• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Discussion Can't Login to GameMaker Studio 2....

S

Sam (Deleted User)

So I tried updating a marketplace asset today and it said no internet, even though there is working internet.

I logged out of GameMaker Studio 2 to see if that would fix anything...

Now I can't use GMS2 at all. Same Error when I try to log back in.

I tried updating to the latest IDE, and still it is pretending I am not connected to the internet with that error.

Please help.
Thanks.
Samuel

Smiechu

I have the same thing all the time since one week. I need to launch GMS2 several times to get properly logged in.

M

MrJosh

I'm having the same issue.

I'm trying to log in on a Mac, purchased through Steam.

Unable to login - No network connection - despite the fact I'm posting on here with at least 15mb/s up and 10mb/s down?

What is the fix here?

I just purchased this about four hours ago, it's been a frustrating "unboxing" so far :-(

Edit: Oh boy, looks like we're not alone...

Since my account is new I can't post links, but I've found twitter and reddit threads about this bug from today.

Last edited by a moderator:
W

WOOOO

Exactly same happens to me. I changed steam options related to online/offline status. and reinstalled GMS2 but nothing changed.
"Unable to login – no network connection" pop up forever...

rIKmAN

Are you all using the Steam version?
Have you tried standalone?

Using standalone here and have no issues at all.

S

Sam (Deleted User)

Are you all using the Steam version?
I'm not using the steam version.

It wouldn't surprise me if YoYo are already working on a fix for this. I wanted to make a topic though just in case. (Might do a helpdesk ticket too if needed)

A

Arconious

I am experiencing the same issue; GMS2 will not allow me to login and use it, stating "No network connection".

LunaticEdit

My friend, who also has his own license, also cannot log into GMS2 with "No network connection". I have a feeling those of us who CAN get in are only ok because we're cached. I hope they fix this very soon. He is NOT using the steam version, it's straight from the website.

A

Arconious

Has anyone heard from YoYo on this issue yet, or resolved it by some means? If I'm reading the times on these posts correctly, this seems to have been ongoing throughout the day (if not longer), and it's really disappointing not being able to access GMS2 at the times I desire.

C

CyberDragonGames

Im having the same issue hope they answer get this resolved soon

A

Arconious

EDIT: Well, nevermind actually. The below method worked for me I believe 2 or 3 login/logout rotations, but has now since stopped working and I am back to being unable to login with only a "No network connection" error. Original post follows:

Hello everyone, I have managed to log back in and regain access to GMS2, and I believe I have managed to identify the steps that at least offer me a solution, which are two-fold (note that I am using Windows 10):

1) In the Windows Defender Security Center, under the Firewall settings, ensure that "Gamemaker Studio 2" is explicitly allowed on your Private/Public networks (depending on which network type you are connected on).
2) Make sure to run GMS2 as an Administrator (Right Click > Run As Administrator)

By doing the two steps above, I was able to get the login to allow me in, after which I no longer need to forcefully run as admin. Undoing the above settings and logging out of GMS2 reverts me back to the problem state of "No network connection". The ui.log file makes mention of aborting connections to yoyogames.com and account.yoyogames.com, so perhaps some change to the default Windows Firewall caused it to be blocked.

Last edited by a moderator:
C

CyberDragonGames

EDIT: Well, nevermind actually. The below method worked for me I believe 2 or 3 login/logout rotations, but has now since stopped working and I am back to being unable to login with only a "No network connection" error. Original post follows:

Hello everyone, I have managed to log back in and regain access to GMS2, and I believe I have managed to identify the steps that at least offer me a solution, which are two-fold (note that I am using Windows 10):

1) In the Windows Defender Security Center, under the Firewall settings, ensure that "Gamemaker Studio 2" is explicitly allowed on your Private/Public networks (depending on which network type you are connected on).
2) Make sure to run GMS2 as an Administrator (Right Click > Run As Administrator)

By doing the two steps above, I was able to get the login to allow me in, after which I no longer need to forcefully run as admin. Undoing the above settings and logging out of GMS2 reverts me back to the problem state of "No network connection". The ui.log file makes mention of aborting connections to yoyogames.com and account.yoyogames.com, so perhaps some change to the default Windows Firewall caused it to be blocked.
Still same issue for me. Checked firewall its allowed, antivirus was disabled, even disabled firewall temporarilly to test. And problem still persists

Also the same issue. This is absolutely unacceptable!! If I had known this before I wouldn't have purchased gms2. This log in system has never worked : /

Mick

upload_2018-6-1_10-57-55.png

Same for me. I think YoYo should remove the login requirement altogether (or only require login when making executables), this is creating too many problems for paying customers.

Z

zzzzza1

I'm using the steam version. I can login and logout, but I can not compile the game: the compilation time is on and the process is in place.

I think that these are similar problems.

F

forsamori

We've made some changes regarding this issue, could you all please try again and let me know how you get on?

Q

QuinnlanVos

I still cant login either.
I'm trying to update some apps for work, and I Can't even use the program
Super frustrating

C

CyberDragonGames

OMG same YOYO fix make it to where you just have to put in a serial or give us a license key to where we can transition our program over to steam to see if that helps.

rIKmAN

OMG same YOYO fix make it to where you just have to put in a serial or give us a license key to where we can transition our program over to steam to see if that helps.
It doesn't matter which version you bought, you can use either standalone or Steam by linking your Steam account in your YYG account settings.

