• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Spine animation issue: it only intepolates at default anim speed.

G

Gamely

If you change image_speed to something slower than 1 you don't get any motion interpolation as it still interpolate at predefined rate.This still apply if you draw the skeleton by the drawing api.

This just looks as spline animation are not interpolating at all at runtime, but get preinterpolated.
This makes spine use a lot less sexy.

tested on 1.99.535 with suggested spline version.

JaimitoEs

Mmmmm i think that is correct, i tried this 2 years ago and i don´t remember correctly so maybe i´m wrong :

The main problem is how gamemaker handle Spine interpolation, gamemaker is step based and Spine runtime is delta time based, try to put a very high roomspeed and make the test again to see what´s happend.....

You can make a Slowmotion control using a delta time system.

Another way is with the function "draw_skeleton_time" to control the animation with your own time system, but i´m not tried this at the moment.

Last edited:
G

Gamely

Thanks for your suggestion I ve got draw_skeleton_time a second chance and it failed again with the same issue.
Also Deltatime workflow doesn't fix the problem plus it is not an option as deltatime is just an hack in game maker and isn't compatible with many systems like particles and alarms and breaks determinism .

JaimitoEs

Thanks for your suggestion I ve got draw_skeleton_time a second chance and it failed again with the same issue.
Also Deltatime workflow doesn't fix the problem plus it is not an option as deltatime is just an hack in game maker and isn't compatible with many systems like particles and alarms and breaks determinism .
Yes, i know the Delta timing issues with projects, just suggested this to show you interpolation works with imagen speed lower than one , with high room speed...

JaimitoEs

Another easy way is scale your time in the Spine project, giving more seconds and then set a high imagespeed in gamemaker like 2 or 3, and then low this when yo need.

G

Gamely

Another easy way is scale your time in the Spine project, giving more seconds and then set a high imagespeed in gamemaker like 2 or 3, and then low this when yo need.
This is a way better hack as it doesn't interfere with other system.

G

Gamely

Thanks This is a way better hack as it doesn't interfere with other systems.