesting. Presentation could be better in form of better learning curve for player. Story was ok.

Got 65 (seconds? score?) after a few tries.

Let me see if I understand it: if you let a guy pass; it'll do whatever jump you did. So if you can consitently only do small jumps and crush the other guys then you don't have to worry about jumping enemies? Not much to the game but everything felt matched really well; graphics, sound,etc.

Time loop, ok. Concept bit too simple. Presentation was clear. No story.

Freddy Jones

Your Main Detective
Wasn't able to get a lot done, not even sure when the voting topic will be closed, so here goes what I have played :L

Reviews

Top 3:

This game went from hard, to ahh I get it it's fun, to this is getting under my skin. The fact that you had to collect questions just about killed it for me when that added to the challenge of it already being sped up a few times.

Not a bad idea, just could use more user-testing I guess.

Nal would be proud.

End of Infinity by The M
Hey! Not a bad game at all. Quite impressive for a Jam game. A well implemented twist on a tower defense game.

-Not sure where you used shaders
-graphics could have been better
-not much time-looping

All the little attentions to detail were very funny. This game was etertaing to play the first time around but after that nothing more to it. It was realy a life simulator, and I know that this idea came in my head and probably a couple more haha. Everything was well polished, if a gaming aspect was put in it would be more fun!

Best ofs:

Best use of TIME LOOP: End of Infinity by The M
Best Concept: Daily Grind by Siolfor the Jackal
Best Presentation: Dante's Inferloop by Zombies Indie House
Best Story: End of Infinity by The M

Full ranking:

1. Dante's Inferloop by Zombies Indie House
  2. End of Infinity by The M
  3. Daily Grind by Siolfor the Jackal
  4. Time Quest by BionicFrog
  5. Treadmill by ASR
  6. Sanji's Time Warp Syndrome by Misu, Joel R
  7. Space S by Wraithious
  8. You vs Yourself by Freddy Jones

Comments:

All the little attentions to detail were very funny. This game was etertaing to play the first time around but after that nothing more to it. It was realy a life simulator, and I know that this idea came in my head and probably a couple more haha. Everything was well polished, if a gaming aspect was put in it would be more fun!

This game went from hard, to ahh I get it it's fun, to this is getting under my skin. The fact that you had to collect questions just about killed it for me when that added to the challenge of it already being sped up a few times.

Not a bad idea, just could use more user-testing I guess.

Nal would be proud.

End of Infinity by The M

Hey! Not a bad game at all. Quite impressive for a Jam game. A well implemented twist on a tower defense game.

-Not sure where you used shaders
-graphics could have been better
-not much time-looping

I really couldn't get into this game. The movement was far too slow and the view was far too limiting. The fact that the map was as big as it was I wasn't ready to dedicate my time for more of the game.

The dialogue system was pretty good, but it would register talking right after you ended talking to them -- there's your loop haha.

Overall the engine I'd say was good, but it wasn't put together very well in my opinion. Just not my kind of game but I can appreciate the work that went into it.

Space S by Wraithious

Sorry on this one. Looks like a lot of work went into something that just wasn't, well, much of a "thing". There really wasn't a game here, but the graphics and music and intro weren't terrible. But everything was quite confusing.

-- It also crashed on me and the guy stopped moving.

Time Quest by BionicFrog

This game was not bad at all! I could tell a lot of work went into it. I did like the bit I experienced.

Pros:
Fast speed
Rpg like system
smooth collisions
fun combat/avoidance system

Cons:
Time running out is way to fast
Lots of restarting from scratch and back tracking (turns me away)
no map system
confusing map
graphics could be improved

Treadmill by ASR

Hmmm. There are many things I like and dislike.

I can cheat the game by looping around
music

dislikes:
no animations
very slow progression
restarts
wth is the red box

Hmm your game sucks man, can't believe you even put this online. Next time try putting some actual effort into it.

Last edited:
D

dj_midknight

Reviews

Top 3:

Chronobreak by Ixlegraw
Very cool little arcade type game. Fast pace, and kinda hard to stradigize with it. Well presented sir!

The time loop was good with this game. I only played long enough to get a feel for the mechanics as I am not really feeling a puzzle game today.

End of Infinity by The M
Fun, challenging, protector of time sorta theme. Overall good.

Best ofs:

Best use of TIME LOOP: Chronobreak by Ixlegraw
Best Concept: Temporal Turmoil by Johnwo, Partysofa

Full ranking:

2. Temporal Turmoil by Johnwo, Partysofa
  4. End of Time by JacobV
  5. Snekoes of the Past by Alice
  6. Trapped by matharoo
  7. Dante's Inferloop by Zombies Indie House
  8. Wingman Paradox by ghandpivot
  9. Wrath of Stars by Cloaked Games
  11. Time Bus by Snail Man
  12. Time Trials by dj_midknight
  13. Chronomatic Aberration by Nallebeorn
  14. Chronosseum by Aviox, AdamJD
  15. Time Tank by Team RedGold
  16. Doomsday by FunkyB
  17. 1201 by TheMatrixHasMe
  18. Time Trax by Mocgames998
  19. Glitch in the Game by Ruhar
  20. Pressed For Time by K-BitCRUSH
  21. Re-Loop by Dalesome

Comments:

Sneaky

Chronobreak by Ixlegraw

Very cool little arcade type game. Fast pace, and kinda hard to stradigize with it. Well presented sir!

time puzles. was neat. Not as complex as the otheer one like this

lame

Day Loop by PixelSquid

word game. Not into it.

Doomsday by FunkyB

shooting clocks in space. Clever.

Tricky

End of Infinity by The M

Fun, challenging, protector of time sorta theme. Overall good.

End of Time by JacobV

Gameplay was good. Didnt finish the story, but the time looping story discovery combo works well.

IDea was neat, gameplay was

Simple little game. The glitch idea is kinda cool and a bit annoying.

Not sure what to make of this game. And crashes.

clicky game

Re-Loop by Dalesome

Dont really geet it. The 3d is good.

Fun snake game where your shadow can kill you. Neat idea.

Game crashes when you die..

The time loop was good with this game. I only played long enough to get a feel for the mechanics as I am not really feeling a puzzle game today.

Time Bus by Snail Man

nifty

Time Trax by Mocgames998

Controls feel awkward.

Nice to see 3d game.

Next time remember to put the controls in the readme file dj_midknight. That way people can actually get the point of the game!

Trapped by matharoo

Pretty good game. Top down shooter.

Was ok.

Top down space ship game. Pretty good. Controls a little awkward.

Got a score of like 25, kinda underwhelming

Side note:
So it occurs to me that I did not include good controls for my game in the readme.
Incase anyone wants to know its:

keyboard:
Q flip left, W rewind, E flip right Space jump, arrows move

gamepad:
LT flip left, B rewind, RT flip right, A jump, LS move

There are 3 levels with unique limits on which controls work and do not work.

S

Sinaz20

Reviews

Top 3:

Chronobreak by Ixlegraw
This was a fun simple arcade game. Reminded me of Missile Command. Controls are tight and fluid.

It has a steep learning curve mearly in that it has a sort of pat your head and rub your belly type game play trying to keep the mechanics and cause and effect in your head.

Loved the art style and the audio.

This is my top pick!

This game is quarky and odd. On the surface it looks plain and perhaps uninspiring, but once you start dashing, the game just becomes hilariously kinetic!

Fun physics puzzles. Feels like I'm stuck in an Aqua Teen Hunger Force fever dream.

I love the look of this game. I also like when a barrage of projectiles hits the enemy.

I didn't understand the goods lying around. But I kind of glossed over the story part. Maybe that explained what was going on there.

Charging up for a new trident was a bit slow. But an ok mechanic.

Best ofs:

Best Concept: Chronobreak by Ixlegraw
Best Devlog: [I'll be back to fill this in... once I've read all the dev logs!]

Full ranking:

5. Wrath of Stars by Cloaked Games
  6. Dante's Inferloop by Zombies Indie House
  7. Time Bus by Snail Man
  8. End of Infinity by The M
  9. Trapped by matharoo
  10. Time Tank by Team RedGold
  11. Time Trials by dj_midknight
  13. Fractured by Gizmo199
  14. SpaceTime Havoc by rui.rosario
  15. Time Quest by BionicFrog
  16. Day Loop by PixelSquid
  17. Into Oblivion by Miner7365
  18. Chronomatic Aberration by Nallebeorn
  19. End of Time by JacobV
  20. Re-Loop by Dalesome
  21. 1201 by TheMatrixHasMe
  22. Treadmill by ASR
  23. Doomsday by FunkyB
  24. Glitch in the Game by Ruhar
  25. Father Time by Team NumbatByte
  26. Looping Lemmings by RekNepZ
  27. Sanji's Time Warp Syndrome by Misu, Joel R
  28. Time Trax by Mocgames998
  30. Space S by Wraithious
  31. One Minute by Lemth
  32. The Game 2 by Misty
  33. Caught In The Loop by dadio
  34. You vs Yourself by Freddy Jones
  35. Daily Grind by Siolfor the Jackal
  36. Veggie Patch by Michael Bateman

Comments:

(I only left the comments for ranked games here. I'll do better on commenting on every game next jam.)

I love the look of this game. I also like when a barrage of projectiles hits the enemy.

I didn't understand the goods lying around. But I kind of glossed over the story part. Maybe that explained what was going on there.

Charging up for a new trident was a bit slow. But an ok mechanic.

This game looks and sounds slick, and I really appreciate that. But, man, the hit detection is punishing. And playing on keyboard with the controls spread out as they were caused a lot of confusing finger twister.

It's essentially flappy bird around a circle. Maybe I had hoped for a little more there.

Unfortunately it was too challenging for me to even get a chance at answering the riddle or whatever was going to happen.

This is ours. It is awesome :D.
(I didn't rank our own game!)

End of Infinity by The M

From the few levels I played, I thought this had potential as a unique take on tower defense (not that I've played a ton of TD.)

My only real criticism is that the interludes are painfully slow.

Fractured by Gizmo199

Very pretty but I don't know what's happening!

I didn't see any kind of tutorial or hints.

I threw it into my ranking because at least it had nice ambience and outer space.

It's a nice complete game. Snake vs interval versions of yourself. Clever. Nice job.

It's just hard and overwhelming.

However, once I got the hang of it, it was rather fun to just race around asteroids luring the enemies into them.

I don't know what it had to do with Time Loop, but you know, I recognize that jams are an enourmous creative pressure and not easily executable.

Solid effort.

This was a charmer of a game. One of those games with exceptional challenge - the kind where I feel if I rage quit I will merely be a quitter at life. So I soldiered on.

Would love to see this game given further refinement and a make over. Perhaps a limited pause so I can take a moment to assess my situation so far.

I didn't save dude.

Time Bus by Snail Man

This game is super simple. But I like the wacky concept of driving a double decker bus around collecting clocks. It's Action 52 special :D

The whole concept just amused me.

Well done.

Ikari warriors vibe. I like that it had graphics and sounds and Nazis to run over.

This was another mouse aim top down. With the game in a window, I was constantly clicking the game out of focus.

I like the ambience. I like the basic concept.

One criticism is that not every part of the level is accessible from any given rotation. Getting stuck in a corner you can't jump out of and just having to wait for the level to spin was a bit deflating to the pacing of an otherwise fun concept.

Trapped by matharoo

This had a sort of Gauntlet vibe to it.

I was luke warm about this game. I don't like clicking so much. Mouse aiming on a top down like this is a little hard because you tend to overrun your cursor.

Busting the time traps or whatever was mildly carpal tunnel syndrom enducing. :p

This game is quarky and odd. On the surface it looks plain and perhaps uninspiring, but once you start dashing, the game just becomes hilariously kinetic!

Fun physics puzzles. Feels like I'm stuck in an Aqua Teen Hunger Force fever dream.

This game has a lot of potential. I am not really a fan of the art, but that's alright. The controls show a lot of potential.

The right click to manual aim is almost there, but managing button states needs work, as often the spacebar would just give up on me right in front of a dreadnought.

I like the concept of ships in the time bubble being repaired. If the controls were a little more accessible, I could have played this longer.

F

FunkyB

FunkyB's Funky Reviews!

Note: on the title screen of my game, under controls, I forgot to say that you move with WSDA. Also, the electricity shot is activated by right clicking once, and you only get to use it once.

Rank

Best Of

-Use of time:

-Concept:

-Story:

Comments

Chronosseum by Aviox, AdamJD: Very well made game. It had the feel of an old NES game. Man was that blob cool! Excellent art. Great job all around : )

-1201 by TheMatrixHasMe: I liked the open world feel. I also liked that the game was one big puzzle.

-Caught in the Loop by dadio: Well, it is a loop. And btw, I had to peel potatoes in High School for some stupid class. Your game brought up bad memories lol.

-End of Infinity by the M: I can tell a lot of hard work went into this. Also, having multiple characters added to the fun. Good job : )

-Glitch in the Game by Ruhar: I liked the falling part. It reminded me of old school Mega Man games. I liked the character's bow and the zombie-ish enemies were cool. Very glitchy glitches : )

-Into Oblivion by Miner7365: I liked the script and the art. I quickly learned: mouse_check_button( mb_right ) FTW!

-Temporal Turmoil by Johnwo, Partysofa: Good job guys! Hilarious text btw. It had me laughing : ) "I am a guy named Cat. This is my cat named Guy." LOL. The time pressure and the high scores were well done. P.S. Was the, "WAIT. There's more!" from Scary Movie 1? That would be awesome.

-Time Bus by Snail: I liked the bus and the evil twin buses that chase you. The music was good too.

-Treadmill by ASR: A very cute main character. You really captured the theme by using a treadmill lol. It was also creative of you to allow the player to control the pace of the game.

-Wingman Paradox by ghandPivot: Very unique game. The physics made it fun. I like the Dad and Mom reuniting : )

-You vs Yourself by Freddy Jones: There is a simple-and-likeable quality to the idea of your game.

sylvain_l

My amazing reviews!

Top 3:
First place : Dante's Inferloop by Zombies Indie House
Really great game, hard, but still very enjoyable. I kinda give up to use the slow down function (the change of pace, give me more difficulties than it help). The speed up of pace between questions is diabolic :D The effect, music and sound really give a boost to the game feel. And the death use the them well, the explode effect of the body, then gather all the circles and get them back in time to the start. It plays better then the rewind function found in other entry And good point that there are multiple way to go through a level.

Second place : Chronobreak by Ixlegraw
1 simple mechanic, easy to understand, harder to master (making high combo, is harder, need to find how to trap multiple red if possible while charged with a blue sphere - not so hard if you manage to scramble fast your mouse in every direction without crashing in mobs :p). So effective. really enjoyed playing it.

Third place : Temporal Turmoil by Johnwo, Partysofa
Challenging mechanism: synchronising yourself with yourself with a 5 sec tempo or so lead to a lot of vaporising and fun :D Could perhaps use some polishing on the animation/graphic to be a bit more juicy. But the mechanism and puzzles are very solid. +1 for the dev best scores comparison :D

Best ofs:
Best Use of TIME LOOP: Chronomatic Aberration by Nallebeorn
Best Devlog: - ...

Full ranking:
2nd number before your entry is the order in which I played the game^^
  1. 14-Dante's Inferloop by Zombies Indie House
  2. 09-Chronobreak by Ixlegraw
  3. 19-Temporal Turmoil by Johnwo, Partysofa
  4. 26-End of Time by JacobV
    a "next reboot time button" would be nice (because when you die, and you have 60-90sec left, you know you won't make it; so it's really annoying to have to wait all that for the next reboot of 5min. althought finding the right playthrough, cost a lot of time. (seriously, look where you hide the mage to start the back in time loop... with the only mention: right click on a NPC to speak with him; that suggest there is an NPC somewhere, even if all the one I see are dead^^)
  5. 12-Snekoes of the Past by Alice
    "WELL DONE!" -----8~ Being chase by yourself is a great way of exploiting the theme (2nd game with that concept). Great game. Removed the dummy levels and it would have looked just perfectly executed! There is already an interesting amount of level in story mode, and a survival mode. Even a very welcome option to set speed=difficulty of the game in story mode.
  6. 22-Trapped by matharoo
    Hotline miami in slow motion mode, just the right pace for me! :D (well where is so the turbo hat to get time faster for 5 sec)
  7. 36-Chronosseum by Aviox, AdamJD
    teaming with myself, that wasn't a winning team :D but concept is still fun and gameplay solid. The animations and sounds effects are fluid. A well executed entry. Took me a while to really get how to charge the trident back, and not to throw it away (but wait for the right moment to shoot).
  8. 21-Wrath of Stars by Cloaked Games
    problem is I'm using at the same time the mouse to aim AND move, wich often tend to end badly. (ok, I'm also not very skilled at shmup, which doesn't help)
  9. 06-End of Infinity by The M
    tower defense rewinded :) Was fun to play for a tower defense. It has sounds, music, effect and the little story that comes with is good. Works as a tutorial, a background story, and a happy end humor pun. Only complain, would be kinda too easy. (at least for me. my strategy was to keep them all near the eternal fire, slowing down all around, just the one who can attack behind need some intervention).
  10. 25-Fractured by Gizmo199
    there is some kind of poetry in that game that I like. But the ?rules? are a bit confusing or at least the progression counter. I mean just a little screen to explain the rules (even in the games topic you don't explaine the timer limit, waves, etc...)
  11. 04-Time Bus by Snail Man
    Funny games! Being chase by yourself is a great way of exploiting the theme. Concept is simple, but it's hard to master the physics of the bus; and how to go through your past track with your multiple ghosts. Like the tires tracks left on the road (missing the sounds that goes with :p). Side note: a cup of coffe for me too :)
  12. 33-Wingman Paradox by ghandpivot
    funny physics game puzzle. stuck at the the 2nd mobile bridge (didn't manage using the bridge as trampoline to get to the father, he is to high).
  13. 13-Pressed For Time by K-BitCRUSH unexpected way of using the theme :) very minimalist but still manage to catch me for a number of tries and experiments on how to max my clicks. You have a description, a timer, and a bit of progression with a high score. Only disappointed with counter. it count any mouse clic, give a big advantage to a 3 buttons mouse :p
  14. 17-Chronomatic Aberration by Nallebeorn first the bad news; I didn't finish the game. There is a very nasty collision bug, that will just get the mage stuck, witout any other way than restarting the game. Which is really frustrating. As there is no saving it means restarting from beginning. Now the good; Genius use of the theme ! The mechnism is neat and presentation ( graphism & musique) is nice (only thing that could be polished is the mage animation when he moves).
  15. 10-Dr. Benjamin R. Bonheur vs Mere Moments Ago by FredFrederickson, Sinaz20
    ^^ really impressed by the graphical style. The ingame tutorial, is cool (even if it don't explain you have to get in the machine, it was quite instinctive for me). No sounds, would love to hear the puchings. Gameplay is a bit !?cynical?! I mean for what I have experienced seems like if you play to kill, the AI adapt and play hard so the first who hit his opponent win the fight. If you play with single one jab; you get doomed as well, sourounded by 2 or more replicate that one jab you. (or perhaps that just my imagination, seeing clones, that give me that feeling). Don't know why, because there were no GM error message, but game crashed multiple time (when I got beaten, during a fight, once when I was going to the machine, seems random)
  16. 32-Time Trax by Mocgames998
    +1 for the 3D (a bit less impressive that Re-Loop), but this one is stable. collision where a bit odd (feel like the car sprite and the collision box have some mismatch, got stuck in corner bends. It kinda remind me of old F1 game on dos.
  17. 20-Veggie Patch by Michael Bateman
    Start of the game is fine, just discovering the simple mechanism and struggling to acquire new veggs. But very fast your are done(5th year was my 1st 2880$/year with a very bad 3rd year where I didn't kept any money for pesticide while I got lot of snails that came early). And from then you just gather vegs & money without any mean to use it.
  18. 34-Doomsday by FunkyB
    shmup with a time theme. ^^ woow I manage to beat the boss! (ok not so hard as you just need to position somewhere he can't shoot you) not sure, but seams there is some disbalance; the charge shoot is useless because the only time I manage to go to the boss and beat him easly, was using fast single shots(I do much mor damage with 6 fast single I shot that trying to shot with one IV shot). else, the use of the countdown as timer&health had a little twist to the genre.
  19. 11-1201 by TheMatrixHasMe
    Well, I'm stuck in a loop and can't do anything to change that. (Dunno, after collecting all the eggs, except speaking once with the one near the tree, can't do anything.)
    ___________________________________________ ############################################################################################ ERROR in action number 1 of Other Event: Game End for object obj_controller: Data structure with index does not exist. at gml_Object_obj_controller_Other_3 ############################################################################################
  20. 30-Father Time by Team NumbatByte
    Some kind of Whack-10-Mole concept (for the "mini-game"). To be honest it didn't catch me. I did it once, twice, and at third I was. Where is the fun or rewarding. (really to static mini-game. to be enjoyable those click thing need juicy stuff to give a bit of rewards)
  21. 31-Re-Loop by Dalesome
    +1 for the 3D. problem for me, it was regulary crashing without any error message. and didn't realy understood what objectives there are (if any?). At the end feels more like a interactive technical demo than a game.
  22. 05-Glitch in the Game by Ruhar
    A disclaimer for the epileptic : don't play the game. Was happy to reach the end of game screen, not only for the victory, but also cause it meant stopping watching the glitch effect which is very aggessive for me. Else game is graphically neat, and commands are responsive. I liked to bow shooting (the sound and arrow are simple, but make a good job). There is kinda a glitchy guide to show you the way. And levels offer variety, with for me the right lenght for reviewing: short with a small challenge at dicovering how the level work, just enought to have fun, before going to the next.
  23. 18-Time Tank by Team RedGold
    I didn't finish the japan part. Was becomming repetitive & boring. It's hard to pin point what's the problem. Just i felt it (in Also I don't really understand why the firing are locked on 0/45/90/... angles (Ok I suspect its cause the sprite are). Perhaps also to add some kind of strategy constraint; but it feel for me akward you are using a free aiming mouse with those artificial constraint And I think its some sorte of bug, but while moving I couldn't start firing the machine gun. While, if i was firng I was free to move. (while it worked for the canon) p.s. afterthought, just a simple trick like having the aiming icon changing depending of the orientation of the turret could work better or at least having the mouse move with the tank? it would avoid -at least for me- that akward thing of having to look at where is the mouse aiming and also how is the tourret of the tank;. cause for me it's really counter intuitive to aim at something and see the bullets go somewhere else.
  24. 28-Daily Grind by Siolfor the Jackal
    first day, ok 2nd day, that's repetitive. 4th morning, I'm done. the graphism is very simple, but effective, as the color code (red) for inteact object is intuitive. p.s. buggy work? :D (can go on without submitting and have work all over the keyboard )
  25. 23-The Game 2 by Misty
    found 5/9, I can't go through the left of the timing zone (but as they are guy who shoot me and push me down the rift, I'm sure there must be something). -1 some awfull effect (chromato-eppileptic style :(((( )
  26. 37-Treadmill by ASR
    too simple game. the player and 2 spikes that wrap in loop. It's pretty fast boring, even if I accelerate the thing, I just can really enjoy it. At least the graphic style is cute.
  27. 16-SpaceTime Havoc by rui.rosario
    I didn't find how to have a real use of the Time Loop feature. It's more like a get the theme feature :( [it reverse everything and being too short, if you are going to die, most of the time it's not going to save your life at all]
  28. 27-Sanji's Time Warp Syndrome by Misu, Joel R
    dialog system bugged, is a serious game breaker :(
  29. 29-One Minute by Lemth
    ^^IMHO unfair game design. For me it's a no go. give the objectives in the wrong order to artifically force the player to replay more the game o_O (seriously, it's not the only entry that do that; but why should players be amazed because a dev find a way to make the learning curve of the walkthrough much harder, giving ? in theory I can understand the principle of the the exploration and objective list solving; to get a progression throught the replays, but here in practice for me it just feels very unfair)
  30. 15-Day Loop by PixelSquid
    a text based, with too repetitive "new day" for me. Most of the option just move you to a "you die"-> new day=restart the same. (e=knife, e table, s painting, and perhaps a r with the keyboard And so ????? stuck here)
  31. 35-You vs Yourself by Freddy Jones
    tap tap tap tap tap tap tap tap tap ... tap -_-'
  32. 03-Time Quest by BionicFrog
    I'm not sure of what I should do finally? Found the portal on north, the potion on east. I don't know how to get to the red thing on south (perhaps throught west). And on west, well could kill a bunch of mob or try to rush the further...
  33. 08-Looping Lemmings by RekNepZ
    game crashed (clicking on 3rd level on the special tile), and bugged as far as I understand it (if you don't make it right from first try, you can't reset the level, it won't work. I mean then the game won't pass the level as win despite how many turn the "lemmings" do.
    ___________________________________________ ############################################################################################ FATAL ERROR in action number 1 of Mouse Event for Glob Left Pressed for object obj_con: Variable <unknown_object>.y(1, -2147483648) not set before reading it. at gml_Object_obj_con_Mouse_53 ############################################################################################
  34. 24-Space S by Wraithious
    the intro miss some text or speech when the game start. and for the movement, its really weird, cause I'm not sure what's going on (I mean when I move in the caves I never know if the wrap back of the character is because I moved to a new section of if its a reposition because I moved out of the boundaries - your section are just copy paste, so when there two of them in the same direction its relly confusing) generally miss a sens of progression. didn't found any of the 10 crystal (or pass near one without knowing it was that I was looking for?!?) had also to restart the game after a crash, which didn't help to get forward :p
    ___________________________________________ ############################################################################################ FATAL ERROR in action number 1 of Step Event0 for object npc: Variable npc.fly(100023, -2147483648) not set before reading it. at gml_Object_npc_Step_0 ############################################################################################
  35. 02-Into Oblivion by Miner7365
    very short, story game. Good choice for the music.
  36. 01-Time Trials by dj_midknight
    I get really frustrated/bored at 3rd rewind. Only played the first level. Don't know if there are more. Seriously, I don't understand the usefullness of that rewind (except to fit the theme^^ ). It does nothing to help the gameplay. It's the opposite. Just have me sit and watch my own play in reverse at fast speed. Else the game is easy to understand, for what I have seen. Get a bit desoriented at the first rotation and a little timer or a visual warning before the rotation? well could just prevent me for jumping, and fall far far down. (to be honest instruction are unclear if I can manipulate or not the rotations) I suppose if you play it enough you get quite use to the implicite timing of rotations. But when discovering the game help wouldn't mind. Else easly find that I need to gather the small dot to get extra time, and find how to move and jump. Side note, the loading screen is too short; needed to restart the game to have the time to look at it.
  37. 07-Caught In The Loop by dadio click. click. click. ... alt+f4...

2. Chronobreak by Ixlegraw
  3. Temporal Turmoil by Johnwo, Partysofa
  4. End of Time by JacobV
  5. Snekoes of the Past by Alice
  6. Trapped by matharoo
  7. Chronosseum by Aviox, AdamJD
  8. Wrath of Stars by Cloaked Games
  9. End of Infinity by The M
  10. Fractured by Gizmo199
  11. Time Bus by Snail Man
  12. Wingman Paradox by ghandpivot
  13. Pressed For Time by K-BitCRUSH
  14. Chronomatic Aberration by Nallebeorn
  15. Dr. Benjamin R. Bonheur vs Mere Moments Ago by FredFrederickson, Sinaz20
  16. Time Trax by Mocgames998
  17. Veggie Patch by Michael Bateman
  18. Doomsday by FunkyB
  19. 1201 by TheMatrixHasMe
  20. Father Time by Team NumbatByte
  21. Re-Loop by Dalesome
  22. Glitch in the Game by Ruhar
  23. Time Tank by Team RedGold
  24. Daily Grind by Siolfor the Jackal
  25. The Game 2 by Misty
  26. Treadmill by ASR
  27. SpaceTime Havoc by rui.rosario
  28. Sanji's Time Warp Syndrome by Misu, Joel R
  29. One Minute by Lemth
  30. Day Loop by PixelSquid
  31. You vs Yourself by Freddy Jones
  32. Time Quest by BionicFrog
  33. Looping Lemmings by RekNepZ
  35. Into Oblivion by Miner7365
  36. Time Trials by dj_midknight
  37. Caught In The Loop by dadio

Last edited:

Aviox

Reviews

Top 3:

End of Time by JacobV
Great game. It took some time for me to figure out what I was doing, but I think that was intentional. I was fairly surprised about how much content there was. Good flow, good story, good use of time loop, good presentation.

I really enjoyed the slime enemies in the sewer. They were difficult, but were a nice take on the standard slime-monster.

Score:
Hero of Time / 10

Great concept and game, perfectly fits the theme. Engaging puzzles and good mechanics. Some levels really stumped me (corridors, I'm looking at you), but the game was engaging enough that my frustration leaned into determination rather than rage-quitting.
I got to level 20 (yes I saw the secret message on level 19), but gave up before I completed it.

Score:
Loved it / 10

End of Infinity by The M
Solid entry
Loved the visuals and concept. A great twist on a tower defense game. I would have liked more time to set up before a wave starts, but it was still fun.

score:
Magic Tower Defence / 10

Best ofs:

Best Presentation: End of Infinity by The M
Best Story: Daily Grind by Siolfor the Jackal
Best Devlog: End of Infinity by The M

Full ranking:
(NOTICE: As of 2/11, the rankings have changed and are finalized)
  1. End of Time by JacobV
  4. Wingman Paradox by ghandpivot
  5. Chronobreak by Ixlegraw
  6. Trapped by matharoo
  8. Chronomatic Aberration by Nallebeorn
  11. Time Tank by Team RedGold
  12. Re-Loop by Dalesome
  14. The Game 2 by Misty
  15. Daily Grind by Siolfor the Jackal
  16. Day Loop by PixelSquid
  17. Time Bus by Snail Man
  18. Dr. Benjamin R. Bonheur vs Mere Moments Ago by FredFrederickson, Sinaz20
  19. Time Quest by BionicFrog
  20. Doomsday by FunkyB
  21. Into Oblivion by Miner7365
  23. Time Trials by dj_midknight
  24. Wrath of Stars by Cloaked Games
  25. 1201 by TheMatrixHasMe
  26. Veggie Patch by Michael Bateman
  27. One Minute by Lemth
  31. Treadmill by ASR
  32. Time Trax by Mocgames998
  34. Sanji's Time Warp Syndrome by Misu, Joel R
  35. Caught In The Loop by dadio

Comments:
(NOTICE: As of 2/11, several games have revised reviews. Let me know if you'd like more thoughts about your game.)
1201 by TheMatrixHasMe

gameplay loop was uninteresting.

score:
bored / 10

Let me try again.

I apologize for my blunt, largely unhelpful previous comments. That was rude, uncalled for, and I'm glad you called me out. I see the error of my ways and would like to try to fix that. Unless you're too offended to even care, please consider an actual review, below:

1201 has some good concepts and systems in it, and I can appreciate what you've created here. I like that getting more time also increases your max time, and getting speed upgrades helps the player feel more powerful. I also enjoyed the conversation between the protag. and girl in the park. Unfortunately, the story strewn throughout this time-attack gameplay seemed completely unrelated, and getting eggs didn't create any sort of reward to the player, other than progress.

From my understanding, the main goal of the player in 1201 is to collect all the eggs to understand the history of the identically titled movie.
But this goal is placed inside of the primary mechanic of "try to do the thing before you run out of time." This is not a bad primary mechanic, but I don't feel it suits the player's goal well.

If you were interested in telling a story, your primary mechanic shouldn't have been built around a tension to hurry. The way I see it, you have several separate ideas smashed together here.

One of them is a classic easter-egg hunt: You want to collect as many "eggs" as possible before time runs out. This could have been made more engaging by making eggs rewarding. A powerup, a currency, or another desirable collectible that helps you better accomplish your goal. Maybe a permanent increase in max time or speed, so that next time through the gameplay loop
(whether that's "try again" or "next level") you already have a head start. The entry "trapped" is a good example of this sort of game loop. The goal is clear (get to the end of the level), and everything between you and the goal is either an obstacle to be thwarted or a tool to help you succeed.

A second idea is to retell the classic time loop story, where you keep experiencing the same thing over and over, looking for ways to break or change the loop. In a way, it's an extended puzzle game. In this kind of game loop, you want the player to try to discover how to win. For example, perhaps a certain order of events needs to happen or the loop restarts. It's not built around trying to hurry, but around figuring out the correct details you need to win. Ideally, this would end on some sort of moral, concept, or idea to teach the player.

I think what you created has some potential to be either of these ideas (or maybe a different one altogether), and be an enjoyable experience. The long dialogue with the girl in the park, or random factoids hidden around the world would have been interesting, if they supported the player's main motivation (e.g. "find the hints that help solve the puzzle"). Conversely, getting eggs would have been interesting if they instead were speed & time upgrades that supported the goal of hurrying before running out of time. But smashed together, this game seems confused about what it's trying to be.

Score:
Promising game loop confusion / 10

(As a note, I never found all the eggs, so if anything different happens with or after the last two eggs, I have an incomplete picture of what this game is)

Captains Log, Stardate 3017.130

I've stumbled upon some strange anomoly in space. It looks like a potato. But it appears to be some sort of time vortex. Ever since I've spotted said anomoly, It seems there's nothing I can do to get away from it. The startdate doesn't change, and my options don't change. I've tried to investigage. I've tried to flee. OVER AND OVER AGAIN.
I've even tried eating a WHISPA, for crying out loud!

All hope is lost. I think I'll die here out in the great voyage, looking at this stupid time potato from hell, forever. . . BUT WAIT! what does this little "X" button do? . . .

Score:
dadio joke game / 10

Chronobreak by Ixlegraw

Great little game. Solid controls, good visuals, decent idea. Any incentive to try again other than breaking your high score would be cool.

Score:
fancypants / 10

Great puzzle game. fits the time loop theme really well.
Clever puzzles and good presentation. I also liked the humor in your story.
The time loop controls are a little bit confusing / hard to master.
Perhaps changing or adding visuals for looped items would be helpful.

score:
Time wizard / 10

Yep. title says it all. I like the basic concept. It has potential. I was hoping something different/creepy/weird would happen after a day or two, but it doesn't seem so.
Your afterward was my favorite part, and that provided me the most "story" of it all.

Score:
the feels/10

This. Game. Is.....

So hard.
All I know is there's a funny, pant wearing thing, that's preventing me from beating the first level.
The decision to speed up the level every time through is brutal, because it makes the level play completely differently.

I liked the visuals and polish. double jumping was confusing, and a better way to easily see how many jumps are left might be useful. Otherwise removing the mechanic altogether would probably be better.

Score:
The Devil is ALIVE! / 10

Day Loop by PixelSquid

This one was able to pull me in for a bit. I think I found all the clues, but couldn't figure out a password. My best guess was "trees" (cross, r, e, e, s).

Fun entry, decent story. Couldn't figure out how to get past the door.

Score:
Forever in a room / 10.

Doomsday by FunkyB

This slight twist on a classic shooter was interesting.

The theme felt a bit forced, but I liked the concept of health & pickups being represented by time.
I felt the difficulty of this one was a bit low. (I think I beat the game with 6 minutes of time stacked up), and the challenging moments felt more like random chaos than the bullet hell I was hoping for. Most enemies had a mixture of more health than seemed needed, and/or didn't fire nearly enough bullets to make up for the amount of time they took to defeat.

More careful planning of each enemy and their attack times would have been more interesting. Especially for the final boss. He was ridiculously simple. For example, if those big red bars rotated in the opposite direction of his attacks, or if he shot out way more bullets that were a challenge to dodge, that would have been nice.
Some movement from him would have also done a lot, but just another idea. He could have been more engaging without that added in.

I also liked the charge shot concept, but it didn't seem to be worth my effort, because I could fire off several "ones" in the time it'd take to charge to a "two" or more. But I also didn't realize I could even do that until the game was about over.

good entry.

Score:
spice time shooter / 10

great visuals. the ol' rapid jab wins every time. Not much here past a concept.

Score:
jab4life / 10

End of Infinity by The M

Solid entry
Loved the visuals and concept. A great twist on a tower defence game. I would have liked more time to set up before a wave starts, but it was still fun.

score:
Magic Tower Defence / 10

End of Time by JacobV

Great game. It took some time for me to figure out what I was doing, but I think that was intentional. I was fairly surprised about how much content there was. Good flow, good story, good use of time loop, good presentation.

I really enjoyed the slime enemies in the sewer. They were difficult, but were a nice take on the standard slime-monster.

Score:
Hero of Time / 10

Father. Your way of saving changes in time is kind of weird.

I enjoyed the concept and presentation, but the actual gameplay cycle of "eliminating glitches" didn't really seem to fit the theme (especially visually). I imagine you ran out of time by the time you got to the gameplay loop and just threw something together.

I also didn't really understand what the statement is you're trying to make. There's a time guardian that makes sure world catastrophes do indeed happen? What's preventing them from happening? (what is the glitch? a glitch in the matrix?)

I think this game would have been great if "eliminating glitches" meant controlling Father time in a top-down Zelda-style arena, where you have to swing your scythe to destroy basic enemies. The ol' click things to kill 'em game isn't terribly engaging. Again, I imagine you ran out of time. (which is ironic)
I'd suggest next time you focus on the gameplay first, and add the polish later.

Score
Polished geezer / 10

Fractured by Gizmo199

I think Fractured's strongest asset is the environment. The overall feel of the game is fairly polished and worth spending some time in. But unfortunately, its shortcomings outweigh that positive note. The biggest thing lacking here for me was good feedback for the player. The first time I played the game, I had no idea what my goal was or what I was doing. Am I a fighter crashing into the moon on repeat? I initially quit without any ideas of what was going on.

I decided to come back and give it a second shot, and finally learned what was happening -- that my goal was to get a certain number of moon... landings? per wave. I completely missed all that information the first time through. I still don't understand thematically what's happening, but at least I knew my goal. Better visual feedback, e.g. flashing the wave number across the center of the screen, and representing your goal number with something a bit more noticeable than the tiny font in the corner would help teach the player through non-verbal cues just what they're trying to accomplish.

There are several smaller balance things that didn't fully land well with me, but it seems typical to lack finely tuned game mechanics and balance in such a short amount of time, especially when trying to come up with a unique main game loop. So I will chalk that up to lacking time to playtest and improve.

At best, I'd categorize Fractured as a casual arcade experience. I got to (but didn't finish) wave 10, so I may have missed some content if anything new happens past that.

But still, I'm befuddled by the theming. Perhaps Fractured is making some sort of statement about life - that time loops wouldn't change anything. If you're meant to crash into the moon, that's really the only option. Going back in time will only yield the same result . . unless you crash into yourself and die in a burning fire first. Grim, Gizmo 199. Very grim indeed.

Score:
Please mommy, no more death / 10

That was fairly fun. The style is pleasant, and there aren't any major sources of frustration in this one.

The main mechanic was a fun idea, but I didn't really see it used creatively, so it felt pointless. By the time an enemy came back, I was already past it, so just moved on. How about a switch that gets un-pressed, or an enemy that shouldn't be killed, or a series of tasks that need to be done before the glitch happens? etc. The glitch could have also behaved differently at different times, making extra copies of enemies, removing entire platforms, or making a simple area suddenly much more difficult, or vise versa. Just some thoughts!

Overall, it was enjoyable.

score:
robin "the glitch" hood / 10

Well, that was sad and depressing. Also, all you do is hold right and watch the game play out. Interesting Idea, sure, but not much of a game. Your story and theming give you the most "points" in my book.

score:
a movie not a game / 10

I like the concept.
The fact that they have to finish the level twice doesn't make sense to me. It just leaves me as the player waiting longer for things to happen.
I also couldn't seem to get the third level to finish, regardless of how many times they got to the end. If this one was more polished and had a better pace, I think I would have enjoyed it for some time, provided the level design is engaging.

Score:
broke lemmings / 10

One Minute by Lemth

When I played this game, I understood from the tutorial that it was about performing a list of actions in a certain order, and having to remember that order, then adding instructions. Like a Simon says sort of game.
Instead, One Minute just added bigger and bigger houses to run around trying to find things in before I ran out of time. It's essentially a timed laundry list.

In the end, I'm just not sure I "get it". I don't know what's happening, what's supposed to be happening, or what my real motivation (as the player) is supposed to be. Why am I trying to do all these things in the specific order? As the player, I don't care about doing these tasks.

What if finding things did something useful? The shoes make me move faster, the keys open a door, turning things off slows time, a compass helps me find things, etc. What if I was trying to sneak out of the house, and needed to get everything without getting caught? Something to make the goal more interesting (like these examples) would have added a lot for me.

Score:
Owning a mansion has never been so boring / 10

45 clicks. Beat that! (although someone probably did)

Fun little idea. It would have been neat if you incorporated a few ideas like this into a wario-ware esc game, or something that has more to go off of.
Instead, this doesn't feel like a game, but a test to measure how fast you can click... like a typing test for a mouse.

It's well polished and presented, so cudos for that.

Score:
click clock / 10

Re-Loop by Dalesome

Well, that was confusing. Kind of in a good way.

In a small way, Re-Loop reminded me of a very early version of a game like The Stanley Parable. I would have loved to see more development here. I like the visual style and the concept of playing the same thing over and over again but with minor changes each time. If you end up doing more with this, I'd be interested in seeing what becomes of it.

Score:
trippy idea / 10

The most amusing thing about my experience with this one is regarding a small bug in talking to people -- if you press enter to advance text, then the last piece of text automatically restarts the interaction at the beginning. I was stuck in a time loop conversation before I was even able to leave my home!

I'm uncertain where you ran out of time to continue with content. I got to the lab, but there didn't seem to be able to do anything there. Unless I missed something, there's not much else to comment on!

Score:
outta time/10

oh my GOSH level 20 was hard. hahaha

I really liked this game. A fun twist on a classic game. This is my favorite entry of yours so far

score:
super snake / 10

Space S by Wraithious

There... doesn't seem to be much here. Maybe I'm missing something.

Score:
lost in space / 10

Space Time Havoc by rui.rosario

Somehow, I didn't even see this game on my first playthrough of 'em all.

Interesting concept, had some promise. For an arcade shoot-em-up, I think controls more like geometry wars would have been more engaging. (WASD for movement, mouse to aim and fire) I spent most of my time running away, not fighting back.

The rewind feature was neat, but somewhat overpowered and unpredictable. I think it would have worked better to have an energy bar for it that drained as long as you were pressing the button. With that method, the player could control how long it rewound for. Then if it took more time to refill than it takes to drain, you'd have a bit more balance and tactical use for it. instead, all you do is press R as soon as you die, then keep playing.

Score:
asteroids evolved / 10

Great concept and game, perfectly fits the theme. Engaging puzzles and good mechanics. Some levels really stumped me (corridors, I'm looking at you), but the game was engaging enough that my frustration leaned into determination rather than rage-quitting.
I got to level 20 (yes I saw the secret message on level 19), but gave up before I completed it. (I don't recommend deterring the player by saying "this one even pissed me off" . . . haha)

Score:
Loved it / 10

The Game 2 by Misty

Somehow, I completely missed this one the first time through. The art at first was off-putting to me, and I thought it was too ... simplistic?

Over time, it grew on me.

This game was a bit too challenging/grindy for me to get all the way through. I found the laser gun and 8 of the 9 souls, but never saved enough coin to buy the most expensive shop item. The platforming is a little to unforgiving/challenging in places, especially when pressed for time.

Overall, the "feel" of the game was a little simplistic ans sloppy, but what you had was fairly enjoyable.

drawn to life 3 - time trial edition / 10

Time Bus by Snail Man

Really great, creative concept. In a way, it's a creative rehash of the classic game "snake." I liked the bus physics, but the controls were extremely difficult. something beyond "collect the clocks" would have also improved the game.

score:
psychedellic / 10

Time Quest by BionicFrog

I went back and gave Time Quest a real chance. Not a bad little game.

A decent idea. Go collect all the things, then go defeat the boss. I like the concept. The execution was less interesting. I would have preferred if you really did more with that hub-room concept, and made each area feel like a separate trial. For example, maybe a switch at the end of each challenge would open a door in the hub room to the next challenge, or give a key that could open any one door. If each door was marked differently to represent either the reward at the end, or the challenge beyond, that'd create a lot of positive curiosity.
A lot of the rooms were kind of poorly designed. Especially the needlessly large empty rooms. If you made each area feel some degree different, that could have improved it a lot. Even if it was just different color floors/walls.

I thought the most clever and most interesting part was the hourglass puzzle. The line hints when you get it wrong are something I've never seen on a "figure out the order" puzzle before. I thought that was great. Unfortunately, it didn't seem to have any real bearing on the path of the game. It would have been neat if it opened a path to somewhere else. (if it did, I couldn't tell. Stuff like that is more exciting if it's obvious)

Having "Q" be your main attack was not a great keybinding (left click, spacebar, j, etc would have been better options), and the attack collision placement was awkward.

Last point, the time trial concept didn't really provide any additional fun for me. In fact, running out of time and starting over so quickly is what turned me off to the game initially. If you wanted to have time trials, making the first room a "safe zone" for the player to get oriented would have decreased frustration and made the time limit feel more meaningful.

I'm guessing you ran out of time with the boss as well since he only had one health. too bad. I would have enjoyed that boss fight.

In the end, less maze-like level design (except for the area that was supposed to be a maze) and a few subtle graphical changes (doors are different color than walls, each area feels somewhat different) would have been big improvements to this one.

Score:
good effort / 10

After swimming in weird experiences that you might be able to call a game, I was relieved to see something with fairly straight forward game mechanics. There are several small details about Time Tank that are lackluster (enemy and pickup spawns in the water, sloppy aiming controls, etc), but overall it was an enjoyable experience. The time loop concept was fun and interesting (although I imagine a lot of people missed it, because the second level seems like a repeat of the first, so the change isn't noticeable), but overall the game dragged on a bit. shorter levels and skipping the second level would improve the experience for the average game-jam consumer.

Score:
Time Tank beats the world / 10

Time Trax by Mocgames998

Super difficult controls. The game didn't seem to know what place I was actually in. If it's possible to win, I could never manage to.

Score:
broken racing / 10

The first level was interesting. The second was short and weird. I couldn't figure out the third one, so I hit f1 to see if I could find any instructions, and got a restart instead. I didn't want to walk down those insanely long hallways a second time. I liked the ambiance and feel, for how basic the design was.

I now see that it's possible to rotate the map manually on different levels, which is helpful. Adding and removing mechanics without giving any indication to the player is.... dangerous.

Score:
I'm a green square / 10

Trapped by matharoo

Fun concept, appropriate difficulty level, minimal frustration for a difficult game.
I enjoyed it

Score:
Escaped! / 10

Treadmill by ASR

Interesting and cute little entry. The jumping controls felt sloppy, and there wasn't enough feedback for what was happening (did I die? did I hit a time loop? etc). After dying a few times, I wasn't interested in trying again. Apologies if I'm missing a big part of the game. If I have time, I'll go back and see if I missed something.

score:
dino can't jump / 10

Not really a time loop. Moderately interesting game, but unfortunately it didn't do much for me.
I also never fully figured out what the "in season" list accomplished. The best strategy seemed to be to just plant the most expensive crop.

