• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Windows Crash at startup

R

Ricknar

Hey all,
As the title says GMS2 is crashing on startup. Here is what I can tell you about the crash;
Double click the exe and start running GMS2, shortly after startup at "Installing runtime 2.0.1.16" I get a "GameMaker Studio 2 has stopped working". I have the option to debug or close out.

I've tried reinstalling, and restarting my box, and running in admin mode and I'm still receiving the same results. Any help on this would be great!

Thanks,

Rick

Attachments

R

Ricknar

Sure thing, it will have to wait till I get off work.

Thanks,

Rick

R

Ricknar

Alright bug is filed with the UI.log as requested.

Thanks,

Rick

T

Trevor Kellogg

Upgraded to version 2 today and this same crash happens for me on startup. One difference is the version of runtime it crashes on while installing: 2.0.3.36 instead of OP's 2.0.1.16. Has there been any resolution on this issue? Like the OP, I can't use GMS2 in any way!

M

Marcos Ferreira

ok Reported. any of my logins dont work in mantis, so waiting for solution. Thanks

M

Marcos Ferreira

Ok i solved my problem with this steps

1. Removing all in programData/GameMakerStudio2
2. Disabled Avast Anti-virus
3. Run as Administrator

I tried before removing only cache with 2 and 3 but not work, in this way work ok!

Nocturne

Friendly Tyrant
Forum Staff
Admin

3. Run as Administrator

I tried before removing only cache with 2 and 3 but not work, in this way work ok!
Thank you for the update! Great to know that it worked for you. :)

Mike

nobody important
GMC Elder
If you do steps 1 and 2 only, does it still crash?

Where did you install to?

M

Marcos Ferreira

Thank you for the update! Great to know that it worked for you. :)
Yeah and the best, my multiplayer project from GMS worked 100% in importer! holy!!

If you do steps 1 and 2 only, does it still crash?

Where did you install to?
I dont tried, I remove all files and folders from programData/GameMakerStudio2, disabled avast and run as administrator. Not tried without 3 step.

I have installed on my secondary HD. D:/gms2/

Note: This problem occurs on first time, with the intalling runtimes, now run directly without problems

F

Frank

Having the same problem here. Tried disabling virus and firewall protection, deleted %appData and %programData, restarted PC, uninstalled then re-installed on secondary drive, then ran as administrator... Still crashing immediately :( using Windows 10 pro. Any other ideas?? Already filed a bug report etc.

T

Trevor Kellogg

Tried the latest version of GM2.0 today, still get the crash at same location. Already submitted a bug report. Can I get an update on this bug, please? Thank you!

Q

QatariGameDev

Not sure if this the same issue, I just would like to report it here before trying to fix it using the steps.

After I update GMS2 to the latest release.

Attachments

Mike

nobody important
GMC Elder
You'll need to file a bug, including the log file when you do so I'm afraid.

T

Trevor Kellogg

Really looking for an answer to my original question, which is "Tried the latest version of GM2.0 today, still get the crash at same location. Already submitted a bug report. Can I get an update on this bug, please? Thank you!" Have paid for GM2.0 but am still unable to use it!

rwkay

GameMaker Staff
GameMaker Dev.
The most common cause of this issue is this https://help.yoyogames.com/hc/en-us/articles/115005298487

The important point here is that many do not even realise that they had the LavaSoft software installed at all, and are very surprised when they discover that it is the root of the problem.

Also other software that does similar bad things has caused problems for other users.

Russell

T

Trevor Kellogg

Thank you for your response, Russell. :) With it I was able to determine that another program was doing something similar to LavaSoft and causing the crash. After disabling this program, I was able to get GM2 running.

T

Trevor Kellogg

Yeah! :) Covenant Eyes - it's accountability software that has the ability to block certain downloads.

A

AndrewD

3. Run as Administrator

All I did was step one and it salved the problem for me.

T

Tricerakaos

Hello, i was experiencing the same problem, so i checked the C:\ProgramData\GameMakerStudio2\ui_crash
It was written that there was an EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION in the file ig4icd64.dll...
I went to the file folder (C:\Windows\System32\ig4icd64.dll) and erased the file, after it i ran GMS2 and it worked fine

Mike

nobody important
GMC Elder
Not sure I'd have deleted it... A quick search and it looks like it's the Intel graphics driver. You probably just want to update your drivers...

http://www.freefixer.com/library/file/ig4icd64.dll-149124/

Or... it could be the hardware can't "quite" do enough to support GMS2, at which point you can copy the OpenGL DLL from the mesa folder into the main one, and it'll run in software mode (which it probably is now anyway)

L

Lolek

I have the same problem... I just filled "report a bug section". I hope someone will help...

K

korkowiec

Hi. Apparently I have the same problem with crashing on the first time... I did everything in this thread to stop that, but it didn't work... I'll file the crash log in the bug request... Apparently that could be caused by the unknown exception in C:\Windows\system32\KERNELBASE.dll

K

korkowiec

Hi. Apparently I have the same problem with crashing on the first time... I did everything in this thread to stop that, but it didn't work... I'll file the crash log in the bug request... Apparently that could be caused by the unknown exception in C:\Windows\system32\KERNELBASE.dll
I didn't notice the latest post was made a bit ago. So sorry.

acidemic

I am still getting random crashes on starup. This was on windows 7 and the same after upgrade to Windows 10.

Windows Event Viewer Application Log says the following:

Faulting application name: GameMakerStudio.exe, version: 2.2.2.413, time stamp: 0x5c990147
Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 10.0.17763.475, time stamp: 0x3230aa04
Exception code: 0xc000041d
Fault offset: 0x0000000000110409
Faulting process id: 0x2d5c
Faulting application start time: 0x01d50ccc7ddc7859
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\GameMaker Studio 2\GameMakerStudio.exe
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll
Report Id: a8d3cfe4-a18a-498c-87e7-7f3a45d9425c
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID: