Discussion What did yall get for Christmas?

11clock

Merry Christmas for those who celebrate Christmas! For the same people, what did you get for Christmas? Below is my list.

-An angry emoticon pillow
-Game Feel, a 400 page textbook on making games feel good. Basically a much more indepth version of that Art of Screenshake video, with like 8 or so case studies, including Super Mario 64.
-Ultimate History of video games. It's a 600 page textbook on video game history. My twin brother who gave this to me didn't know it was a textbook, thought it would be smaller lol.
-A $20 Steam gift card. Funny thing is, my little brother gave this to me but I also got him the same exact thing. So we nullified each other's gifts.
-A rapid mac and cheese maker. Can quickly make an entire box of Kraft Mac & Cheese in 5 minutes without any need to boil water.
-"The Best Computer Humor On The Web!" A book on funny articles about computers.
-"The Ultimate Guide to Video Game Writing and Design." A short(er) book on writing the story stuff in video games. Will be useful since I plan on making an RPG in the future.
-"Introduction to Game Design, Prototyping, and Development: From Concept to Playable Game with Unity and C#" Pretty self explanatory. And the one I wanted the most.
-A new pillow.
-A new back pillow.
-An umbrella and rain jacket.
-A bunch of candy.
-A picture of the Nintendo Switch. (Basically a telling that I will get this as a late Christmas present.)
-$5 Steam gift card.

Last edited:
A

Alessio

A South Tyrol pretzel... literally. I like pretzels.
Then, i got Perfect Edition (what's written there) of Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Season/Ages manga: i saw it in a bookstore and decided to make a Christmas present to myself.

But there was something i would have really wanted as Christmas gift: a handheld vaacum cleaner. I'm dead serious.
But, for the next years, there is something i really, really want to do as gift for my broke family: making them well-off selling a good videogame i'll eventually do, lol!

I got big and old and i'm not even religious so Christmas doesn't really mean anything to me like it did when i was a kid. Everything is also too materialistic nowadays and people care more about gifts rather than about human interactions.

Y

Yacob

I got from my best friend:
An authentic Japanese Chawan.
Authentic Japanese Matcha green tea.
Highest quality truffles made in Switzerland, some with edible gold on them. like holy moly. lmao
More chocolate.
some mochi.
Discontinued/rare Nike Lunar HyperQuickness shoes.

From big bro's girlfriend's mum:

Two candle holders. LMAO