It might have been more interesting if different crops had more noticeable different qualities like Harvest Moon did. (e.g. time to grow, one harvest or multiple, etc)

farming sim / 10

In the first minute or so of this game, I didn't think I was going to enjoy it. At least not nearly as much as I did. The level design in this physics sandbox (effectively) was far more entertaining and enjoyable than I was expecting. I was genuinely smiling from enjoying myself at different moments in the game. The first time a bridge appeared was one example. After that level, I said "that was fun" outloud to myself.

I think fitting the Time Loop theme was kind of just grandfathered in to an existing or unrelated idea, but either way, the level design was excellent, and it's hard to say anything bad about this game for that reason alone.

Score:
physics are fun / 10

not much to say about this one.
A decent concept, but not terribly interesting.

There's some pretty decent concepts in this one. I liked the fact that the player's ship felt fairly powerful and had multiple abilities, but the difficulty level was a bit high for me.

Some suggestions:
  • If you wanted it to be a difficult game, giving more of a learning curve to the player might help reduce frustration
  • The user interface is fairly dated. Today, giant blocks of space cut out of the game view for GUI is kind of taboo. Consider having floating displays on the edges of the screen in the future
  • the right click turret fire was difficult to control. I'd consider simplifying the controls
  • This game might have a more interesting feel if it wasn't broken down into different rooms/worlds, but is just one giant area, and the next "level" just "warps in" somewhere on the map.

score:
solar winds, but not / 10

I like the art and what I THINK is the concept.
I couldn't understand what was causing "me" to jump, or how I could possibly know what was going to happen. Felt like RNG madness?

Score:
Me is a jerk / 10

Last edited:
DETECTIVE PIXEL'S ACTUAL REVIEWS

1: Chronobreak - Lxlegraw *
2: Temporal Turmoil - Johnwo and Partysoft *
3: Chronomatic Aberration - Nallebeorn *

Best use of TIME LOOP: Nallebeorn
Best Concept: Lxlegraw
Best Presentation: Lxlegraw
Best Story: ???
Best Devlog: ???

Other Rankings:
4: End of Infinity - The M *
5: Wingman Paradox - Ghandpivot *
6: Time Bus - Snailman *
7: Snakes of the Past - Alice *
8: You Vs Yourself - Freddy Jones *
9: Veggie Patch - Michael Bateman *
10: Time Tank - RedGold
11: The Game 2 - Misty *
12: Fractured - Gizmo199
13: Day Loop - PixelSquid
14: Dante’s Inferloop - Zombie Indie House
15: Looping Lemmings - RekNepZ
16: Wrath of Stars - Cloaked Games
17: Dr. Benjamin R. Bonheur vs Mere Moments Ago - FredFrederickson
18: Daily Grind - Siolfor the Jackal
19: Chronosseum - Aviox and AdamJD
20: Time Trax - Mocgames998
21: One Minute - Lemth
22: End of Time - JacobV
23: Treadmill - ASR
24: Trapped - Matharoo
25: Re-loop - Dalesome *
26: Pressed For Time - K-BitCRUSH
27: Father Time - Team NumbatByte
28: Time Trials - DJmidiknight *
21: Space S - Wraithious *
32: Sanji’s Time Warp Syndrome - Miss, Joel R
33: Doomsday - Funky8
34: Into Oblivion - Miner7365
35: 1201 - TheMatrixHasMe
36: Glitch in the game - Ruhar

* = I like them a lot.

You Vs Yourself - Freddy Jones *

Theme: It is a great interpretation of the theme.
Gameplay: This would actually be a great iPhone game. Just polish up the graphics and you are the next flappy bird.
Audio: Simple, but it works surprisingly well.
Graphics: Hardly any.
Fun: Great fun to play. Would be better for on the go.
Total: 7/10
——————————————

Wrath of Stars - Cloaked Games

Theme: Uses it as a gameplay mechanic.
Gameplay: It was fine.
Audio: Music was good. Needed variation in the lasers.
Graphics: Could be better.
Fun: I played for 10 minutes. For me, that is good amount of time.
Total: 6/10
——————————————

Wingman Paradox - Ghandpivot *

Theme: In the story.
Gameplay: Pretty interesting concept
Audio: Good music. No sound effects.
Graphics: Lacking in background. Love the style though. Could use more detail.
Fun: Really fun physic puzzles.
Total: 8/10

——————————————

Veggie Patch - Michael Bateman *

Theme: Not really. It is like just another farming year.
Gameplay: Well done! This could be the next cookie clicker. Polish it up!
Audio: None.
Graphics: Really needs better graphics.
Fun: Really addicting. I want a remake.

——————————————

Treadmill - ASR

Theme: No theme?
Gameplay: Needs to be a lot faster. Needs better jumping and gravity.
Audio: The few sounds fits well.
Graphics: I really like the graphics.
Fun: Not really.
Total: 4/10

——————————————

Trapped - Matharoo

Theme: Yup.
Gameplay: Faster walking speed.
Audio: Meh
Graphics: Pretty good graphics.
Fun: Meh.

——————————————

Time Trials - DJmidiknight *

Theme: Yes.
Gameplay: I opened it up and was like, oh this is going to be dull, but the rotation mechanic surprised me. The random rotation is a bit awful. You should have it rotate whenever the player enters the area. That way you don’t get stuck.
Audio: Men
Graphics: Meh
Fun: I see so much potential with the mechanic.
Total: 3/10

——————————————

Time Trax - Mocgames998

Theme: ???
Gameplay: Racing game. Props on the speed of the game. It was excellent!
Audio: Meh
Graphics: Needs work.
Fun: I had a lot of fun racing around.
Total: 5/10

——————————————

Time Tank - RedGold

Gameplay: Solid gameplay.
Audio: It works.
Graphics: Loved the graphics.
Fun: Pretty fun.

——————————————

Time Bus - Snailman *

Theme: Good use of theme.
Gameplay: Loved the chaos of it!
Audio: We had an ominous tune in the background of the fun skidding around.
Graphics: Lovely graphics.
Fun: Really fun.

——————————————

The Game 2 - Misty *

Gameplay: Could be better. Movement was pretty good.
Audio: None?
Graphics: I think this might be my favorite game for graphics. I love the weird flashing graphics.
Fun: Fix the movement a bit, make the human go faster. Love the weird. Please make more of these.

——————————————

Temporal Turmoil - Johnwo and Partysoft *

Theme: YES!
Gameplay: Fantastic Gameplay
Audio: Perfect.
Graphics: Prefect Graphics
Fun: Really fun puzzle game. Well done!
Total: 10/10

——————————————

Space Time Havoc - Rui.rosario

Theme: Game Crashed
Gameplay:
Audio:
Graphics:
Fun:
Total: 0/10

——————————————

Space S - Wraithious *

Gameplay: I wasn’t sure what to do.
Audio: Pretty good. It fit.
Graphics: They were consistent. Nice.
Fun: Not really. I wanted to get into it, but I was so confused. I liked the idea behinds it.

——————————————

Snakes of the Past - Alice *

Theme: Yes!
Gameplay: Classic snake with a pac-man twist! I love it!
Audio: Needs better music. Sound was good.
Graphics: Loved the graphics. Could be a bit better.
Fun: Pretty fun!

——————————————

Sanji’s Time Warp Syndrome - Miss, Joel R

Theme: ?
Gameplay: Not sure what to think of it. It was a bit slow.
Audio: No audio.
Graphics: Pokemon. Good.
Fun: I was confused.

——————————————

Re-loop - Dalesome *

Gameplay: Walking around was fun.
Audio: No audio.
Graphics: Fantastic art style and animations. Excellent work!
Fun: I just enjoyed looking at it.

——————————————

Pressed For Time - K-BitCRUSH

Gameplay: Click.
Audio: It works! No clicking sound.
Graphics: Love the art style.
Fun: Fun for a minutes.

——————————————

One Minute - Lemth

Theme: Yes
Gameplay: Run and find things. Fine.
Audio: It works.
Graphics: I love the gritty low-res graphics.
Fun: Not really fun.

——————————————

Looping Lemmings - RekNepZ

Gameplay: Classic Lemmings.
Audio: Yes.
Graphics: Good graphics.
Fun: Not really a fan of lemmings.

——————————————

Into Oblivion - Miner7365

Gameplay: No.
Audio: Ok.
Graphics: I really love that door animation. Consistent graphics. Nice.
Fun: Press right.
Total: 2/10

——————————————

Glitch in the game - Ruhar

Gameplay: Not very compelling.
Audio: It worked.
Graphics: Love the glitch effect.
Fun: Not really.
Total: 1/10

——————————————

Fractured - Gizmo199

Gameplay: Handling was good. Idea was a bit meh.
Audio: Good sound.
Graphics: Great graphics.
Fun: A bit.

——————————————

Father Time - Team NumbatByte

Gameplay: The resolution was a bit weird, and I had to click on the glitches.
Audio: A bit of audio in there.
Graphics: Ok.
Fun: Not very fun.

——————————————

End of Time - JacobV

Gameplay: Wasn’t sure what to do.
Audio: Ok.
Graphics: Loved the graphics.
Fun: I was lost.

——————————————

End of Infinity - The M *

Gameplay: Fantastic gameplay. I really enjoyed the time mechanics.
Audio: It worked.
Graphics: Good graphics.
Fun: Really fun. Well done!
Total: 9/10

——————————————

Dr. Benjamin R. Bonheur vs Mere Moments Ago - FredFrederickson

Gameplay: Fine. The Ai were a bit too easy.
Audio: None.
Graphics: Really liked the spine animations with the shader. Nice work!
Fun: Fine.

——————————————

Doomsday - Funky8

Theme: ?
Gameplay: Clock bullet-hell.
Audio: Meh.
Graphics: Meh. I liked how when you charged up a shot it changed the numbers.
Fun: Not particularly interesting.

——————————————

Day Loop - PixelSquid

Theme: Yes!
Gameplay: A fun puzzle game. Good game mechanic.
Audio: No Audio
Graphics: Minimal.
Fun: It was pretty fun trying to figure it out. I didn’t though.

——————————————

Dante’s Inferloop - Zombie Indie House

Theme: 10
Gameplay: Pretty fun. I like the rewind.
Audio: Had some music.
Graphics: Decent graphics.
Fun: It was pretty fun. A good set of moves to choose from.

——————————————

Daily Grind - Siolfor the Jackal

Gameplay: I like the point and click gameplay with the hand. You need to make a full game with that.
Audio: Had some sound effects.
Graphics: Could be better.
Fun: The first time around was fun.

——————————————

Chronosseum - Aviox and AdamJD

Gameplay: It was interesting. Needed a bit more variety.
Audio: Pretty good.
Graphics: Love them.
Fun: Wasn’t very fun.

——————————————

Chronomatic Aberration - Nallebeorn *

Gameplay: Very clever!
Audio: Great sound and audio effects that go with the time !
Graphics: Fantastic graphics! Love your style!
Total: 9/10

——————————————

Chronobreak - Lxlegraw *

Gameplay: Excellent game mechanic. Super fun.
Audio: Good audio
Graphics: Lovely graphics! Good effects!
Total: 10/10

——————————————

Caught in the Loop - Dadio

Gameplay: Yes.
Audio: Yes.
Graphics: Yes.
Fun: Yes.
Total: 100/10

——————————————

1201 - TheMatrixHasMe

Theme: ??
Gameplay: Not very compelling.
Audio: A bit here and there.
Graphics: All over the place.
Fun: Not very fun.
Total: 2/10

Last edited:
D

Diptoman

Reviews

A general thing I found with the games is that only a few games actually used time loops, most of them were just something related to time.

Top 3:

Puzzle platformer, yay! That was pretty fantastic, good use of time loops, the non-story was pretty funny so props for that. Plus puns!

Definitely one of the best entries, even if the use of theme is just slapped on (which I'm totally okay with since it's funny and is basically Back To The Future). Great choice of music too.

Chronobreak by Ixlegraw
That was a great concept! Very well polished and fun, even if teh difficulty does not scale up much. The only problem I had with it was that it didn't have much to do with a time loop, and more like a positioning back for the player (since nothing else in the game goes back in time).

