GMC Jam Discussion The Experimental GMC Jam #3 Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please, someone download my game so I know if it's submitted correctly. I will be very sad if I did something stupid and I did it wrong. I'm going to go eat a snack and then I have no choice but to go to bed so...

C

CoderJoe

weeeelll... looks like my game is gonna be way too unfinished to submit so looks like im pulling out. Still gonna finish it though cuz its a great idea. Stupid homework got me again!

S

Sinaz20

Wait, what's all this about read me files and folders?

We just hosted the zip that GM:S2 built.

Also... we finished.

Our game post is updated, but here's a convenient link to it, as well:
[[DOWNLOAD]]

T

TheMatrixHasMe

weeeelll... looks like my game is gonna be way too unfinished to submit so looks like im pulling out. Still gonna finish it though cuz its a great idea. Stupid homework got me again!
Atleast you have your priorities straight.

C

CoderJoe

Atleast you have your priorities straight.
the fact that I normally go to bed 2 hours ago shows that Im not quite there :p
trying hard to get at least a playable level

[edit]: yeah well looks like I really am gonna drop out. I got school tomorrow and some important classes so... Good luck to everyone else!

Last edited by a moderator:
Same here, I don't have even close to the amount of time I need. I'm gonna continue developing my game, because I've put a lot of effort and thought into this one. Since I'm actually excited to work on a project for once, this one should actually be able to be completed (*gasp*) on its own time! And if I put enough work into it, as well as devote plenty of time, I'll try and finalize my first ever game that could possibly be worth any kind of purchasing price. I've been streaming its development, and I think that has helped me a lot with my desire to keep working :) Looking forward to playing all the other jam games, you guys rock!

sylvain_l

me too I won't make it :'( not in playable state, with a big memory leak -+20Mb/min-, and I have an headhache this morning, that don't help. Tried to use too much thing I don't master, and trying to make too many things by myself.

looking forward to test your jam games.

F

FunkyB

I just finished my game, in GM I pressed "Create Application" and saved it to my desktop as a "Compressed Applications Zip". Is that acceptable? If so, how do I link it to my post? Any help is greatly appreciated, I have 2 hours left to submit.

johnwo

If anyone downloaded my contribution to the jam before the mem-leak fix, please download again from my post in the games topic.

One missing instance_destroy(); was the difference between < 100MB memory usage and > 1GB and growing 50MB each step.
My excuse is that I haven't slept for 21 hours... :p

sylvain_l

I just finished my game, in GM I pressed "Create Application" and saved it to my desktop as a "Compressed Applications Zip". Is that acceptable? If so, how do I link it to my post? Any help is greatly appreciated, I have 2 hours left to submit.
upload your zip on any platform (dropbox, onedrive, google ) and just put the link to your downladable game in your submission post.

Anyone available to test whether my game actually works on other computers?

https://lemth.itch.io/oneminute

Thanks and love in advance!!
Finished product! Can someone download and make sure I set up the folders/files correctly? Preferably before the deadline with some time to spare? Thanks so much!
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B1M4yOUAVMN_UVBSSG1MYlBoZTg
Downloaded both these games and started them up. Didn't play more than 10 secs as just testing - will review later :)

12:01 game - I got an error:
Code:
ERROR in
action number 1
of Other Event: Game End
for object obj_controller:

Data structure with index does not exist.
at gml_Object_obj_controller_Other_3

Can you see if my game / link works?
Sorry, just tried and it says the folder doesn't exist ?! I've got to leave for work in 10, I'll try quickly before I go.

Put zip in dropbox. To right of the folder is a button 'share'. Click it. Then click 'create a link', then 'copy link' and then paste into your post.

L

Lemth

Adding in a quick community price:

Places 13, 16, 21, 23 are going to get the seamless ground textures I made for this jam!

M

Misu

I submitted a broken game. Yay. And its also a pointless game since nothing really happens. Oh well. I will plan to fix this game in the future to show the real concept of it. Good luck everyone.

D

Diptoman

I'm not trying to annoy everyone by spamming the thread, but theres only around half an hour left in the jam. If someone could test my link, I'd very much appreciate it.
It's not working, that's a link for your access.

If you want a public link, put files in Dropbox's "Public" folder and use that link. :)

D

Diptoman

I don't see a public folder. Where is it?
Oh, apparently newer accounts don't have a Public folder.
Anyways, you can create a shared link (Right click on folder/file > Share > Create Link > Copy Link). Should work.

Micah_DS

Life threw me a few curve balls today and it ruined everything so I was unable to go with my original idea, sadly. However, I still somehow managed to scrounge up something last minute:
It's certainly nothing special, but hey, it works with the theme. And before you write it off as deserving of last place, please at least give it a shot for the music if nothing else (and feel free to let me know what you think of my music :D).

If anyone was looking forward to my original game idea, I'm actually planning to continue that game on my own time. Unlike my game last jam, I feel my original idea for this jam is worth pursuing.
... and now it's finally time for me to get back in on Tales of Berseria! Whooo! I feel such weeb levels of excitement! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.