• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Question - IDE What is this?

P

psyke

Sorry for the newbie question, but these numbers just appeared on my draw event window. What is this? How do I remove it? Thanks.

numbers.jpg

F

Feronar

Those are bookmarks, so you can mark and easily jump to something important. Press Ctrl-Shift-Number (I.e. Ctrl-Shift-1) to set or remove them, and Ctrl-Number (I.e. Ctrl-1) to jump to them.

P

psyke

Those are bookmarks, so you can mark and easily jump to something important. Press Ctrl-Shift-Number (I.e. Ctrl-Shift-1) to set or remove them, and Ctrl-Number (I.e. Ctrl-1) to jump to them.
Thanks! I didn't know they existed.

F

Feronar

I think it would be a good idea to make the ability to use bookmarks more prominent. It their current state, you can pretty much only discover them by accident. In the manual, the only place they are mentioned is in the keyboard shortcuts page. In the IDE, there is no button or drop down option whatsoever for setting bookmarks.

I would recommend adding a bookmark drop down menu on the menu bar at the top of the window, and also allow setting bookmarks from the right-click menu on a line of code.