Best ofs:

Full ranking:

3. Chronobreak by Ixlegraw
  4. Snekoes of the Past by Alice
  5. Looping Lemmings by RekNepZ
  6. End of Infinity by The M
  7. Chronosseum by Aviox, AdamJD
  8. Fractured by Gizmo199
  9. End of Time by JacobV
  10. Chronomatic Aberration by Nallebeorn
  11. Dr. Benjamin R. Bonheur vs Mere Moments Ago by FredFrederickson, Sinaz20
  12. Daily Grind by Siolfor the Jackal
  13. Wrath of Stars by Cloaked Games
  14. Trapped by matharoo
  15. Glitch in the Game by Ruhar
  16. Time Bus by Snail Man
  17. One Minute by Lemth
  18. Day Loop by PixelSquid
  19. Time Trials by dj_midknight
  20. Sanji's Time Warp Syndrome by Misu, Joel R
  21. Time Tank by Team RedGold
  22. Re-Loop by Dalesome
  23. 1201 by TheMatrixHasMe
  24. The Game 2 by Misty
  25. Time Trax by Mocgames998
  26. You vs Yourself by Freddy Jones
  27. Into Oblivion by Miner7365
  28. Doomsday by FunkyB
  29. Veggie Patch by Michael Bateman
  30. Father Time by Team NumbatByte
  31. Treadmill by ASR
  32. Time Quest by BionicFrog
  33. Pressed For Time by K-BitCRUSH

Comments:

Yes.

Chronobreak by Ixlegraw

That was a great concept! Very well polished and fun, even if teh difficulty does not scale up much. The only problem I had with it was that it didn't have much to do with a time loop, and more like a positioning back for the player (since nothing else in the game goes back in time).

Pretty nice concept and execution, but that hitbox for the blob is unsettling. I couldn't figure out where it was going to hit me (I assumed it was only near the shadow area but apparently it hit me when I was in its top area too).

I guess this qualifies as the "experimental" alt-game true to the jam name, so props for that. Liked it!

Great presentation and I get the idea behind the concept, but the button mashing gameplay just didn't capture my interest.

End of Infinity by The M

Reminded me of Immortal Defense. Not much of a time loop I guess as having to do stuff with time. But well presented, those thread beziers are neat, and overall a great entry.

End of Time by JacobV

That start was awfully slow when I couldn't figure out where to go.

One particular thing I want to mention is it lacks consistency. As an example, I press Z to advance in the main menu (where the resolution is less than the game), then I press Space to advance through the text, then I press Enter to enter the game. It's confusing.

Fractured by Gizmo199

This is a pretty solid and polished entry once I figured out what to do. Would have liked some more content.

When you say "Welp..." it kind of takes away from the seriousness of the serious background music.

I like the idea a lot, but that scroll wheel mouse control is very annoying. A simple click to select would have done wonders for this.

Clicker Heroes Time Loop Edition.

Slow speed is pretty OP. :p Good concept and execution, and that is a lot of levels for such a short time!

Space S by Wraithious

I don't know whether it's a texture fault or intentional but the text was all over the place and I couldn't understand what to do in-game anyway.

Stack overflow - gml_destroy_listofmaps

Puzzle platformer, yay! That was pretty fantastic, good use of time loops, the non-story was pretty funny so props for that. Plus puns!

Time Quest by BionicFrog

I think you tried to do too many things for the jam (based on the Readme) leading to mostly none of it. Good effort nonetheless! :)

Treadmill by ASR

Jumping needs to feel *much* smoother.

Years aren't really "looping", they're just going on - so I'm not convinced that counts as a loop. But other than that, decent effort. There are long stretches of time where I'm not doing anything, which is something I wouldn't want.

Definitely one of the best entries, even if the use of theme is just slapped on (which I'm totally okay with since it's funny and is basically Back To The Future). Great choice of music too.

@rui.rosario 's game did not work for me so I could not rank it. Had a "Stack overflow - gml_destroy_listofmaps" error.

Alice

Darts addict
Forum Staff
Alice's I-really-need-to-work-on-BetaJam-game-there's-less-than-week-left reviews

Top 3:

End of Time by JacobV
The game that doesn't mention you can double jump. Because of that, on my first playthrough I disregarded it as too unfinished, not even reaching the wizard in the first place. >.<

The game with the most carrots.

The game where you run around the clock once again to find out that you pretty much gave the correct password earlier on, but it had to be all lowercase.
Twice.

Best ofs:

Best Concept: Chronomatic Aberration by Nallebeorn

Full ranking:

1. End of Time by JacobV
  2. Chronomatic Aberration by Nallebeorn
  3. Dante's Inferloop by Zombies Indie House
  5. Wingman Paradox by ghandpivot
  6. Chronosseum by Aviox, AdamJD
  7. End of Infinity by The M
  8. Trapped by matharoo
  9. Wrath of Stars by Cloaked Games
  11. Chronobreak by Ixlegraw
  12. Re-Loop by Dalesome
  13. Time Trax by Mocgames998
  14. Glitch in the Game by Ruhar
  15. Doomsday by FunkyB
  16. 1201 by TheMatrixHasMe
  17. Dr. Benjamin R. Bonheur vs Mere Moments Ago by FredFrederickson, Sinaz20
  18. Day Loop by PixelSquid
  19. Into Oblivion by Miner7365
  20. Daily Grind by Siolfor the Jackal
  21. One Minute by Lemth
  22. Time Quest by BionicFrog
  23. Time Bus by Snail Man
  24. Time Trials by dj_midknight
  25. The Game 2 by Misty
  26. Time Tank by Team RedGold
  27. Looping Lemmings by RekNepZ
  28. Pressed For Time by K-BitCRUSH
  29. SpaceTime Havoc by rui.rosario
  31. Veggie Patch by Michael Bateman
  32. Sanji's Time Warp Syndrome by Misu, Joel R
  36. Treadmill by ASR

Comments:

1201 by TheMatrixHasMe

The game where you collect easter eggs and try to discover what is going on, while gathering time to prevent yet another restart.

It kinda seems like it can't decide between a story-driven and fast-paced gameplay, and the resulting blend seems odd (not that such mix is always bound to fail, rather, that it's not done well in this particular case). Also, it seems the game was supposed to be based on the book titled 12:01, isn't that so? Decent entry, though lacks some polish and balancing.

The game where you can eat wispa over and over again without getting any fatter or spoiling teeth. 11/10

Chronobreak by Ixlegraw

The game where you go back and forth and avoid red stuff when coming forth, but try to gather as much as possible when coming back.

It's nice and fun game, though I feel like it lacks certain degree of balance. For instance, I see no reason not to start racking up another chain immediately after finishing the previous one; so the gameplay pretty much becomes player holding down X button with small breaks for backtracking.
Also, technically it's less of a time loop and more of a time ping-pong.

The game with the most carrots.

I really liked the concept here, made for quite a few fun puzzles, and it was mostly well executed, too. The graphics were pleasing to an extent (maybe excluding the repetitive grass/walls and some odd pixelation sometimes), and I kinda liked the effect of the wizard wobbling to one side or another. The audio was good, except for rather annoying time-looping sound. Mechanics worked well, but placing object was a little bit confusing (it's tricky to tell where the wizard should stand to make the box end up in the correct place). Solid entry, overall, particularly strong in its concept.

The game where you try to slay a giant slime or other boss (some woodland splinter-shooting thing). And you. And you too. And also you.

It has pretty cool concept and plays mostly well, though I don't like how the giant slime has THAT. MUCH. HEALTH. The battle gets pretty tiresome with all that.
Audio is cool, but if you restart the level, the music get played atop the one previously playing, which makes for really unleasant effect.

The game where you try to listen to "Within the Giant" remix, but it gets cut short. Whyyyy?! D:

It's mentioned that the game represents the daily routine, that the protagonist is stuck in Monday, but only notices the loop after they're reaching the supposed Saturday; however, I went through 6 or 7 loops and there was nothing special involved. How disappointing...

Also, overworked much? http://i.imgur.com/neckjEC.png

The game where you run around the clock once again to find out that you pretty much gave the correct password earlier on, but it had to be all lowercase.
Twice.

The concept is interesting, if maybe leads to somewhat repetitive gameplay if player keeps failing to give the correct answer. The presentation is impressive, but it's nothing new for you guys, really. I liked how the music was getting more and more intense with each loop. I also like how different routes seem to work better for different speeds.

Day Loop by PixelSquid

The game where you gather up the passcode, only to find that it doesn't get you anywhere further.

There isn't much to talk about in terms of art and audio, maybe except for the fact that I liked the choice of font. The game worked mostly correctly, but it's possible to hover over multiple buttons, which sometimes give the game somewhat unpolished feel. Story is alright, I suppose, even if I'm not a big fan of "and then everything came back to the beginning" (then again, it's pretty intuitive given the theme).

Doomsday by FunkyB

The game where you fight off a bunch of horomorphic personification of wasting time, which might or might not be what you're doing when playing that game.

A decent bullet hell game, though it's not a stand-out, and the graphics seem pretty mismatched. Also, I'd really prefer if I could hold down mouse to keep shooting. I don't really like mouse-mashing, you know...

The game where you fight your past incarnations until you either lose to them or the game crashes. Oh well...

Too bad, because the game itself looks really great and has that Victorian era vibe to it. However, with the crashes (and lack of audio, might I add) I can't really rate it high.

End of Infinity by The M

The game where you stall for time while the rest does the job.

Good audiovisual, interesting gameplay, nice story. Definitely one of better entries, though it doesn't stand out to me in any particular area. Not the best theme usage, either.

End of Time by JacobV

The game that doesn't mention you can double jump. Because of that, on my first playthrough I disregarded it as too unfinished, not even reaching the wizard in the first place. >.<

That would have been a shame if I stopped there and didn't see how others praised it, since this game is actually very complete and very varied and has a bunch of cool stuff. Among the things I enjoyed were bouncy slimes (even if they were sometimes annoying to deal with, but still - bouncy slimes!), the last boss, the general premise.
I think the game could use a bit of balancing, in particular when it comes to shooting frequency. Also, the initial segment of the temple could be broken down into two (e.g. after you successfully jump away from the first eye), because it's a tad too long and tiresome. Not to mention the platforming around the first time is painful because of a dark spot that conceals a crucial platform. It would help to have an instant restart option as well.
Oh, also, the dialogue system was somewhat rough. I'd prefer if I could advance by repeatedly clicking right-mouse button, rather than waiting for the dialogue to appear, since it's kinda slow; also, maybe the player could remain idle for the time of talking?

Really good game, overall.

(also, you know, it's 2017 Game Jam already...)

The game where you babysit a time-traveling humanity and fix the glitches caused by their wanton past alteration.

The story concept is somewhat cool, the gameplay itself not so much. Also, with more and more glitches to fix each level, one can basically go on for a long time without losing any health, and then lose all after reaching a critical point. Another thing is that it's somewhat hard to estimate where clicking works and where it won't, and there's no timer during the game to show how much leeway player has, either.

Fractured by Gizmo199

The game where you crash a party at the moon. I have nooo idea what for, though.

The planes are quite pretty still, and the audio works well with the game. It'd help if there was some introduction in the game. Also, the game apparently crashes if I lose, don't retry and reached the waves with shields (something about shield info). Talk about game-fracturing crash.

The game that makes me happy about my lack of epilepsy. These glitches are somewhat flashy.

Aside from that, it's pretty decent and complete entry. I might not have been able to fix the glitch, but at least I was having more and more friends, so... yay?

The game where you play as a door-to-door salesperson (or maybe cult recruiter, given the outfit?) and is promptly punished for bothering people.
The subsequent events might be that person's own hell, or maybe it's something that happens to entire world (a collective punishment for humanity that devised aggressive marketing methods?).
Best story ever, 11/10 (note: it's so out of scale that, in fact, another game might get "Best story" vote instead...).

That aside, a classic sadlet ("a short game, light in puzzles and challenge, with a heavily emotional (if usually sparse) plot and a tragic ending"). The aren't isn't really painful to look at, though it could be better, I suppose.

