• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Discussion Suggestion: Copy frame

A

Andy

Would it be possible to get an option to copy the image from a frame? You can just side click, copy, and paste the image from a frame into an external editor like MS Paint. This would be a useful feature. I don't like having to open each image, select everything, and then paste it into an external editor. :p

Last edited by a moderator:

DeScruff

Would it be possible to get an option to copy the image from a frame? You can just side click, copy, and paste the image from a frame into an external editor like MS Paint. This would be a useful feature. I don't like having to open each image, select everything, and then paste it into an external editor. :p
That is how every GameMaker version prior to this worked, and I don't quite understand why the change of how Copy/Paste works for this whole image editor.

I'd like the inverse as well, if I could copy something from another program, and just paste it as a frame, rather then create a new frame, go into the editor, then paste the image. - Which has its own problems because you cannot "paste" again until you change the brush even though you might be trying to paste a different image. (Something that brought a lot of frustration because I thought my keyboard was broken)
I'm just not a fan of the changes to Copy/Paste in this image editor as a whole.

Last edited: