• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Question - Code part_system_update ?

M

Monkeysaur

I'm using:
Code:
//Advance System
repeat (room_speed * 3)
{
   part_system_update (part_bg2_sys)
}
in an attempt to advance my particle system, but it's not working as intended. Should this work in GMS2?

Or do I need to do something different?

Thanks.

Has anyone else had this problem?

Last edited by a moderator:
M

Monkeysaur

Sorry to bump, but have others used part_system_update succesfully in GMS2?

Is it a known issue? Or more likely a problem with my code/game?

Thanks for any info anyone can give.

chance

predictably random
Forum Staff
I generally use the (default) automatic updates, so I don't have much experience with manually advancing a particle effect.

Does your particle effect look right when you just let it run automatically? How long (duration) is the sequence? Unless the normal length of the sequence is longer than 3 seconds, advancing it by 3 seconds in a single game step might not display anything onscreen.

Also, have you tried manually turning auto updates back ON (true)?

M

Monkeysaur

I generally use the (default) automatic updates, so I don't have much experience with manually advancing a particle effect.

Does your particle effect look right when you just let it run automatically? How long (duration) is the sequence? Unless the normal length of the sequence is longer than 3 seconds, advancing it by 3 seconds in a single game step might not display anything onscreen.

Also, have you tried manually turning auto updates back ON (true)?
Thanks for the reply, I have tried setting auto updates to true, but it doesn't help.

The particle system works fine, but I am trying to advance the particle system so it is running when the room is entered.

It doesn't seem to matter what duration I use. I tried room_speed * 300 it still made no difference.

Thanks for your help.

B

b0dhisattva

I'm having this issue as well. Has anyone found the solution yet?

T

theraje3

I'm having this issue as well. Has anyone found the solution yet?

Hi! I know is a bit late but I just find the answer for my problem ( and with some luck also yours)
In my case It didnt work because I didnt set the emitter in the creation code but in the step event.
Even send a error msg to yoyogames lol just before i found it :S

so make sure you create your emitter, your emitter region and the emitter stream/burst before you place the part_system update.