The game where I couldn't select the items by clicking on them, which was very confusing for me.

I don't like the art, seems like blurred pixel art, and usually pixel art is kinda not meant to be blurred...
Also, couldn't pass the level with the time bomb. I don't get what I'm supposed to do there at all, and there are no blocks descriptions to aid me nor anything.

One Minute by Lemth

The game where you have a really hectic morning, and for some reason must to do all routine tasks within a minute.

The concept seems fine (if maybe it's not the most interesting use of time loop), though it'd be nice to have an instant restart option. I completed all levels, though the maze was really annoying - it'd be nice if it has some variety in rooms, so that one can remember sections of maze more easily (plain mazes made to be as easy to get lost in as possible, aren't really that interesting...). Graphics are not terrible, but there's some inconsistency to them. The music is pretty cool, and radio was a nice touch as well.

The game with some cool music. It's probably the biggest highlight.

Aside from that, the game is very simple, and so is the art, but it generally blends well together. The game even remembers score between sessions (some go-for-as-long-as-possible games don't track score at all...). Still just a mouse clicker, though... ^^'

Re-Loop by Dalesome

The game where you can't even look out from window not to be met with some misfortune. These blinds must be razor sharp!

The game was pretty and interesting. There were various effects related to 3D blocky objects, some screenshakes giving the world a sense of instability, and there were a few weird looping segments. The walking speed is a bit on a slow side, but at least the room is small. I have no idea what the game is really supposed to represent, though, even if there is some element of time loop there. Alas, there was no audio.

The game where you walk around...
...and walk...
...and walk...
...and there's seemingly no end to it.

Suggestion for the future projects: make sure the movement speed isn't too slow; if you feel like you have a bit more time, you might even add an option to run at, I dunno, twice the speed (e.g. by holding Shift). It helps A LOT, especially with such a wide-scale game.
Also, I'm not fond of how one Enter press is already enough to skip the given dialogue line (usually I'd do it in a way that if dialogue is being read out, I'd make one Enter show the whole dialogue line, and only if the whole line is already shown, make it advance to the next line). Plus, it's annoying how you can get looped in dialogue when you keep pressing Enter; I worked around it by holding down a directional button to leave after the dialogue is finished, but still.
I won't really comment on graphics and audio, because the former are borrowed, and the latter is non-existent.

Space S by Wraithious

The game where you... land... somewhere? And then explore things?

I can't quite put my finger on what's the game supposed to be about, I got tired after first watching an overly long intro (?) and then walking a lot around some planetary maze. The graphics are a weird mish-mash of various resources and... photo cutouts? The character walking animation looks weird, too; like it doesn't really care what walking should look like. ^^'

There's clearly some room for improvement here...

The game where I have no idea what to do, just wander around, have some time loop mechanic but have hardly idea how to use it and get a crash because of "destroy list of maps" at the end. Weird...

Gotta give that, after I got killed, I felt like some DJ when I kept going back in time with that R button and such. Still don't know what's that supposed to do, but it has some shades of fun...? ^^'

The game that is tricky to describe in speech in a way that's not confusing. That's because speech doesn't have capitalisation.

That's the game where you play as Cat who wants to save Dude. Also, the game where you play as a dude who wants to save a cat. Also, needs to gather money along the way.
The game has really neat concept, and is well executed for the most part. The levels are fun and challenging, until 20th level comes along - that one is only challenging. Just a note: next time you find a difficulty of your level frustrating - you really should tone it down, for players' sake. Devs generally have much better skills at own game than most players, so if even dev finds difficulty frustrating, it'll be even worse for others.
That's bad, because I really would have liked to complete the game. This 20th level is just one level too much. >.<

The Game 2 by Misty

The game where you travel around some badly drawn area and want to gather souls or something.

I got super-jump, found a gun, gathered almost all souls, but couldn't find the last one anywhere. The platforming mechanics where really clunky to work with (irregular platforms didn't help at all) and I was often struggling against them. Still, this game has some reasonable scope, and actually has quite a lot of content in, so props for that. If only it was clearer where the souls are, and the controls were smoother...

Time Bus by Snail Man

The game where you escape from insanely manouevring buses, being such a bus oneself.

This game has some fun factor to it, but I feel like it could be better balanced: had the controls wonkiness toned down a bit, or maybe use lower buses appearance frequency, or a bit of both? I really like the soundtrack here, and it's been my main motivation to keep playing.

Time Quest by BionicFrog

The game where you walk around, gather stuff and defeat some boss at the end, all within time limit.

Nothing too particularly creative or memorable. The graphics weren't particularly great (I feel like the grass clashed with the wall graphics; maybe something about different resolutions). Couldn't hear any music, only some sound effects. Well, I guess there's time to improve...?

The game where you run with your tank across different versions of alternate history.

Or at least, with how large the level was and how it didn't really change across the versions, I've found it's just the best to storm through the level, occasionally taking down some tanks on the way, and grabbing upgrade repairs and such. I think I managed to defeat Plumpfs that way, eventually.
The gameplay is, sadly, somewhat monotonous. Music and audio work well enough, but the core is pretty lackluster, with only two kinds of enemies spanned across really, really long area (and tanks are getting more and more health with each iteration... and that's it). It'd really help to have some more variety. ^^'

Time Trax by Mocgames998

The game where you keep racing until you succeed in doing certain objectives.

It's pretty creative interpretation of the theme, though execution could use some reworking. For example, it was unclear for me how to do the first objective, and if you get stuck at some point, the second objective becomes much harder than the third one - you basically need to make a bunch of near-perfect laps (in particular, not getting stuck) to catch up with opponents, whereas in the last objective it takes one near-perfect lap to do the job. Also, getting stuck itself is very severe, probably due to controls or weird collision system.

Well, it might not be Mike-level racer, but it is pretty cool, still.

(PS: best time: 1m 16s for all objectives)

The game where you have a trip around a colourful world which likes to turn around and revert itself back every once and then.

My main qualm with this game is that it doesn't really explain itself, and there's lot of trial and error here. Also, there's really annoying game-over mechanic where you scroll back to the beginning point by moving in reverse. It could be cool if it lasted for a few seconds or so, but it's frustrating when one gets far in the level and then loses and must watch overly long reverse replay of their steps. Graphics don't feel particularly great but are functional. Soundtrack works well enough.

Trapped by matharoo

The game where you go through a bunch of lockers to search for the lost time.

This entry is more fun than it might seem from the pictures. It's somewhat fast-paced, moderately difficult and not unfair. I'd like an option to hold down shooting button instead of having to click repeatedly, though.
The audio works well in the game, the art is pretty decent, though a tad inconsistent (most gameplay pixelated, different parts not; also, the walls sometimes seems ot have lines between them, possibly because of some silly interpolation).

Overall, pretty cool game, and good for the first ever Jam. Good luck in the future. ;)

Treadmill by ASR

The game where you technically can jump, but it's absolutely unnecessary (try going left to see what I mean).

Just a friendly reminder: the theme was a TIME LOOP, not a SPACE LOOP. ^^'

The game where you commit an atrocious snailicide while hunting for profit.

To be honest, I don't really feel like it's much of a time loop here; more like time cycles.

The game with very high replayability. I completed it 304 times already.

There you get to reunite your parents with spikes, pools of water and soccer balls, among other things. No sharks to speak of, though. I generally like the mechanics, though sometimes levels had annoying design (e.g. in the cannonball level the ball was getting stuck on remaining threads) and I'm still not sure if dashing was always responsive or not. The graphics aren't exceptional, but work well. Audio is good. Story fits well with the theme. I'm not exactly fond of that back-to-point-zero premise, but it's pretty natural with the theme given.

I'd rate this game one position higher if you thought to include one neat detail: make the repetitions count in ending increase with each game completion.

The game where you battle as a single droid against a whole bunch of time-recovered battlecruisers and a bunch of small-fry. Mostly battlecruisers.

I rather enjoyed the game; it had certain degree of variety to it (each level introduced something new, and last was somewhat epic if a bit lengthy) and a good challenge factor. The audiovisuals weren't too shabby, either. Overall, a neat shooter with a good concept. One thing I wasn't fond of were controls; I dunno, maybe WSAD for thrust/brake/turn and mouse for aiming would work better...? As it is now, it feels needlessly unwieldy.
Also, one annoying thing - the text after game over, which I see over and over again after I lose. It'd really help if I could just skip instantly to try again, otherwise it's pretty frustrating.

(also, another game with back-to-point-zero conclusion... *sigh*)

The game where it's to jump or be jumped. More or less.

Nice little game, but sound effects are definitely too loud compared to the music, and the art is inconsistent/buggy (i.e. the "TAP" and the timer are smoothed, whereas the main character is pixelated and sometimes the border would change size). The audio was nice.

If you have any questions, feel free to send me a message.

Reviews

Top 3:

This was really great, I loved it. I found it pretty difficult but it was a really cool idea.

I really liked the idea and your general presentation. I didn't get very far because I didn't completely understand what I was supposed to do but I still really enjoyed it.

What a well made game. It looked great and was a cool idea. My only problem was it took way too long to kill anything so by the time I got to the second boss, I was over it.
I'd love to see you guys continue working on this.

Best ofs:

Best use of TIME LOOP: Snekoes of the Past by Alice
Best Concept: Snekoes of the Past by Alice
Best Presentation: Fractured by Gizmo199
Best Story: Chronosseum by Aviox, AdamJD

Full ranking:

1. Snekoes of the Past by Alice
  2. Chronomatic Aberration by Nallebeorn
  4. Chronobreak by Ixlegraw
  5. Time Bus by Snail Man
  6. Temporal Turmoil by Johnwo, Partysofa
  8. Wingman Paradox by ghandpivot
  9. End of Infinity by The M
  11. Fractured by Gizmo199
  12. One Minute by Lemth
  13. Trapped by matharoo
  14. You vs Yourself by Freddy Jones
  15. Re-Loop by Dalesome
  16. Time Trax by Mocgames998
  17. 1201 by TheMatrixHasMe
  18. Wrath of Stars by Cloaked Games
  19. Veggie Patch by Michael Bateman
  20. Time Tank by Team RedGold
  21. Doomsday by FunkyB
  23. Day Loop by PixelSquid
  24. End of Time by JacobV
  25. Time Trials by dj_midknight
  26. Glitch in the Game by Ruhar
  27. Sanji's Time Warp Syndrome by Misu, Joel R
  29. Time Quest by BionicFrog
  30. Father Time by Team NumbatByte
  31. Treadmill by ASR
  32. Pressed For Time by K-BitCRUSH
  33. Into Oblivion by Miner7365
  34. Caught In The Loop by dadio
  35. The Game 2 by Misty

Comments:

1201 by TheMatrixHasMe

I found 5 eggs, then ran around aimlessly until I got hit by a car.
I can't really stand games where I have to use the mouse to move my guy around, so I found it a bit annoying to play.
I liked your presentation quite a bit though I may have used a more interesting font or something.

Chronobreak by Ixlegraw

I liked the idea, but I didn't personally enjoy playing it. Love your style though.

I really liked the idea and your general presentation. I didn't get very far because I didn't completely understand what I was supposed to do but I still really enjoyed it.

What a well made game. It looked great and was a cool idea. My only problem was it took way too long to kill anything so by the time I got to the second boss, I was over it.
I'd love to see you guys continue working on this.

I think I liked the idea, and the presentation was great, but I couldn't beat the stage a third time, it got too fast for me.

Day Loop by PixelSquid

I feel like you could have maybe spent more time on the presentation, maybe give a little padding around the edges of the screen or something.
Nice use of the time loop I guess, at least story-wise.

Doomsday by FunkyB

I liked the clock theme, but I didn't think it was much fun.
At first I was avoiding the things that the enemies dropped because I assumed they would hurt me, I'm not sure if that was just my misunderstanding or poor use of visual cues.

It looks like you put a lot of time into the art and presentation, but I feel like this really needed some sound.
Combat felt a bit stale, but I liked the controls, they made a lot of sense.