T

thomas pelletan

I have the same probleme and i really need it to work for tomorrow because of an meeting of a school for next year, i really need it to works for the school.

Smiechu

I don't know if it"s connected anyhow, but yesterday this big Windows 10 update was installed on my machine, and since then I haven't got any problems... hopefully...

C

CyberDragonGames

So far step i have taken and problem still persists about to set up a proxy server to see if i can get GMS2 to tunnel through the issue.

1. disable all antivirus. No help
2. made allowances through firewall just to be sure. No help
3. disable firewall all together, still nothing.
4. linked steam account and ran through steam still nothing.
5. uninstalled then reinstalled program, still nothing.

The one thing that stands out to me right now is support said to add in "debugLog": "1", in um.json on first line. Then restart GMS2. Then grab the ui.log and send it to them.

Problem is its not creating a ui.log
Which is interesting as it shows a no internet connection error.

Yep, I'm having the same issue too, it's been since yesterday. I've been able to get in once or twice out of a bunch of login attempts but it's still happening.

The YoYo Games site is acting really finicky too, and trying to access it from GMS2 (in one of the few times I could log in) caused the program to hang, maybe the problems are related?

C

CyberDragonGames

Same issue is persisting even after uninstalling fully including regedit and reinstalling in steam. Setting up the proxy now to see if it bypassess the connection check

A

Arconious

Issue is still persisting to me.

Yesterday I submitted a helpdesk ticket, and I did receive a response today that asked me to try again as the YoYo Team made some changes to help alleviate the issue. Unfortunately, this does not appear to have fixed the problem.

C

CyberDragonGames

Sorry had someone come into the office had to talk to a client. Working on the proxy now

P

Porkogougoul

Salut bande de gr¤sses m3rdes, fils de p\/tes de déchets : est il normal que après avoir payé un logiciel JE (et aussi plein d'autre personnes visiblement) ne puissent pas l'utiliser car vous imposez de se login OR cela ne marche pas du coup je peux pas coder bande de gros débiles : c'est agaçant.

Z

Zirass

Bien résumé Porkogoulgoul , sa fait 3 jours que j'attends ... Sa devient long

A

Arconious

If you have access to a VPN, you may want to try connecting through a different region. I am normally US West experiencing the issue, but after connecting to US East servers, it allowed me to login.

C

CyberDragonGames

If you have access to a VPN, you may want to try connecting through a different region. I am normally US West experiencing the issue, but after connecting to US East servers, it allowed me to login.
Just curiouse what VPN are you using ran it through a proxy seem to resolve some of the issue.

C

CyberDragonGames

Confirmed. Im using expressvpn on the west coast san francisco server. And GMS2 is able to log in. Have not checked other location but this will provide you with a work around to resolve the issue so you can log in.

A

Alejandro Martinez

This is the exact reason i've never liked the whole internet verification scheme. It's like every other thing in life. The people who respect the law always get screwed. I'm sure pirates are not having issues like this, only people who actually paid for this product. This really irritates me, sitting idle, not being able to use GMS2 for two days now. Costing me money. Oh by the way, I'm using standalone on a Mac. Hopefully this gets resolved soon.

S

SomeMadPoet

Alejandro is on the mark there. Remember that time GMS's anti-piracy tricks zapped and corrupted the projects of legitimate users? It made the news (the indie news circles at least). I'm having the same access problem too, with both my standalone and Steam versions of GMS2. I get a message that says "unable to take user offline", and then when I try to log in it says it can't connect to the internet. Also, my GMS 1.4 won't even start. It loads for a brief moment, flashes a white screen, then goes away. I wonder if the issues might be related. I've tinkered with my firewall and anti-virus settings, but nothing I have done has made a difference. The only thing I've seen mentioned that I haven't tried is using a VPN. At this point I about don't care. After taking a six month hiatus from GM, I was't expecting to find it broken when I wanted to start using it again. I'm sure they're going to issue a patch soon or tweak some network settings to address the issue, but this is really annoying. Hopefully more noise will make them move faster.

Ruimm

Tried using GM after some weeks off to record a video of a game and I couldnt even start the IDE... It's for stuff like this that I have quit GM alltogether...

J

Just@Gamer

Currently undergoing the same issue that started yesterday for me after updating to the latest IDE. pic.PNG

C

CyberDragonGames

Alejandro is on the mark there. Remember that time GMS's anti-piracy tricks zapped and corrupted the projects of legitimate users? It made the news (the indie news circles at least). I'm having the same access problem too, with both my standalone and Steam versions of GMS2. I get a message that says "unable to take user offline", and then when I try to log in it says it can't connect to the internet. Also, my GMS 1.4 won't even start. It loads for a brief moment, flashes a white screen, then goes away. I wonder if the issues might be related. I've tinkered with my firewall and anti-virus settings, but nothing I have done has made a difference. The only thing I've seen mentioned that I haven't tried is using a VPN. At this point I about don't care. After taking a six month hiatus from GM, I was't expecting to find it broken when I wanted to start using it again. I'm sure they're going to issue a patch soon or tweak some network settings to address the issue, but this is really annoying. Hopefully more noise will make them move faster.
Using a vpn worked for me. I just set the server to california and i was back in.

C

CyberDragonGames

Huh, that's weird since I'm in California (Bay Area) and I'm getting the "no network connection" message.
I set the vpn to san francisco and it worked for me.
Also make sure your ip4 dns is set to 8.8.8.8 , 8.8.4.4 which is the google dns servers.