End of Infinity by The M

I think I liked your use of the theme, I liked the idea but it was too chaotic for me.
Love your presentation though, looked great.

End of Time by JacobV

Walked off the screen, nothing happened.

Presentation was nice, that's all I have to say really.

Fractured by Gizmo199

I didn't really understand what I was supposed to do, but I enjoyed flying around and crashing into the moon quite a bit, as well as crashing into the other ship that may or may not have been me?
I really loved the presentation, everything looked great.

It's not a very pretty game, and I'm not sure what was happening or where the time loop was.

I got tired of holding down right, so I put one of my amiibo on the key.
I liked the idea of the story, and how everything decayed more and more but I just didn't enjoy it.

I didn't like the controls, and I didn't understand the rules. Too much trial and error.

One Minute by Lemth

I think this was very well made, and presented well but I didn't find it very enjoyable.
I did like the little hints like how you can hear the radio when you're close by, nice touch.

I'm not interested in this type of thing at all so I have nothing useful to say except that your presentation is nice.

Re-Loop by Dalesome

Not sure what was happening but the 3D looked nice.

Pokemon sprites again?
Movement was waaaay too slow, I got impatient and quit early, sorry.

This was really great, I loved it. I found it pretty difficult but it was a really cool idea.

Space S by Wraithious

I'm sorry, I don't have anything useful to say. It's difficult to tell what's going on and I find your art style to be jarring.

Spawned, got killed before I realised what was happening, game crashed. Tried a second time and flew off the screen into oblivion.
Probably would have been nice to give the player a few seconds to breathe before unleashing the enemies on them.
I don't really have much else to say, it looked like it could be a fun little game if you had more time to work on it.

Great idea made well. I got most of the way through before giving up.
Though, I wish you'd let me skip the first time text...

The Game 2 by Misty

My eyes!

Time Bus by Snail Man

I thought this was a really cool idea, even though the bus was impossible to control well!
Kind of like Snake but more difficult and cooler.

Time Quest by BionicFrog

I found the controls the be a bit awkward, and being dropped in a field with no idea what to do wasn't ideal. Try to use some visual cues to guide the player maybe?

I got a bit tired of the gameplay about halfway through so I just drove to the end avoiding enemies. Had a good laugh when it reset.

Time Trax by Mocgames998

Didn't expect a racing game, that's for sure.
I like the idea, but I couldn't complete any of the objectives, the turning was a bit too annoying and I think it was a mistake to completely stop you if you go on the grass.

Not really much of a time loop as much as it is a level restart. I want to say that the turning mechanic was interesting but I just found it annoying.
Very visually uninteresting as well, and the background sounds were putting me to sleep.
I will say that the rewind effect was very cool.

Trapped by matharoo

Neat idea, but you move so slooooow, and I didn't want to break my mouse clicking too fast, haha.
Well done on the presentation too, it was very nice.

Treadmill by ASR

Idea was ok, but the jumping was bad. You should try using gravity or something for a smoother jump.

I liked the idea, farming games can often be a bit relaxing. But it looked like it was going to take me a long time to make any real profit to unlock extra stuff, and those snails were brutal.

Not bad, gave up on the level where it looked like I had to trampoline myself up? I couldn't get it.
I loved your little progress indicator, the heart that filled up over time, that was a nice touch.

I didn't really think there was much interesting about this game, but at least it seemed to be made well, music was nice too.
I feel like renaming a respawner is a poor way to fit the theme, feels tacked on but it's better than nothing I suppose.
I thought the controls were interesting, not sure I'm played a space shooter like that before.

When I opened this I thought it was going to be bad but I liked it. Not sure if I'd consider this fitting the theme though. Sometimes the collisions didn't feel accurate and it looked like the sprites were deformed a bit due to scaling.

Just in time, here are my reviews. They are my personal opinions but I've tried to be objective about game types I don't personally enjoy. I feel disappointed in my level of feedback tbh, but unfortunately this is all I've got time to produce - life is soo busy. Anyhoo, thanks everyone for an enjoyable Jam. Had a great time trying everyone's games :)

Top 3:
Liked it, felt really good once you got going. Lovely graphics. I think the combination of movement and art style won it for me. Could imagine this fleshed out would be an excellent game.

This was a clever game that was fun to play. It needs bigger graphics though as I found it hard to see. Well thought out puzzles.

3. Fractured by Gizmo199
Space games aren't really my thing, but this was an awesome take on a space game. Took me a minute to work out what I was supposed to do and the camera movements made me a bit dizzy. Impressive for the jam timeframe and visually lovely to watch, with a satisfying play mechanic.

3. Fractured by Gizmo199
4. End of Infinity by The M
5. Chronomatic Aberration by Nallebeorn
6. End of Time by JacobV
7. Trapped by matharoo
8. Time Trials by dj_midknight
10. Into Oblivion by Miner7365
11. Day Loop by PixelSquid
12. Wingman Paradox by ghandpivot
13. Time Quest by BionicFrog
14. Glitch in the Game by Ruhar
15. The Game 2 by Misty
16. Wrath of Stars by Cloaked Games
17. Time Tank by Team RedGold
18. 1201 by TheMatrixHasMe
19. Chronosseum by Aviox, AdamJD
20. Chronobreak by Ixlegraw
21. Time Bus by Snail Man
22. SpaceTime Havoc by rui.rosario
23. Time Trax by Mocgames998
24. Daily Grind by Siolfor the Jackal
25. Sanji's Time Warp Syndrome by Misu, Joel R
26. Dr. Benjamin R. Bonheur vs Mere Moments Ago by FredFrederickson, Sinaz20
27. You vs Yourself by Freddy Jones
28. One Minute by Leth
29. Treadmill by ASR
30. Re-Loop by Dalesome
31. Doomsday by FunkyB
32. Father Time by Team NumbatByte
33. Space S by Wraithious
34. Looping Lemmings by RekNepZ
35. Pressed For Time by K-BitCRUSH

1201 by TheMatrixHasMe
Liked it but hard. Made it frustrating as I was constantly repeating myself. I want to come back to this one as I feel like there is more to see, or play an easier version!

Mildly funny. Not sure if I missed anything… A potato in space?... I did chuckle…

Chronobreak by Ixlegraw
Nice feeling game, the mechanics felt impressively polished. I must admit not really my sort of game but I did enjoy it for a bit.

Probably the best use of concept! Really interesting idea and I think it worked quite well. It’s a game I need to come back to when I have more time!! I found it a pain to click on things though, something needs sorting on the collision masks I guess.

Nice idea. Personally think this concept could work very well but I found it a struggle to beat that blob. It should build up with a simple enemy to start. I felt deflated as the health bar barely moved each time. Tighten the game up and expand it and this could be very good. I like the general feel of the game too.

Repeat the daily grind of life. Nice idea. Short. I like it because it’s different and has a familiarity. Not sure if it could be taken further than this without some sort of mechanic built in that’s not just rinse and repeat. If your tasks changed daily slightly and this tells a story perhaps? Or make the daily tasks a bit of a challenge?

Liked it, felt really good once you got going. Lovely graphics. Could imagine this fleshed out would be an excellent game.

Day Loop by PixelSquid
I really like this idea. Obviously needs more than a jam to fulfill, but it's got potential. A few spelling mistakes though ;) Could perhaps be less violent, but it made it amusing to me.

Doomsday by FunkyB
Lots of clocks! Simple game, clicked the mouse lots... Didn’t do much for me, but with the simple concept I imagine there’s an audience out there. But not my cup of tea I’m afraid.

Crashed when I died, every time! Full screened it made my eyes bleed a bit. Nice mechanics for fighting and interesting implementation of the time loop mechanic in the enemies. But fighting games aren’t my thing at all so didn’t do anything for me and hard for me to compare as I don’t play them.

End of Infinity by The M
Really cool game with good music. I can’t think of much to say but I liked it!

End of Time by JacobV
I so need more time with this game to see it through. Really like the idea but I found the controls quite frustrating on keys and mouse. Not sure if can use controller but if not this would be better I think.

Took a while to work out how to start – admittedly should have read the read me, and then much text, and then clicking. To be honest I found this game a struggle. Apologies if it opens up later on, but I gave up early.

Fractured by Gizmo199
Awesome and a bit of a different take on a space game. Took me a minute to work out what I was supposed to do. Really nice effects although the camera movements made me a bit dizzy. Impressive for the jam timeframe.

Cool and odd little 2d platformer. Was seriously tripping out - don't think that was intentional but I could be wrong... Quite liked it, would need fleshing out. May come back to this.

I’m a sucker for an emotive game, so this was enjoyable for me. Unless I missed something it wasn’t much of a game admittedly. Sound was excellent as it transformed the game. What can I say, it was a good experience, but to be higher in my rankings it would need to be more of a game. Valiant Hearts is a good example perhaps of what this sort of thing could become.

Lemmings game, couldn't get to restart – couldn’t find any instructions and couldn’t work out what to do. But I’m guessing it’s just like Lemmings?.. Sorry I couldn’t give it a good go.

One Minute by Lemth
Interesting graphical style, feel you could really set an intense mood with this – in a horror style game! The camera could be a bit further out and I think the main character needs some work. The game as it is wasn’t very fun for me, but I think with a different angle this could work.

Click as many times as you can in a few seconds. Hmmm. Not for me, but again, similar to the other game in the jam like this, I’m sure there is an audience out there somewhere. Not sure about replay ability though…

Re-Loop by Dalesome
Fascinating use of 3D, but what am I supposed to do?

Game Boy graphics, could walk around - nice idea - obviously ran out of time as said. I’m not aware of your other work as a relative GMC noob, but I bet there’s something out there I would love to play. But not much going on in this game in its current state – apart from potential!

Snake game - found it very addictive and frustrating - liked it. Simple but effective. But limited appeal I guess.

Space S by Wraithious
No idea what was going on. Tried moving an army man around a space cabin. Sorry I couldn’t work it out :(

Crashed everytime I died, which was often. So not really played for long. Very steep learning curve. Reduce opening difficulty and debug and looks like it has potential.

Fun, needs bigger graphics as hard to see. Enjoyed and one I could come back to try and complete. One of the better games in my opinion, but with better bigger graphics to stop it hurting my eyes.

The Game 2 by Misty
Trippy, possibly gave me epilepsy. Run around trying to get souls within a time limit – I ended up playing this for quite a bit, even though I found the jumping frustrating.

Time Bus by Snail Man
Like the overall idea, which was repeated in different forms in a few games. Controls were hard and need tightening. Think I would have enjoyed it more if I had more control over the bus. Could be expanded and improved with new controls and a less open environment perhaps - e.g. streets.

Time Quest by BionicFrog
OK. Found it quite fun walking around trying to find what I needed. Needs some expansion on the environment and animation, but I enjoyed the puzzle aspect.

I think this game has potential and I liked the graphical style – it was memorable. I found it quite repetitive and I personally was not a fan of the shooting mechanic – it left me feeling frustrated. Why can’t a tank shoot in the direction I want? With some fleshing out and a decent story this would be a good game.

Time Trax by Mocgames998
Mario Kart esque style racer Love the 3D take, as this isn’t something I’ve even tried to do, nice can create that sort of game with GM. Cornering annoyed me, and there needs to be more going on and to do.

Simple but effective, enjoyed it. Develop environment and add more mechanics/world, puzzles or enemies and it could be really good.

Trapped by matharoo
Enjoyed it, but hard to keep up with time limit. Quite good in hotline-esque style.

Treadmill by ASR
Simple runner game jumping over spikes and avoiding other hazards. Didn’t play for long as I couldn’t see any progression beyond what I had already experienced. Apologies if there was more too it.

I need to come back with controller as bloomin’ hard with mouse and keys on laptop. But cool use of physics.

Need to spend some more time with it. Classic space game. Not sure what else to say…

Very simple but clever concept. Gets hard quick though and don’t know if it’s possible to keep going for very long. Which limits the game overall. Credit for the idea though.

Status
Not open for further replies.